ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July 2006
© Paul Bergen for Mojo Concerts with thanks to Angiergirl!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Horrible crime (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st July 2006 12:10 PM
jb http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/southflorida/sfl-crob31jul31,0,7494485.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

I am ashamed to live in South Florida today. Coconut Grove is an area of great wealth and greater poverty. If you go down the wrong street , you can end up like this. Truly disgusting.

[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 12:28 PM
jostorm This sort of thing simply makes me ashamed of being a human being, full stop. It can happen anywhere, but I believe that your ridiculous US attitude a la John Wayne that practically allows any idiot with an IQ larger than his shoesize to walk into a gunshop and buy whatever he can afford, is to be blamed to a very large extent. Although they're not perfect in the UK either....
They seem too unhealthily obsessed with defending the human rights of the perpetrator. You, as an US attorney, would piss yourself laughing non-stop if you read what happens here....And although I think it's rather cool to get away scottfree after killing an intruder, here in the UK the bastard can sue you for damages if you as much as "psychologically hurt him". Haha and ha.

Poor man.

Hope he rests in peace...
[Edited by jostorm]
31st July 2006 12:31 PM
sirmoonie This why all Americans should be armed at all times.
31st July 2006 12:43 PM
jostorm Yes, but don't you see that this is a circular argument??
I think you'd only achieve order if the "right" people were armed, and no one else. But then, let's face it, that's what led to the rise of the Nazis.So, perhaps not such a good idea...
So, I think that order can only be achieved when NO ONE is armed. And not like a lot of Americans always say, when everyone is armed. It just escalates all the time, and we now have a city like Nottingham that has the highest crime rate in the UK, I read that worse than even New York in its darkest hour. We seem to be going the same way as the US, but perhaps in more slow-motion...
I really don't think that arming oneself is the answer.
I once read in an American magazine that per capita the Americans own 3 guns, that is counting everyone, little old ladies and children and infants. Some number, hu?
And is the US of A a safer place to live in for all the guns you possess????
31st July 2006 12:51 PM
jb The person who committed this crime , in all likelihood, did not purchase his gun from a licensed dealer. The perpertrator is likely a felon who committed a crime of opportunity. Many crimes have been committed against tourists down hereover the years....they even had a gang who followed people from the airport, bumped their rental cars, and whebn they got out, robbeb them. Hence, rental vehicles are no longer identified as such. The contrast b/t the wealth in Coconut Grove is contrasted by the gheto which surrounds it. I don't go down there much myself anymore as a wrong turn can be your last.
31st July 2006 12:53 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
The person who committed this crime , in all likelihood, did not purchase his gun from a licensed dealer. The perpertrator is likely a felon who committed a crime of opportunity. Many crimes have been committed against tourists down hereover the years....they even had a gang who followed people from the airport, bumped their rental cars, and whebn they got out, robbeb them. Hence, rental vehicles are no longer identified as such. The contrast b/t the wealth in Coconut Grove is contrasted by the gheto which surrounds it. I don't go down there much myself anymore as a wrong turn can be your last.

6% of our population commit 70% of gun crimes

And they ain't NRA members
31st July 2006 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

AGREED-and I am a lib who will vote for those who support Israel. It is disgusting how we can't finish the job b/c thse cowards are hiding among civilians(see pictures on Drudge).
31st July 2006 12:56 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
jostorm wrote:
And is the US of A a safer place to live in for all the guns you possess????

I know my house is a safer place with me and my guns living there. Safer for my family anyway.
31st July 2006 01:00 PM
sirmoonie We are losing the War on Crime, as we lost the War on Drugs.
31st July 2006 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We are losing the War on Crime, as we lost the War on Drugs.

True..........."just say no" was a complete failure.
31st July 2006 01:06 PM
Jumping Jack Gentiles are not welcome in South Florida?
31st July 2006 01:07 PM
Dan
quote:
jostorm wrote:

So, I think that order can only be achieved when NO ONE is armed. And not like a lot of Americans always say, when everyone is armed. It just escalates all the time, and we now have a city like Nottingham that has the highest crime rate in the UK, I read that worse than even New York in its darkest hour. We seem to be going the same way as the US, but perhaps in more slow-motion...

This can't be true about Nottingham. Guns are illegal there. I refuse to believe there is any gun crime at all.
31st July 2006 01:07 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Gentiles are not welcome in South Florida?

Prez ate at Joes Stonecrab last night. Staying at Brickell 4 Seasons.
[Edited by jb]
31st July 2006 01:08 PM
Jumping Jack I love stone crabs!
31st July 2006 01:10 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
I love stone crabs!

Don't we all..it's a true culinary delight.
31st July 2006 01:17 PM
jostorm Dan: That's what I keep reading in the newspaper, and my newspaper is serious, not a tabloid. Do you mean to say that there is some type of media-conspiracy telling usmade-up stuff??? Some Consevative smearing campaign???
Really don't think so. Although I would definitely put Big Brother in that category...

jb: that place you call home sounds too dangerous for my taste. I'd rather live in my village, where I often find in the mornings that I mistakenly didn't lock the main door at night and think "oops!"
Your part of town sounds exactly like the setting to "The Bonfire of the Vanities" ...
31st July 2006 01:18 PM
Jumping Jack The Stones should come back to S. Florida for the freshest seafood!
31st July 2006 01:31 PM
Dan
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Dan: That's what I keep reading in the newspaper, and my newspaper is serious, not a tabloid. Do you mean to say that there is some type of media-conspiracy telling usmade-up stuff??? Some Consevative smearing campaign???
Really don't think so. Although I would definitely put Big Brother in that category...

"So, I think that order can only be achieved when NO ONE is armed." So much for that theory as shown by Nottingham's crime rate, where legally, no one is armed.
31st July 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Dan: That's what I keep reading in the newspaper, and my newspaper is serious, not a tabloid. Do you mean to say that there is some type of media-conspiracy telling usmade-up stuff??? Some Consevative smearing campaign???

jb: that place you call home sounds too dangerous for my taste. I'd rather live in my village, where I often find in the mornings that I mistakenly didn't lock the main door at night and think "oops!"
Your part of town sounds exactly like the setting to "The Bonfire of the Vanities" ...

Well, America is a very violent country....you really must be careful where you go..............................
31st July 2006 01:41 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:

Well, America is a very violent country....you really must be careful where you go..............................

See, e.g., O.J. Simpson.
31st July 2006 01:45 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

See, e.g., O.J. Simpson.

see also, MSNBC"s constant airing of prison bitch shows.
31st July 2006 01:46 PM
jostorm Of course I know guns are illegal in the UK, Dan, I've lived here since 1990. The ones in Nottingham must be illegal, then.
I also know that weapons get smuggled, and that we have problems with triads and ex-Jamaican gangsters, and now Easter-European ones ....How difficult do you think it is anywhere in the East ex-Soviet Union territories to get hold of weapons? And in recent war-zones like Bosnia??..My husband once went to a scientific conference in the Cote D'Azure, and some East European delegates turned up in a military speed-boat that the crew promptly tried to flog to everyone for a bargain at 50.000 dollars, as they hadn't been paid in ages.
31st July 2006 01:46 PM
Joey " The furniture salesman from Homewood, Ill., stumbled out of his car and collapsed. Only one person stopped to help, police said. Gentile was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead. "

This individual was not Jewish
31st July 2006 01:48 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The furniture salesman from Homewood, Ill., stumbled out of his car and collapsed. Only one person stopped to help, police said. Gentile was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead. "

The is more than likely true....................
31st July 2006 01:49 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
" The furniture salesman from Homewood, Ill., stumbled out of his car and collapsed. Only one person stopped to help, police said. Gentile was taken to Jackson Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead. "

When one of us bleeds, we all bleed.
31st July 2006 02:07 PM
Starbuck
quote:

tele

can you post the link on that one??
31st July 2006 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

100% correct Sir..see in Chicago if it sells out..rught now not looking too good.
31st July 2006 02:11 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

31st July 2006 02:16 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
We are losing the War on Crime, as we lost the War on Drugs.

31st July 2006 02:18 PM
Fiji Joe Poverty caused this...all people kill innocents due to poverty...This murder lies squarely at the feet of everyone making six figures or more annualy

Murderer!

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)