ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Hotel Plaza - Paris October 1977 - Some Girls Sessions Round I
Pathé Marconi Studios Boulogne Billancourt
Annie Leibovitz
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My Stonesicated kinfolk... Return to archive Page: 1 2
07-24-02 01:01 PM
Maxlugar ...I am getting healthier by the minute!

Last night, I worked out to the wonderful album Love You Live. The night before it was Handsome Girls. Let me tell you people, the Stones can be a force of good as well as evil. I like them for both. Right now they are saving my life.

As the pounds melt away I feel more alert and alive. My love for the Rolling Stones is more acute. With the rehersals going on and me getting into pristine rock and roll shape, things are really looking up! I should be the happiest man in the world right now, right?

Well I not so sure....

I am troubled by something that has happened recently...

The night before last, I had a great workout and was really pumped and sweaty. So I decided to go for a nice long ride down the beautiful country roads near my North Shore Long Island Estate (Casa De Maxy).

So I toweled off and went to the garage

Folks, when I flipped the light switch, my new in shape heart nearly stopped!

It was gone! It was simply gone!

Someone hid my motor scooter.

What does this mean?

Developing.........

Maxy!
07-24-02 01:17 PM
nankerphelge FACT: Scooter theft is the fastest rising crime in the United States in the first half of 2002.

FACT: Most violent crime in the U.S. can be traced to first-time scooter theft offenses.

FACT: Scooter theives have an 85% recidivism rate.

FACT: David ("Son of Sam") Berkowitz, Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson all started out stealing scooters.

Be careful Max, this isn't some fluke...
07-24-02 01:22 PM
Maxlugar Wait nanky!

Are you saying it was STOLEN?

I was thinking someone simply HID it!

Oh sweet baby jesus! This is getting worse!

Developing........
07-24-02 01:51 PM
nankerphelge Hard to say. Could be hidden, could have been stolen. Huge aftermarket for stolen scooter parts. You can bet yer ass that if it was stolen it was quickly stowed in a "chop shop" and its parts distributed throughout the U.S. by now.

These scooter theives know no decency -- no bounds -- it's the wild west to them. Oh what troubled times we live in when a man's scooter can be stolen from his own garage.
07-24-02 02:01 PM
sirmoonie I think it means we are up to 3/10ths, unless the big M can come up with a damn good reason why he owns a scooter. Yikes! Just when the Howe scandal looked like it may "blow" over, we get this bomb.

"Can't take you out in public, Ronnie!"
07-24-02 02:01 PM
scope Surburban crime at it's worst. How could anyone steal another man's scooter. What is this world coming to? Perhaps you just misplaced it Maxy.
I did hear something about Scooter at a Yankee game last week. I wonder if there's a connection?
07-24-02 02:03 PM
jb Max, I did not know you had a weight problem. I also gained a tremendous amount of weight this year right after i turned 39. I went from a low of 195 to a high of 250! I am 6'2 so I carry the weight well, but I found myself weezing, breathing extremely heavy, and my custom made suits , trousers, and shirts no longer fit. I decided to go on a popular diet here in So. Florida called the "Atkins" diet. I eat all the red meat I want , as well as eggs, bacon, etc...I am not permitted to eat carbohydrates. In 2 months I have lost 31bs and the pounds keep shedding off. The major drawback is no cakes, icecream, chips, and I have to take a fiber supplement to keep regular as you also may not have a lot of Ruffage. Good luck with your diet.
07-24-02 02:20 PM
winter Hey jb:

I'm no doctor, but that diet can't be good for the old ticker. Doesn't it trick your body into thinking its in "survival mode" so it burns your body fat instead of the calories in your stomache. Plus you end up consuming massive amounts of fats, etc. I know it works, because some of my friends have done it. But I'd be careful if you're sticking with it for an extended period of time.

Winter
07-24-02 02:25 PM
Joey 'I think it means we are up to 3/10ths, unless the big M can come up with a damn good reason why he owns a scooter. Yikes! '

Man you said it ...............first Steelie and now this " Scooter " business ....Wait .....doesn't Kevin Spacey own a scooter ???????? David Geffen ????? Oh my God !!!!!

We got one !!!!!!!

" Double Yikes !!!! " I say , these things just seem to pop out of nowhere and you know how everything comes in threes ....I just have to ask now , " Who's Next ???? "

P.S. Moonie , On I-80 last night , on the way to Lincoln , NE , I saw two individuals selling " used " scooter parts under a little stand with a nice white tent on top just off the shoulder near the Greenwood exchange -- Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Developing...........

" Help Me Ronnie "

Joe Fly

07-24-02 02:27 PM
Maxlugar Don't worry everyone!

My wife called to say she found The Scooter.

Someone hid it under some bear skins I've been tanning in the back yard. I bagged 11 bears in last years "5th Annual Lugar Family Adirondack Survival Hunt"

Yup. Serious shit! 14 days in the mountains with just a bow and arrow and some flint.

Anyway, The Scooter is back but now I'm wondering why someone is doing this?

WHO'S FUCKING WITH ME!!!

Maxy!
07-24-02 02:31 PM
Joey "WHO'S FUCKING WITH ME!!! "

Why , it is none other than Cold Steel Driving Hammey Wammey Bar !!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago to L.I. ain't far my Brother .

Joeykins

07-24-02 04:59 PM
luxury1 Why does it always revolve back to the gay thing with you C10ers?
07-24-02 05:48 PM
nankerphelge Tell me about it. I spend my entire life working hard to build a reputation as a testosterone-spewing male, and in the blink of an eye, my reputation and orientation are suddenly called into question by my own pals. It hurts me so, words cannot describe it.

I know.
I will prove my manhood and orientation.
I will find some American-flag wearing, Patti Hansen-looking chick at some show and chase her ass down like a devil in heat! Then, if someone could post bail, I'd sure appreciate it!

07-24-02 06:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nanky...

Here's how I'm going to prove that I'm on the "straight" and narrow path....and it won't involve me having to go to jail, or chasing some strange around a parking lot.

No indeed....not my style. I don't, and never really HAD to, chase the poonie. I always let them come to me...like moths to the flame.

What I will be doing is actually bring, for display, and testimony, my wife, and my offspring, to the Giant's Stadium show. Go ahead and look. Ask my wife how she likes Ol' SS in the sack...and you can physically SEE the results of this by looking at my boy (you can tell right away that he's my lid...lucky for him!).

So, this should put any rumors about SS and his sexual proclivities.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....
07-24-02 06:44 PM
gypsy I'm not buying what you're selling, cardy. The wife is just a beard...
07-24-02 06:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ummmm.....no she's a woman. I know the difference, I'm an EMT.

07-24-02 07:23 PM
luxury1 Dearest Stonesalot,
My good friend, who is a gay male, gets very frustrated as he tells me that 75% of the guys in the gay bars are married with kids. Sigh, it's so hard to find a decent guy who is openly living the gay lifestyle. My friend is getting very tired of rendezvousing in the secret bachelor pads--do you have one?
07-24-02 07:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, whatever.

I don't know any gays who are married with kids. The gays that I know are not married, and have no kids...unless you count cats and dogs as children...

Luxy, you and gypsy can think whatever you want. I really don't care. I know who I am, and what I like. My wife knows what I like too. That's all that really matters to me.
07-24-02 08:29 PM
gypsy Hmmm...thou protesteth too mucheth, SS...
07-24-02 08:39 PM
Joey 'Luxy, you and gypsy can think whatever you want. I really don't care. I know who I am, and what I like. My wife knows what I like too. That's all that really matters to me.'

Damn Straight My Stoney .............

Anyone can have an opinion
Anyone can join in and jump.
Anyone can play or just stay away
Anyone can thrash and bump .

Typewriter bangers on , they are all just hangers on
Everyone's human except Luxy and Gypsy .
Late copy churners , rock and roll burners
Their hearts are all melting in pools ......of gin !!!!

But I know for sure if we all could meet up eye to eye......a little wine would bring us closer .....you and I ...........................
For your right hypocrisy , will be the death of Joey ....and there's an I before E when spelling ecstasy ........and you.........you too !!!!!!!!!

Did you read the stuff that Krishna said ?
Or know for you that Jesus' blood was shed .
NoOne gives a shit John Entwistle is dead
Is that exactly what I thought I read ......?

Hershey Park , Yeah.......Hershey Park , Yeah ......Hershey Park , Yeah ..........OK !

" Jools and Jim Me Ronnie "

Joey von Empty Glass

07-24-02 08:53 PM
gypsy *blank stare*
07-24-02 09:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot *blank stare* all you want.....I know what he was sayin'.

And just exactly how do you get a protest out of what I posted so far? All I said is that I don't give a shit what you think.

But think about this...when you sent me that picture of your titties....do you remember my reaction? If'n I was gay, do you think I would have reacted the way I did? Hmmmm?

Draw your own conclusions...I seriously don't care what you think. If it suits your purposes for me to be gay...then hey, knock yourself out. But I'm still gonna jump on the wife tonight regardless.

07-24-02 09:17 PM
Martha Gee I just returned from my work out...where I can't listen to music because I swim laps at the local YMCA....but I do blast my cd player on the way there and back...The Who has been my musical choice recently in light of sad events...

I remember SirStonesalot being quite astute at keeping all of us on our toes regarding making typos...so I must ask this...is this a typo or a Freudian slip of some kind:

(you can tell right away that he's my lid...lucky for him!).

If it is Freudian please someone tell me the meaning of lid...as opposed to kid.

Thanks...and for the ham hock diet....it'll take the ticker on down (IMO).... eventually, maybe that's when the real weight loss happens...hummm.
07-24-02 09:37 PM
BILL PERKS THIS BOARD SHOULD BE RENAMED THE FUDGEPACKERS AND KNOBGOBBLERS MESSAGE BOARD.I DONT FUCKING CARE IF YOU ARE ALL POOFS.YOU JUST SOUND PRETTY FUCKING DAFT GOING ON ABOUT IT.BY THE BY,I THINK MISS U MAY HAVE HIDDEN THE SCOOTER TO SHOW US THE PAIN AND ANGUISH BRIAN FELT.
07-24-02 09:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, it was a typo.

And I never said anything about typos...go back and read what I said.

I said that there is no excuse for poor spelling, or bad grammar.

Anyone can make a fuckin' typo.

But the fella I was talking to at the time, wasn't making typos...he was using the wrong words for his context. Their for there, hear for here...that kind of thing. And you have to admit, there's no excuse for that sort of thing....even from a young kid. They teach this stuff pretty early on. It's just laziness, or stupidity...things I don't tolerate very well.
07-24-02 09:47 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
THIS BOARD SHOULD BE RENAMED THE FUDGEPACKERS AND KNOBGOBBLERS MESSAGE BOARD.I DONT FUCKING CARE IF YOU ARE ALL POOFS.YOU JUST SOUND PRETTY FUCKING DAFT GOING ON ABOUT IT.BY THE BY,I THINK MISS U MAY HAVE HIDDEN THE SCOOTER TO SHOW US THE PAIN AND ANGUISH BRIAN FELT.

She hid the lid in SS's gold lamé undies. And we thought he was just happy to see us!

Damn this is all so interesting...

Developing!
07-24-02 09:56 PM
Scot Rocks Fucks sake, the only reason for this liberace, elton john, george michael dialogue is that it is SLOWLY nearing the tour and everyone is just getting a bit weird with the expectation and longing for that opening song, not exactly a great diagnosis but thats all i can hope it is...

still a year to wait for me!!!!!!!

Mark
07-25-02 02:38 AM
Martha Yeah, it was a typo.

And I never said anything about typos...go back and read what I said.

I said that there is no excuse for poor spelling, or bad grammar.

Anyone can make a fuckin' typo.

Ahhhhh..I was hopin' it was the Freudian slip thing and was waiting for the in-depth explanation.

Bad grammar not typos...I remember.

Are you grumpy tonight SS?
07-25-02 06:15 AM
stonedinaustralia actually ss you could have almost got away with it and said it as rhyming slang - i would have believed you ... in australia , and perhaps the uk - i don't know - but that's where we got the habit from (road = frog and toad), "kids" are sometimes referred to as "tin lids"... i have to admit i actually thought you may have typed "lid" with intention and that you used the term over there -weird huh?
07-25-02 07:09 AM
beer ahhh, it was many years ago. Well, ok, the mid 90's. I skipped school to go to a friends house and we sat around gettin stoned and drinking rum all day.There just so happened to be a scooter there that belonged to the lady who owned the house. After a couple hours of getting ripped, somebody decided to take the scooter for a joy ride and never came back. I will never forget the words that the proud scooter owner proclaimed when she came home and discovered her scooter was missing in action: "I came home from work today and lo and behold my scooter was gone!"
a look of horror etched onto her face. the scooter was never seen again my friends.
This story is completely true and should be taken to heart. Because there is a moral to this story.
"Scooters are like fat girls. They're fun to ride until you're friends catch you on one".
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road