ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Thanks Mr. Jimmy !!
After August 1st rehearsals
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with a lot of thank yous!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you think this will be the last Stones tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 25th, 2005 11:53 PM
Rolling Beatle I was just wondering what everybody here thinks--I sure hope not.
July 25th, 2005 11:59 PM
pdog Until death do us part!
July 26th, 2005 12:00 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy This's a loaded question. It's been asked every time they go on tour.

That being said, I think this'll be their last large-scale tour. You might see them doing one-off shows, but I think as a band the Stones will be facing de facto extinction after this, unless this new album of theirs garners the kind of critical praise Dylan's comeback albums recieved. Otherwise, I think the Stones will not really call it quits, just sort of... fade away, playing benefits and big charity shows, charging thousands per seat... they'll keep going until one of them drops dead (Unless it's poor Ronnie, then they'll get Clapton... or, in a moment of sweet revenge, Jeff Beck, to stand in), but this's the last time you'll see them chug around the world.

So go see them!
July 26th, 2005 12:10 AM
Daethgod lets hope they get their skinny white arses back to Australia !!!!!!

cmon guys

July 26th, 2005 12:36 AM
GimmeExile No. You may not see a massive worldwide tour like this one, but I'm sure there will be a series of shows at arenas and theatres in select cities in the future.

I look to Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, B.B. King and Buddy Guy as beacons of hope for future Stones tours.
July 26th, 2005 03:37 AM
Poplar
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I look to Willie Nelson, Merle Haggard, B.B. King and Buddy Guy as beacons of hope for future Stones tours.

yeah, why not. strip the setlists down to the mellow stuff.
July 26th, 2005 04:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
I was just wondering what everybody here thinks--I sure hope not.

yes, I think so.

last new studio album, anyway
July 26th, 2005 05:01 AM
Madafaka This one is the last one. And the next two too.
July 26th, 2005 06:11 AM
FotiniD Yeah I think we should drop the "last tour" thing already. We've dicussed it to death and those guys can still prove us wrong and come back in another three years' time and have a new Streets of Love with them we all can fight over

So I wouldn't worry that much.
July 26th, 2005 08:05 AM
Daethgod i reckon as the band gets older they will play and sound better

once they get older and have to actually just sit and play and sing, man it would rock.

No more mugging or strutting, just make it all about the sounds ...
ahhhh i wish ...

July 26th, 2005 09:14 AM
Gimme Shelter No way
July 26th, 2005 09:24 AM
Jumping Jack Last big tour. If they are all still alive in three years you may get a few special shows like Cream for $2500 a seat.
July 26th, 2005 09:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man At they're ages, yes. However, they've been defying the odds for a couple of decades now! The good times have to end sometime though. As usual, I think Savage pretty much nails it on the head. The Stones won't just retire; they'll just slowly fade away, which is actually what they do after every tour. This time though, I don't think they'll return.
July 26th, 2005 11:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels My guess....one more big one, world tour 2008-2009 or 09-10

July 26th, 2005 11:12 AM
Martha This is it. If you want to see any rock and roll (the real deal) go NOW. It's all gonna come to an end. Sooner than later.
July 26th, 2005 11:35 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
This is it. If you want to see any rock and roll (the real deal) go NOW. It's all gonna come to an end. Sooner than later.

I hate to agree with such a glum prediction...but I think you're right.

This is IT.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
July 26th, 2005 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I hate to agree with such a glum prediction...but I think you're right.

Say it ain't so.
July 26th, 2005 11:41 AM
Joey
quote:
Rolling Beatle wrote:
I was just wondering what everybody here thinks--I sure hope not.

Detroit ( 1/4 sold ) should finish them off ..............

J. Fly ! ™
July 26th, 2005 11:50 AM
jb We can only pray!!!
July 26th, 2005 12:39 PM
ResidentMule no. its been obvious int he past few years they've been running out of juice for making records than they have touring. I doubt the last tour will be accompanied by a new studio album. it'll probably be another Licks
July 26th, 2005 01:48 PM
Navin If I manage to catch some of the shows on this tour, and then get run over by a bus or die somehow, then its the last Stones tour - for me.
July 26th, 2005 01:52 PM
Angiegirl I hope so. But maybe not, you never know, I've been thinking 'last tour' since Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle, my first tour to attend.
July 26th, 2005 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I hope so. But maybe not, you never know, I've been thinking 'last tour' since Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle, my first tour to attend.

Hello Angiegirl ...

July 26th, 2005 02:13 PM
Angiegirl Howdy "D.J. Jazzy Joe and the Fresh Prince of Boca Raton !™
The Joey ! .. " Too Weird to Live -- Too Rare to Die . " ™"
July 26th, 2005 02:18 PM
KeepRigid I can't imagine I will still be around much longer.

But then, after Voodoo Lounge I was convinced I'd be dead within a year, so who knows?
July 26th, 2005 02:19 PM
jb
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I can't imagine I will still be around much longer.

But then, after Voodoo Lounge I was convinced I'd be dead within a year, so who knows?

Me too...............I am suffering from many ailments...
July 26th, 2005 02:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl A premonition from Voodoo using the Voodoo Lounge Crystal Ball. I can see Keith clearly saying this

"Let's do some touring after we die"

Some Stones will drop dead on stage but Mick and Keith will do some touring after they die.

That will be the best tour ever!!!

July 26th, 2005 02:20 PM
Joey
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I can't imagine I will still be around much longer.

The Durham , North Carolina show will finish them off ( 1/8 sold )

Cohl's decison to keep feeding the band stadium shows reminds me of some of the decisions made in the Vietnam War ( see : LBJ , circa 1965 - 1968 ) .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

July 26th, 2005 02:21 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Me too...............I am suffering from many ailments...

I continue to suffer from flank pain, chronic IBS, benign fasciculation, and other stress related conditions. This includes rectal irritation, burning sensations upon urination, swollen glands, loose skin, and a very painful bile duct. Lately, this stress has caused scalp twitching, which I fear is a symptom of a major, terminal ailment.

Tee Hee
July 26th, 2005 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The Durham , North Carolina show will finish them off ( 1/8 sold )

Cohl's decison to keep feeding the band stadium shows reminds me of some of the decisions made in the Vietnam War ( see : LBJ , circa 1965 - 1968 ) .

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

Exactlyu Joey-1/8th sold .....this is worse than Bush's selection of Federalist John Roberts for the Supreme Court!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)