ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CNN...RIP To Marlon Brando. Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th July 2004 07:13 PM
JaggaRichards So sad to hear
5th July 2004 12:03 AM
BILL PERKS ARE YOU AN ASSASIN?THEY SHOULD HAVE ASKED MARLON RICHARDS FOR COMMENT,AFTER ALL HE WAS NAMED AFTER HIM.THINK HE DID ANITA?
5th July 2004 12:04 AM
BILL PERKS FAMOUS MARLON'S
MARLON RICHARDS
MARLON JACKSON
MARLON ANDERSON
MARLON WAYANS
5th July 2004 04:59 PM
Main Offender [quote]BILL PERKS wrote:
ARE YOU AN ASSASIN?

What are you saying here???? Dear Mr. Brando passed away of lung failure. I'm very confused by your post. Yes, I know Marlon Richards is named after the famed actor but I just don't understand that first point!!
[Edited by Main Offender]
5th July 2004 05:18 PM
glencar RIP Brando.
5th July 2004 06:59 PM
Gazza >What are you saying here???? Dear Mr. Brando passed away of lung failure. I'm very confused by your post. Yes, I know Marlon Richards is named after the famed actor but I just don't understand that first point!!

He's quoting a line by Col. Kurtz (Brando) to Martin Sheen (Willard) from "Apocalypse now"!!

Kurtz : "are you an assassin?"

Willard : "I'm a soldier"

Kurtz : "you're neither. You're an errand boy. Sent by grocery clerks. To collect the bill"

Glad to be of service
5th July 2004 08:29 PM
MarthaMyDear SMART ASS!!! :P

*** MANDY SMITH'S MOM ***
5th July 2004 11:32 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>What are you saying here???? Dear Mr. Brando passed away of lung failure. I'm very confused by your post. Yes, I know Marlon Richards is named after the famed actor but I just don't understand that first point!!

He's quoting a line by Col. Kurtz (Brando) to Martin Sheen (Willard) from "Apocalypse now"!!

Kurtz : "are you an assassin?"

Willard : "I'm a soldier"

Kurtz : "you're neither. You're an errand boy. Sent by grocery clerks. To collect the bill"

Glad to be of service

THANKS GAZZA-GLAD SOMEBODY GOT IT
6th July 2004 01:30 PM
jb Apparently died of liver cancer.....
6th July 2004 02:04 PM
Joey " *** MANDY SMITH'S MOM ***

I bet she is hot looking too .....................

[Edited by Joey]
7th July 2004 07:17 AM
Gazza Tackiness personified.

Like mother, like daughter
8th July 2004 07:24 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I'll admit that I never liked Brando that much. For some reason I never tuned in to him. I always thought that he was shallow and chose bad scripts. But I suppose that might have more to do with my own personal tastes than his acting. LOL. I kind of think that he was one of these guys that actually believed his own agents press releases.
8th July 2004 10:24 PM
glencar Yes, he mostly chose poor roles for the past 30 years but have you forgotten all the great flix he did? On The Waterfront, Apocalypse Now, The Wild One, and several others.
9th July 2004 04:51 AM
Gazza Indeed.

Dont forget too that for most of the last 30 years or so, Brando has effectively been in semi retirement for much of the time.

After Last Tango came out in 1972, he only did Missouri Breaks (76) plus short cameos in Superman, Apocalypse Now, The Formula (as well as that fantastic TV cameo as the American Nazi leader in "Roots The Next Generation") before quitting in 1980 for about 9 years. Most of the parts since then have been cameos too.
[Edited by Gazza]
9th July 2004 10:11 AM
Factory Girl Brando had a lead in "Don Juan De Marko" with Johnny Depp. I think those two really enjoyed working together.
9th July 2004 11:06 AM
glencar His last film was "The Score" & I believe he was scheduled to do another film shortly.
9th July 2004 11:06 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
glencar wrote:
His last film was "The Score" & I believe he was scheduled to do another film shortly.

I heard he was putting on weight for his next role.
9th July 2004 11:08 AM
glencar I forget what the role was but it was supposed to be one of those comic book movies, I think.
9th July 2004 11:10 AM
Bloozehound Naw, I heard he was set to play Michael Moore...

j/k
9th July 2004 11:11 AM
glencar He needed another dozen pounds or two!
9th July 2004 11:12 AM
Bloozehound LOL
10th July 2004 04:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, he mostly chose poor roles for the past 30 years but have you forgotten all the great flix he did? On The Waterfront, Apocalypse Now, The Wild One, and several others.

I much prefered The Deer Hunter to Apocalpse Now. It was years ago I know, but I still remember some of the Deer Hunter. The only thing I remember about Apocalypse Now is that it bored me.
10th July 2004 04:34 PM
Bloozehound Apocalypse Now bored you ?

Wow that's a choice flick, Deer Hunter's great too.

What Gazza points out is correct though, Brando basically retired in the early 70's after The Godfather.

All those later films are mainly cameos, I wouldn't really consider most of them "Brando films" at least not in the way you would consider The Wild One, On the Waterfront, Streetcar Named Desire ect.. "Brando films"

Brando did his deal during the 1950's & 60's

Ever seen One Eyed Jacks ? It a great, often underrated western. It was Brando's directorial debut, both Peckinpaw and Kubrick were attached, and fired, as directors on it. Brando wound up doing it himself, I suppose he got them to do the dirty work preping it for him, imagine that, Stanley Kubrick prepping your film for you and then firing him lol

10th July 2004 05:02 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
>Apocalypse Now bored you ?<

Well that's what I remember. LOL.

>Ever seen One Eyed Jacks ? It a great, often underrated western. It was Brando's directorial debut, both Peckinpaw and Kubrick were attached, and fired, as directors on it. Brando wound up doing it himself, I suppose he got them to do the dirty work preping it for him, imagine that, Stanley Kubrick prepping your film for you and then firing him lol<

Not that I can recall...possibly/probably? I watch a lot of westerns. Who was the "star"? I'll give it my utmost attention when it shows up on TV. I'm sure I've probably seen it but didn't know it was Brando's. I could do a google search I suppose and get the skinny it, but in this case I think that I'll wait and watch it (again?) first. That way it minimizes the preconcieved ideas.

10th July 2004 05:57 PM
Bloozehound Brando and Karl Malden star in it. Some of the "usual suspects" of movie westerns like Slim Picken & Ben Johnson pop up in bit parts.

One thing, Brando's an actor-actor not an action hero, so don't expect a balls-to-the-wall, action fest, type western.
It's more of a story western, kind of has a surreal quality to it like Once Upon a Time in the West.

Every now and then I see it running on one of those cable movie channels like AMC or TCM. Like I said it's kinda under the radar and no one makes a big deal of it when they run it, but it's worth watchin

10th July 2004 06:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels NOT an action hero? I suppose John Wayne was the first action hero. Or Roy ... but Roy didn't really give a fuck about scripts. He just wanted to be and play Roy Rogers. And he had a good time doing it. I love Roy Rogers. But I also love Lee Van Cleef. I dont think LVC set out to want to be a bad boy but he got typecast. Hey you gotta work. You gotta put bread on the table that makes all of us do things that we don't want to. Even sell one's soul to the devil if it becomes necessary(The Legend of the grand Inquisitor). Good guys...Bad Guys...I've never seen anyone top Lee Van Cleef as the "bad guy".
10th July 2004 07:28 PM
Bloozehound Hmmm...

Henry Fonda played a pretty good Cleef-ish villian in "Once Upon a Time in the West" He had that cold, steely-menace act down just about as we well as Cleef.

I'm gonna have to think on this one for a while, who was best western villain...Jack Palance comes to mind, but I can't think of which flick he was in...
10th July 2004 08:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
...Jack Palance comes to mind, but I can't think of which flick he was in...

He was the "bad guy" in Shane, for one.
10th July 2004 09:18 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

He was the "bad guy" in Shane, for one.

Yes!

Damn I must be losing it, how could I forget Shane.

That was a pretty archetypical, western villian fosure, maybe not the best one...
Page: 1 2