ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Le Palais Nikaia, Nice, France - 8th August 2006
© Jeep with Very special Thanks to Jeep!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB: good or bad, after all? Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th August 2006 11:09 PM
Jair In the last few days I read several posts with hard complains about ABB here.

When came out, however, most of the pals here was drooling for it (am I correct, Gazza?)

Why did everybody change mind now? It wasnt the best Stones since Some Girls????

I remember some of you got to say that was the best since Exile!

And now, what do you think about it ABB? What did happen, after all?

I will keep three 3 stars. Good, nothing special. Always thought that...

5th August 2006 11:12 PM
pdog I didn't eat for 7 days, someone gave me a piece of stale bread. It's still the best bread I've ever eaten!
5th August 2006 11:34 PM
Soldatti
quote:
pdog wrote:
I didn't eat for 7 days, someone gave me a piece of stale bread. It's still the best bread I've ever eaten!

This explains A LOT.
I used to like the new album, but I'm not so sure now. I discovered that other Stones albums of the last 25 years are much more interesting to listen, like B2B or even Dirty Work in the last month.
I gave it 9/10 in the first months, currently 6/10 and slowing down.
5th August 2006 11:44 PM
RollingstonesUSA I love it!!!!
6th August 2006 12:43 AM
glencar Between SW & VL, I waited 5 years. I was in my alte 20's/early 30's. That seemed a lot longer than 8 years seems now. VL was a flat-out dog. ABB is pretty fucking good. The Keith songs suck but the ones Mick sings his heart on are excellente!
6th August 2006 01:07 AM
RollingstonesUSA This is my A Bigger Bang tracklisting:

1.Rough Justice
2.Oh No, Not You Again
3.She Saw Me Coming
4.It Won't Take Long
5.Back Of My Hand
6.Laugh, I Nearly Died
7.Dangerous Beauty
8.Look What The Cat Dragged In
9.Let Me Down Slow
10.Driving Too Fast
11.Under The Radar
12.Infamy
6th August 2006 01:13 AM
glencar Virgin should have hired you!
6th August 2006 01:14 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
glencar wrote:
Virgin should have hired you!

I am a poor man's Rick Rubin!
6th August 2006 02:44 AM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

I am a poor man's Rick Rubin!

The Stones get their advice from "Yes Men".
Sad!
6th August 2006 02:47 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

The Stones get their advice from "Yes Men".
Sad!

6th August 2006 04:12 AM
IanBillen
Are you fuckers out of your mind?

A Bigger Bang hits home! All this "BS" about how the Stones need to cut back on studio musicians, need to get back to basics, need to cut the poppy shit like "Don't Stop" and get down to business....

Well they did. And they nailed it! Hard Hitting, Good Songs (All of them, yes all 16), No BS, and the rockers have got that high energy to them, and the meatier ones are heavy and hit home. Nothing too fancy. Just Rock-based direct in your face Rolling Stones and Jagger pours it out like we never could have imagined at this point in their game.

You all wanted it (so did I), and they gave it to you with a bow.

What eles do you want here? Wake up

Ian
6th August 2006 04:24 AM
pdog Go listen to Biggest Mistake then listen to Toby Keith...
If that's your thing, enjoy!
There wwas potential, somewhere in there. What do you expect from a band charging almost $500 for so-so seats at a show. This album is a perfect example of their disconect!
6th August 2006 05:04 AM
maumau good or bad?
same opinion than first week
it could have been great if cut to 10/11 songs
also production sucks as usual
the real drowling in fact i was when I first heard the bits voodoo put o here that were recorded fro speakers. That gave the right rs atmosphere also to crap like (let me down and bm) and make good songs rockets (it wont take long, driving).
All i all i keep preferring abb to both vl and b2b (no comparison possible with SW which is now,by far, the RS that I like the least)
it's good
6th August 2006 08:46 AM
Poplar
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

wow - who is that?
6th August 2006 09:41 AM
Madafaka ABB brought Stones to South America = Excellent album!
6th August 2006 11:43 AM
GotToRollMe I'd say it's about 50/50 - half good/half crap - which, considering that we're talking about the Stones here, isn't very good at all.

6th August 2006 11:45 AM
Kilroy I say it's good AAA, in fact I like it alot. I'll go out on a limb and say I like it almost as much as I like Exhile On Main Street. I see alot of similarities between the two. Blues , Rock, and Rock n Roll. Exhile on Main Street I think is the Stones ID album. I don't think A Bigger Bang does that, but I think it holds up to their persona.
I think its great that the "Stones Perfectionist" on this forrum, do not get it. The Stones can't be perfect and should not be. You really do not want them to be. That's what makes them the greatest rock n roll band of all time. Perfection sucks, it's no fun. The Stones they're fun, alot of fun. If you want perfection listen to something other than the blues mixed with rock n roll. You see the two mix well together but they never mix without a few imperfections. That's the great think about the Stones. Plus don't forget about the concept of the #2 guy,band, always is working, while #1 sit on his, their asses or dies. The Stones live and play and say *$#) you to the establishment, they're still scary after all these years, that's what you want isnt it? THank you for your Question.
[Edited by Kilroy]
[Edited by Kilroy]
6th August 2006 04:55 PM
Bitch I like it overall, it has all the elements of a STONES classic: blues, rockers, love songs, and KEEF songs. Not every song thrills me but these go "all the way" for me.

LAUGH I NEARLY DIED & BACK OF MY HAND - instant blues classics.

ROUGH JUSTICE & OH NO NOT YOU AGAIN - great rocking tunes, especially when played live

RAIN FALL DOWN & LET ME DOWN SLOW - sexy MICK lyrics

INFAMY & THIS PLACE IS EMPTY - classic sweet KEEF

STREETS OF LOVE & IT WONT TAKE LONG- sad love songs

6th August 2006 06:14 PM
Lethargy Good, but not great, kind of like Voodoo Lounge, B2B, Steel Wheels, Dirty Work, Undercover. I'd rank the post-Tattoo albums as follows (from best to worst)

1) Bridges To Babylon (so much there if you give it a chance)
2) Voodoo
3) ABB
4) Dirty Work
5) Undercover
6) Steel Wheels

6th August 2006 06:34 PM
Scottfree Me likey..... I like BM....
6th August 2006 06:57 PM
speedfreakjive i really like LMDRS
6th August 2006 07:39 PM
72Tele Good?-Not much. Some decent playing. Some decent production
Bad?-They should have named it "Cringer". Lyrics so bad it makes me feel like the first 20 years were a dream.
After All-Everything changes. Just the world we live in.
6th August 2006 10:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Love it, one of the best ever
6th August 2006 11:10 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
Jair wrote:
In the last few days I read several posts with hard complains about ABB here.

When came out, however, most of the pals here was drooling for it (am I correct, Gazza?)

Why did everybody change mind now? It wasnt the best Stones since Some Girls????

I remember some of you got to say that was the best since Exile!

And now, what do you think about it ABB? What did happen, after all?

I will keep three 3 stars. Good, nothing special. Always thought that...

"ABB" will always mean "Allman Brothers Band" to me.

7th August 2006 07:48 AM
Jair
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Love it, one of the best ever

si si si!!!
how much they payed you to say that???

7th August 2006 10:44 AM
glencar
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Good, but not great, kind of like Voodoo Lounge, B2B, Steel Wheels, Dirty Work, Undercover. I'd rank the post-Tattoo albums as follows (from best to worst)

1) Bridges To Babylon (so much there if you give it a chance)
2) Voodoo
3) ABB
4) Dirty Work
5) Undercover
6) Steel Wheels

I'd move #2 to #6 & bump all the others up one spot...
7th August 2006 10:50 AM
Saint Sway I refuse to rank ABB as a Stones album.

but do consider to be one of Mick's best solo albums.

I'd rank it 2nd after Wandering Spirit.
7th August 2006 10:51 AM
Jair
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I refuse to rank ABB as a Stones album.

but do consider to be one of Mick's best solo albums.

I'd rank it 2nd after Wandering Spirit.

Hey, good point!
7th August 2006 10:56 AM
Some Guy It got played yesterday for the first time in a little while as I was washing my cars and I must say it made for a great day.
7th August 2006 10:57 AM
Ronnie Richards My take on ABB is about the same as it was at the time of release.

There is one great rocker - Rough Justice.
The Keith songs are, as usual, good.
A few more decent tracks - It Won't Take Long & Back of My Hand.

The other songs range from bad (sweet neocon and biggest mistake) to passable.

And yes, the lyrics are cringe-worthy.

This makes it, as every other Stones albums after Tattoo You, mediocre.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)