ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Creator of the Philly Cheesesteak Dies Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st July 2006 02:44 PM
monkey_man
Harry Olivieri, who with his brother Pat was credited with inventing the Philly cheesesteak in 1933, had died. He was 90.

Despite a heart condition, Olivieri had showed up at Pat's King of Steaks almost every day until about three years ago. He died of heart failure Thursday at Atlantic City Medical Center in Pomona, N.J., his daughter Maria said.

Harry and his older brother opened a corner hot dog stand near south Philadelphia's Italian Market in 1930.

Three years later, they made the first version of the sandwich that helped put the city on the street food map. Tired of hot dogs, Pat suggested that Harry go to a store and buy some beef. Harry brought it back, sliced it up and grilled it with some onions.

The brothers piled the meat on rolls and were about to dig in when a cab driver arrived for lunch, smelled the meat and onions and demanded one of the sandwiches.

Harry sold the cabbie his own sandwich in a transaction the brothers counted as the birth of Pat's King of Steaks.

Cheese Wiz was added to the steak and onions starting in the 1960s, and provolone, American cheese and pizza sauce later became options in the concoction along with various condiments and side dishes.

Pat Olivieri died in 1970. Harry's son, Frank, now runs the restaurant.

21st July 2006 02:47 PM
pdog a truly great man who fed me for most of my life... I still always get some cheesesteaks and subs when I'm back home!
21st July 2006 02:48 PM
monkey_man The Bitchin'Camaro's on South Street will drive to Pat's in formation in his honor.
21st July 2006 02:49 PM
sirmoonie Barely hearing about this in the liberal medai.
21st July 2006 02:49 PM
pdog a moment of silence followed by Eye Of The Tiger.
21st July 2006 02:50 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
a truly great man who fed me for most of my life... I still always get some cheesesteaks and subs when I'm back home!

It goes to show the health risks of cheesewiz are overrated!
21st July 2006 02:51 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
a moment of silence followed by Eye Of The Tiger.

and a run up the steps of the museum
21st July 2006 02:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Never eat that shit.
21st July 2006 02:55 PM
pdog
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Never eat that shit.

That's good, b/c eating shit is gross. Cheesesteaks are a bit of heaven!
21st July 2006 03:02 PM
monkey_man PDog
Do you ever get a cheesesteak at the shop on Divisadero? Best in this city.
21st July 2006 03:07 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
PDog
Do you ever get a cheesesteak at the shop on Divisadero? Best in this city.

Isn't it around Bush or Suutter? I haven't but I'm told all the time I should... I may go tonight! It may be one of my last meals here before I go to Israel to help my people defend against evil and inhalation.
21st July 2006 03:09 PM
not bound to please
quote:

You know - I never liked that chick - but now I do. Did you see her on DOOL?
21st July 2006 03:10 PM
pdog If I was starving I'd eat my dog, if I was cold I'd wear my dog. It's what he would've wanted!
21st July 2006 03:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

You know - I never liked that chick - but now I do. Did you see her on DOOL?

No.
21st July 2006 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
If I was starving I'd eat my dog, if I was cold I'd wear my dog. It's what he would've wanted!

If. I wouldn't. I'd die before I ate dog.
21st July 2006 03:12 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

Isn't it around Bush or Suutter? I haven't but I'm told all the time I should... I may go tonight! It may be one of my last meals here before I go to Israel to help my people defend against evil and inhalation.

Yeah they import the rolls direct from Philly. They also have pics of many of the best cheesesteak shops in and around Philly (including a few that don't exist anymore). It excellent nourishment to power yourself to battle!
21st July 2006 03:14 PM
pdog You guys know PETA will not allow liberal in Austin Tx to swing dead cats around to prove that you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a liberal in Austin TX... What kinda bullshit is that? I ask you, that is some seriously fucked up shit. Like a dead cat has feelings now!
Fucking PETA, they can go to far sometimes... what next I can't kill mice in my home!!!
21st July 2006 03:14 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:
If I was starving I'd eat my dog, if I was cold I'd wear my dog. It's what he would've wanted!

If he was starving and cold - would he eat you?
21st July 2006 03:16 PM
pdog
quote:

If he was starving and cold - would he eat you?

How would I know, dogs don't talk... DUH!
21st July 2006 03:16 PM
not bound to please
quote:

No.

She was creepy and can't act. Being next to soap people - that's saying a lot.
21st July 2006 03:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

How would I know, dogs don't talk... DUH!

roll around in meat and lay on your kitchen floor...
21st July 2006 03:18 PM
TampabayStone
quote:

If. I wouldn't. I'd die before I ate dog.

Really. I love my dog, but I would eat him if push came to shove. Plus, I feed him the good stuff, so I expect that the meat would be very tender.
21st July 2006 03:21 PM
TampabayStone I ate horse steak in Italy. I guess horses don't have the personality of dogs though. Horse was not bad.
21st July 2006 03:24 PM
pdog
quote:

roll around in meat and lay on your kitchen floor...

I'm saving that for our alone time baby doll!
21st July 2006 03:28 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'm saving that for our alone time baby doll!

I'd prefer basil...
21st July 2006 03:31 PM
pdog
quote:

I'd prefer basil...

Me too...

Fuckabilty in a can...
21st July 2006 03:31 PM
Some Guy damn I'd love a cheese steak. Just not on the diet, I'm working out I'm huge.
21st July 2006 03:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
damn I'd love a cheese steak. Just not on the diet, I'm working out I'm huge.

I got a phone call from someone last night who said the same thing, and wanted me to masturbate!
21st July 2006 03:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:

I got a phone call from someone last night who said the same thing, and wanted me to masturbate!

disturbing.
21st July 2006 03:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

disturbing.

Not really, I get calls from catholic priests all the time
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)