ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

ArenA, Amsterdam 31st July
© Rick Nederstigt with thanks to Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones Live by phone!! (from Paris to Horsens) THE WHOLE EUROPEAN LEG Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th July 2006 10:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rolling Stones European Tour Kicks Off 'Listen Live Now!'
Thursday July 27, 3:17 pm ET
New Technology Allows Fans to Listen to Their Favorite Acts Live in Concert Via Phone

LOS ANGELES, July 27 /PRNewswire/ -- The Rolling Stones are giving fans around the globe exclusive access to their remaining European concerts by being the first act or artist to utilize a new technology called Listen Live Now!. With the desire to give all their fans an opportunity to experience each show, the band's 'A Bigger Bang' tour will become the first live concerts to be fee-cast over any and all telephone lines. Listen Live Now! is a Los Angeles-based company formed to expand the experience of live performance beyond the immediate venue, offering a when-you-absolutely-have-to-be-there opportunity for fans craving participation in the live events of their favorite acts.

ADVERTISEMENT
The live fee-cast will begin Friday, July 28 at the Rolling Stones' Paris show and continue through the band's Sept. 3 concert in Horsens, Denmark. Fans can tune in from any phone (mobile or land line) and listen live for a fee of $1.99 USD per seven-minute feed direct from the soundboard. Under existing proprietary technology, up to one million fans will be able to listen in on selected concerts.

As Listen Live Now! events are scheduled, customers accessing the service's website will be provided with options of artists, venues and times to which they may dial a number initiating a seven minute feed of an event of choice. Opportunity to access concerts and instructions as to how to access specific concerts can be obtained on the internet at www.listenlivenow.com. Fans can experience a free demo of the revolutionary new music experience by dialing (800) 741-3693. Cingular cell phone users are able to dial #106 to access Listen Live Now! options. Fans can also purchase access to concerts by calling in the U.S. 1-877-784-2777, outside the U.S. 1-760-438-0100, from 8AM to 5PM daily PDT.

Listen Live Now! currently has over 30 venues under contract and is in negotiation with other venues and major artists throughout the world. By visiting the website (WWW.LISTENLIVENOW.COM) fans can indicate which acts they wish to hear on Listen Live Now! and to designate desired concerts as well.

(A list of these Listen Live Now! inaugural concerts is attached to this release.)

Listen Live Now! is please to broadcast select Rolling Stones dates!
Below find the entire Stones European itinerary. We will be announcing our
broadcast schedule soon!
27th July 2006 10:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the list of shows you can listen LIVE

http://www.listenlivenow.com/stones.htm
27th July 2006 10:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL the setlists are there for each venue

Setlist:
JJ Flash
It's Only Rock And Roll
Oh No Not You Again
Let's Spend The Night Together
She's So Cold
As Tears Go By
Streets Of Love
Tumblin' Dice
Night Time Is The Right Time
Before They Make Me Run
Slipping Away
Miss You
Rough Justice
Get Off My Cloud
Honky Tonk Woman
Sympathy
Start Me Up
Brown Sugar
Can't Always Get What You Want
Satisfaction
Note: Setlist is subject to change

27th July 2006 10:39 PM
Fiji Joe Why would they not just set up a web cast?...or does that exist and I don't know about it
27th July 2006 10:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Remember... see the drums

27th July 2006 10:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The sense of innovation and high tech by the stones has been present in all the tours... first band with heavy lights and lasers, wireless mikes and axes, first with mobile stages, center stage, the first LIVE webcast in 1994, the ciberchoice in 1997, the Stadiums-arenas-theatres in 2002, etc

So now this is it.. first live shows by phone

27th July 2006 10:46 PM
glencar Howe much do these shows cost? I'm a poor man...
27th July 2006 10:49 PM
Dan
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
The sense of innovation and high tech by the stones has been present in all the tours... first band with heavy lights and lasers, wireless mikes and axes, first with mobile stages, center stage, the first LIVE webcast in 1994, the ciberchoice in 1997, the Stadiums-arenas-theatres in 2002, etc

So now this is it.. first live shows by phone

I am sure they got the idea from the live setlist call ins and maybe even the Undercover cell phone calling list.
27th July 2006 11:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe much do these shows cost? I'm a poor man...

USD $0.28/min
27th July 2006 11:02 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am sure they got the idea from the live setlist call ins

I don't think so they got the idea from $$$ fatal attraction
27th July 2006 11:27 PM
Tom I'm gonna try 7 minutes tomorrow
28th July 2006 12:43 AM
pdog Can't wait to hear the torrent of a phone call!
This is great from a tech point, just sell the Cd's of the show, complete and uncut... They could get at least $50.00 a pop and would sell millions!
28th July 2006 12:52 AM
corgi37 When did the Stones ever use lasers?

And wasnt Hampton Roads 81 the 1st pay per view show?
28th July 2006 12:53 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
And wasnt Hampton Roads 81 the 1st pay per view show?

That was a Live TV broadcast, the one in 1994 was the very first LIVE webcast... I mean by INTERNET
28th July 2006 01:13 AM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:
Can't wait to hear the torrent of a phone call!
This is great from a tech point, just sell the Cd's of the show, complete and uncut... They could get at least $50.00 a pop and would sell millions!

With the way the phone calls are set up it sounds hard to capture an uninterrupted feed. And selling a hit every 7 minutes, its almost like crack guaranteeing more cash for another 7 minutes. Until they play "Streets Of Love."
28th July 2006 01:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Finally the news come from the official website, more than three hours late
28th July 2006 05:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Howe much do these shows cost? I'm a poor man...

I thought I read yesterday you were retiring at 49!
28th July 2006 05:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:

I am sure they got the idea from the live setlist call ins

I knew I should have put a patent on that idea!

Pah! Foiled again by those pesky,meddling Stones
28th July 2006 06:08 AM
Gazza excerpt from www.bbc.co.uk

Fans can pay to hear the Rolling Stones' Paris gig on the phone.

The live service will be offered in seven-minute chunks for $1.99 (£1.07), so callers must register several times in order to listen to the whole concert.

The service offered by the Stones enables anyone in the world to dial a telephone number while the band are on stage in the French capital.

They can listen for seven minutes at a time, with an announcement after six minutes that their session is almost over.

Stones manager Marty Erlichman said this would help to avoid bootlegging.

"It's a great thing for the artists," he told the Reuters news agency.

"It's passive income, and they're helping fans enjoy the experience without affecting ticket sales."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5223402.stm

Christ - Ive heard it all now. Listening to a show down a phone line will 'help to avoid bootlegging'. What colour is the sky in this guy's world? Like, youre going to get the show in pristine quality and youre then going to save the messages and then pay to access your voicemail to hear it over and over again

But hey, its going to give The Who's "Encore Series" a run for its money in the anti-bootlegging stakes, I bet!

[Edited by Gazza]
28th July 2006 07:04 AM
ketvos
quote:
pdog wrote:
Can't wait to hear the torrent of a phone call!

http://www.instantlive.com/

I got screwed by them. I preordered the cd's online. Went to the show. waited almost 2 months for the cds.

Now everyone else who just bought the cds at the shows,

1. didn't pay shipping

2. didn't have to wait 2 months

3. apparently got a bonus cd

What a wonderful world.
28th July 2006 08:44 AM
UGot2Rollme is anyone really that excited about this, given poor sound quality on phones? Why don't they offer downloads/streaming, etc? Doesn't make alot of sense to me.
28th July 2006 11:23 AM
Dan
quote:
ketvos wrote:

http://www.instantlive.com/

I got screwed by them. I preordered the cd's online. Went to the show. waited almost 2 months for the cds.

Now everyone else who just bought the cds at the shows,

1. didn't pay shipping

2. didn't have to wait 2 months

3. apparently got a bonus cd

What a wonderful world.

The only 2 times I ever did this, first one was KISS, I didnt even go to the show but gave a friend money to pick me up the discs. 2nd time was through a different company for the Pixies at the Wiltern, had to wait 2 months but they were mixed post gig and pressed on silvers. Well worth the wait.
28th July 2006 11:35 AM
polytoxic In this age of torrent sites that have up-to-the minute actual cd recordings of shows, why the fuck would somone pay to sit around like an idiot listening a concert on a cellphone??????
28th July 2006 11:44 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Note: Setlist is subject to change

funny!

is there a way to only listen to 2 or 3 songs? What if I just want to tune in in case they play ADTL? But just that song. I have no interest in holding a phone to my ear during Miss You, HTW SMU etc
28th July 2006 11:50 AM
jb The songs sound so bad...why would anyone pay for this???
28th July 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza Never underestimate the utter stupidity of some people
28th July 2006 12:01 PM
jb I can't even listen to sound board recording post 81....they sound like they are playing in slow motion...truly embarrassing.
I hate dave Navarro.
28th July 2006 12:27 PM
Joey " I can't even listen to sound board recording post 81...."

I absolutely LOVE listening to boots from the 1981 Tour .

Whenever I hear anything from Hampton '81 I get that " The Party Has Just Started " feeling . Indeed , I's hear barkers and see colored balloons falling down all around me .

Flacky Cakes !
28th July 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway Joey you have such a great way with words! You are a true orginal!

a raise my glass to you
28th July 2006 12:56 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I can't even listen to sound board recording post 81....they sound like they are playing in slow motion...truly embarrassing.

Howe can you even stand to attend the shows?

quote:

I hate dave Navarro.

What did he ever do to you?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)