ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympia Stadion, Munich 16th July 2006 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
16th July 2006 08:37 PM
TomL All Down The Line, I am sure the highlight of the show.
16th July 2006 09:04 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
All Down The Line, I am sure the highlight of the show.

I sense frustration, dear friend

Thanks Gazza, TeleK, Lorenz, and Jeep!!
16th July 2006 09:05 PM
TomL You been talking to that fucker from Buffalo.
16th July 2006 09:15 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
TomL wrote:
You been talking to that fucker from Buffalo.

Counting on you to get Voodoo up here and plan a RO get together this fall, when he is here. Just try to keep your interest alive.
16th July 2006 09:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl We promise not to sing "some girls" again... during the first hours of the party
16th July 2006 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When posting pictures from yahoo, remember that they have a URL that makes them look smaller, this is an example

This is the URL: http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060716/i/r2949281902.jpg

This is the URL: http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20060716/i/r2949281902.jpg?x=313&y=345&sig=LB.Grl9h.eCnLUCo6UuvBA--

Check that there's a code "x=313&y=345&sig=LB.Grl9h.eCnLUCo6UuvBA--" that can be removed and the picture will look bigger and in the same resolution
17th July 2006 04:20 AM
Jeep Video from yesterday show in Munich with some footage and interviews on ZDF website :

http://www.heute.de/ZDFmediathek/inhalt/23/0,4070,3957559-5,00.html
17th July 2006 08:00 AM
corgi37 Looks good from all points. Why was the show started in daylight though? Is that a Euro thing? We never have big shows start in daylight here, even in height of summer & with daylight saving.
17th July 2006 08:34 AM
Gazza In many parts of Europe, at this time of year it doesnt get dark until maybe after 10 pm (in northern Europe anyway - even later in Scandinavia I would think)

17th July 2006 08:56 AM
telek first pictures...sorry wiggly,but i had to take the pictures secretly.more are on my mobile..coming soon
you find them on iorr.org
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,478342
[Edited by telek]
17th July 2006 09:27 AM
jb Not sold out.....
17th July 2006 10:22 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Not sold out.....

the Stones "sold out" a long, long time ago....
17th July 2006 10:29 AM
jb Europe has yet to sell a show out..3/3 so far(close doesn't count).
17th July 2006 12:17 PM
roadster32 Munich - Our home game

After Milan we were wondering how things developped.

We arrived at the Olympic Stadium at about 3 p.m.. As the doors were still closed we made a little walk around just doing people watching. Many fans were already cueing at the entrance doors. Doors opened at about 4 p.m. so we went in. Knowing the place by heart we soon found a good place in Pitch A on Ronnies side, must have been around the tenth row. Then the usual game started...

waiting, waiting, waiting.........

It was pretty hot down there, no shade until round 6 p.m..

We met Too Tough and had a nice and long talk with him refreshing memories of times long gone by.

Then at 7 p.m. Starsailor started and people stood up. What to say? Well, a typical opening act but we had seen and heard many that were much worse.

They did their set unspectacularly.

As always we took part at the lottery for winning on stage seats but never seriously thought of being lucky. Since Fenway Park we thought of doing one of the shows on stage, but the excitement of seeing them face to face always won.

During our talk with Too Tough an sms arrived that we won two on stage seats. After seeing so many shows on this tour and some more to come our decision was made very quick. We had to say goodbye to Too Tough and headed to the meeting point of the winners (41 people).

After numerous instructions by the staff "we entered the stage" at about 8.45 p.m.. The first sign for the rest of the audience that the show would start in a few minutes.

Well, just a few words on the on stage seats. It is a great idea, the view is spectacular and the sound was suprisingly excellent. Seeing the people in the balconies in shows before we thought why aren't they moving, aren't they having fun, they are all so lame. Once being up there we knew why. On each balcony there are five or six security people never stopping to tell you don't do this and don't do that; sometimes not in a friendly way (as we were winners we didn't care much - but for the people who paid this could be another story). Don't lean over the balcony, but nevertheless you have to to see the boys on the stage. But anyways we more or less ignored them and had great fun up there.

So if you are going to attend multiple shows and you can afford it or be a lucky winner you should do it once. But paying for it 450 Euros is much overpriced for what you get.

One more thing. If you're up there on Ronnies side just right over the vocal section, esp. Lisa, you get to understand the lyrics of Oh No, Not you again "the moon is yellow, i'm like jello staring down your tits" in the true sense of the words. ;-))))))

Oh, the show....

from jjf to Satisfaction they played great. The sound from our point of view was excellent and this time the crowd in Munich was outstanding.

There were several inflatable palm trees in the audience and Keith was introduced by Mick as "Weltmeister im Palmenklettern" (World Champion of palm tree climbers).

All in all an excellent performance not to be compared with Milan a few days ago.

We're having a little break now and we'll be ready to rock again for five shows in the UK.

Birgit and Hermann
Munich
17th July 2006 12:48 PM
jb How many empties approx?
17th July 2006 12:51 PM
roadster32 who cares as long i'm there.
17th July 2006 12:52 PM
jb
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
who cares as long i'm there.

wide open....
17th July 2006 12:54 PM
roadster32 i just don't see the point in the original question.

but to please you 85-90% sold out.

17th July 2006 12:57 PM
jb
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
i just don't see the point in the original question.

but to please you 85-90% sold out.

Thanks..that's what I thought...thousands of empties....very sad. Glad you enjoyed....there was a time when a Stones concert was a event and tickets were scarce..sadly, those days ended long ago,,,,
[Edited by jb]
17th July 2006 01:57 PM
Gazza Actually theres quite a few shows sold out - including a few in Spain and Sweden that have been cancelled

but who gives a flying fuck if its sold out or not? how many 70,000 capacity stadiums in America did they play in?

Id far rather be in an 80% full stadium with people who not only have a pulse but like the band than a sell out show populated by thousands of pseudo-fans who go to the bog if Keith's onstage or if the band are playing anything thats not on 40 Licks.

If you have a problem with it, I suggest you direct your bile and bullshit at the Stones and that piece of garbage Cohl for turning the greatest rock n roll show on earth into an international corporate greedfest whuich freezes out a sizeable proportion of whats left of the bands REAL fans.. And to yourself for paying lip service to it, by buying seats beside the sort of people whose stench of ignorance have polluted Stones shows for too long.

[Edited by Gazza]
17th July 2006 02:00 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Actually theres quite a few shows sold out - including a few in Spain and Sweden that have been cancelled

but who gives a flying fuck if its sold out or not? how many 70,000 capacity stadiums in America did they play in?

Id far rather be in an 80% full stadium with people who not only have a pulse but like the band than a sell out show populated by thousands of pseudo-fans who go to the bog if Keith's onstage or if the band are playing anything thats not on 40 Licks.

If you have a problem with it, I suggest you direct your bile and bullshit at the Stones and that piece of garbage Cohl for turning the greatest rock n roll show on earth into an international corporate greedfest. And to yourself for paying lip service to it, by buying seats beside the sort of people whose stench of ignorance have polluted Stones shows for too long.

http://www.fundraisingplace.com/images/cinnamonpretzel.gif

So, are you saying that in a show in a stadium that can hold 60k, and we get only 48k, you can sit there and enjoy it?? I would literally be sick..Thankfully, the worst show I ev er attended was Miami with around 12k in a 20k seat venue..they closed upper curtains and made it a sell out at 12k!!!!!!!!!
Also )rlando 97, 30k in T-Bowl with 20k upper decks cosed off!!!! I was very unhappy despite great show...it was close to a sell-out with 35k being the # chosen..........also,please Gazza, embrace Mr. Cohl. as he has earnes them over 1 billion since 89!!! Give some credit..he doesn' write the shitty songs/alvbums!!!
[Edited by jb]
17th July 2006 02:22 PM
roadster32 100 % your opinion gazza.

i still don't know what you want to say jb or Mr. lawyer.

the quality of the performance is not depending on how many people are there. it's depeding first on the band and secondly om what kind of people are attending.

quality always comes before quantity.
17th July 2006 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
So, are you saying that in a show in a stadium that can hold 60k, and we get only 48k, you can sit there and enjoy it?? I would literally be sick..

'we' ? I'm not employed by Cohl or the Stones, so I personally couldnt give a fuck

I go for the music, not to count heads. If you're that obsessed with numbers, thats your problem. In the light of recent events and the numerous scams theyve pulled over the last few years, they should count themselves fortunate that they still HAVE an audience.

Goes without saying that if theyd priced the shows like youd expect from any other major act, theyd have filled every stadium on earth

But hey - lets concentrate on the important things that matter as far as the Stones are concerned, eh?

I'll bring a bucket for you if youre coming over! I'll even pay for it's seat!
[Edited by Gazza]
17th July 2006 02:28 PM
jb I understand and appreciate those of you who chose quality over quantity. However,being a fan for so long, it hurts to see them not filling upo venues all over Europe. This $$$ of course if paramount, but I alwasy took pride in knowing my band had the hottest tickets in town. Now, we are faced with Robbie Williams, U2, madonna, and others who are vastly more popular..it hurts me as a true fan. I understand the price frame is not fair, but we have arguably the worst fan base of any major act in the history of rock...an average Stones fan would just as much listen to LZ. PF, or even Beatles ..we have no loyalty, and hence, I don't blame the boys one bit for sticking it to us....and I just hope we go out woth one last victory, b/c to me, the pure/trfue fan, all that matters in the end is being #1 in gross.
17th July 2006 02:32 PM
roadster32 why does it hurt if it obviously don't hurt or bother them.

and don't mixe up loyalty with ignorance.
17th July 2006 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
roadster32 wrote:
why does it hurt if it obviously don't hurt or bother them.

and don't mixe up loyalty with ignorance.

http://members.tripod.com/~baywatchun/actors/hasselhoff_david.html

nuff said??????????
17th July 2006 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I understand the price frame is not fair, but we have arguably the worst fan base of any major act in the history of rock...an average Stones fan would just as much listen to LZ. PF, or even Beatles ..we have no loyalty,

ask yourself why. The Stones have sold about a quarter of a billion records, and the people who go to their concerts (in the US anyway) know hardly any of their material.

Could it be (just a hunch) that the Stones target a different concert audience than any other band, which isnt the same one as that which buys their records?

Join the dots and apportion blame accordingly!
17th July 2006 02:45 PM
jb I will access this at McMansion in approx 2 hrs EST.........
17th July 2006 03:39 PM
telek my review:
it was a incredible day.we arrived at 3oclock and nobody knew that we won or anything about the contest.we were guided from every ticket box to the vip entrance .this took all in all 4 hours . thanks to rs.com. getting angry ,we met a very nice road or stage manager,who gave a call and five minutes later we had our tickets. she said , she felt sorry for the mess up.then we enetered finally the onstage lounge ,where we got an free cocktail.there also was a barroom, where i ordered some weißbier.than around 7:30 we got our introduction to onstage.takin no cams...,no alcohol up onstage....furthermore they mentioned teh whole show was recorded by zdf and will be broadcasted next months. then we were splitted in our groups. i had upper right.then we walked to the stage. we went to the tunnel and saw the whole stadium with all these crazy fans.incredible view.then we were guided backstage to the stairs. i saw all the technic.when we arrived our box the view was incredible. never expected to see anything like this.the view was imo very good. we saw everybody on stage.sure the lower level might have been greater , but hey i won my ticket so i don´t complain.our hostess gave us the whole concert free drinks (water,juice).when the show began i trembled with excitement. never seen anything like this before.hu great. then during sympathy the stage manager gave us all setlists. never expected this.when the show was over ,we had to wait for an moment, before we were guided back to the onstage lounge,where we got some presents: tourbook,tshirt and a kind of backstage pass.
afetr this i was so done,today i began to realize what a great experience yesterday was.
to the show:
the sound in my box was terrific,high volume,great mix.
sure the setlist is rather common, but i was and i am glad to see the stones yesterday. imo they were on heat.a lot of people in fos and innenraum had inflatable palms with them :-) great view.i took some pictures ( yes i succeded in getting in my camera(in my pants,we werent scanned)), but i had to take care that the bored security dont see me and my cam. unfortunately most of the pics taken with my cam are a little wiggly.but i have some really good ones on my mobile phone. soon as i get my cable back, i will post the picks here.

ok my next and last show this year will be stuttgard. cu there in fos
have a nice day cu soon
17th July 2006 03:46 PM
jb How many thousands of empty seats????
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)