ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Nice, France leaving for the show - 7th August 2006
Š ˙˙Alphafrance with Very special Thanks to Gypsy!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No Beacon? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
4th August 2006 10:26 PM
GotToRollMe Do iPods play MP3s exclusively or can you play other formats?

4th August 2006 10:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

You said "tour mind!"
Freudian slip!!!

and I haven't even been drinking. I am good with a keyboard in the dark
4th August 2006 10:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Do iPods play MP3s exclusively or can you play other formats?

I've got a "grandmother version" so I'm not sure what the new ones play. Mine plays all the files I've put on my computer(except flac and shn). iTunes is a great library system for your music files and then you can put what you want on your iPod and change your listening material whenever you want.
4th August 2006 10:47 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:

We'll always have each other and these boards! If they could've found a way, I'm sure they would've charged us for our summits!
For a day or two I was pumped to go to NYC and see them again, maybe AC... I'm not even excited to see them in Oakland, even if I was given a ticket!

why not all three? oakland has always been good to me brother!!!
4th August 2006 11:27 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I gotta send you a check! Email me the address! And I will get an iPod once I figure out howe to operate some of the other crap I've bought lately.

Speaking of that, I don't want you going to Europe w/o some cash to get me those new singles...
Gimme and addy in a PM, I'll send you what you think will cover the cost and postage...
4th August 2006 11:31 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Speaking of that, I don't want you going to Europe w/o some cash to get me those new singles...
Gimme and addy in a PM, I'll send you what you think will cover the cost and postage...

pdog, it's only 2.99! I can bear it! But if you insist on sending me money, wait until I return home. Anything you send me will go to charity.
4th August 2006 11:35 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
pdog, it's only 2.99! I can bear it! But if you insist on sending me money, wait until I return home. Anything you send me will go to charity.

PETA?
4th August 2006 11:40 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

PETA?

LOL I was thinking a homeless charity...
4th August 2006 11:41 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL I was thinking a homeless charity...

Kasabian?
5th August 2006 12:00 AM
glencar They really need our help...
5th August 2006 12:31 AM
chevysales
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
There will be no club shows at all.

newsflash...there will be no shows at all...mick is pissed gazza keeps putting up bad shots as headers here
5th August 2006 12:45 AM
Bitch I heard the Beacon shows my become MSG shows instead.

This would make sense and I hope its true, because Beacon tickets would have been impossible to get.

Anyone 'in the know' hear this?
5th August 2006 12:48 AM
Dan Scharzeneggar - anything to keep Terminator 4 from being made.

I was still using a cassette walkman up til very recently when it started to eat my Samhain tape on the 666th consecutive listen.

Fuck the Beacon, the people here who deserved tickets the most would be shut out. The Edmontoners deserved to get ripped off more.
5th August 2006 09:18 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
chevysales wrote:

newsflash...there will be no shows at all...mick is pissed gazza keeps putting up bad shots as headers here

It was Voodoo putting up those nasty pics, but he has redeemed himself spectacularly! (See today's header.)

5th August 2006 10:21 AM
mac_daddy well, dan - i guess our votes will cancel eachother out 8)

maybe this is leaving the door open for the club gig to be in los angeles...

5th August 2006 10:38 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Do iPods play MP3s exclusively or can you play other formats?

iPods really like the .aiff format. When I use Toast to make .flac files into iPod-friendly music, that's the format it puts the music into. (Still not the quality most people on the board would be happy with, though.) It is handy to carry along your favorite music.

SV

5th August 2006 12:34 PM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I predicted this news during the Steel Wheels Tour.

Figures. Finally the Stones were on the verge of doing something special on this tour - and they couldn't follow through.

I can hear Mick saying it now: "We bloody won't make enough cash from that gig. Bollocks, cancel it."
5th August 2006 02:34 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I heard the Beacon shows my become MSG shows instead.

This would make sense and I hope its true, because Beacon tickets would have been impossible to get.

Anyone 'in the know' hear this?

There May be and Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) show on Halloween instead of two shows at 1 city, cuz it's on iorr as rumoured
5th August 2006 04:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Figures. Finally the Stones were on the verge of doing something special on this tour - and they couldn't follow through.

The only 'following through' done on this tour has been by the fans after they checked their credit card statements
5th August 2006 04:57 PM
Dan
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
well, dan - i guess our votes will cancel eachother out 8)

maybe this is leaving the door open for the club gig to be in los angeles...

Well, I can't really imagine an arena show here Nov 20.

Check your PM!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)