ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with special thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ron Wood and cocaine Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th July 2006 04:54 PM
morocco Hi. I remember hearing stories, or were they rumors, of Ron Wood's septum being in such bad condition from constant cocaine use that he had to use a special glass tube to snort the cocaine past the damaged areas of his nose.

Can anyone elaborate on this? Is there any truth to this idea?
7th July 2006 05:01 PM
nankerphelge Considering Ronald's schnoz...

7th July 2006 05:01 PM
Dan
quote:
morocco wrote:
Hi. I remember hearing stories, or were they rumors, of Ron Wood's septum being in such bad condition from constant cocaine use that he had to use a special glass tube to snort the cocaine past the damaged areas of his nose.

I doubt it. Why would he use a special glass tube when he can afford to have it administered Stevie Knicks style?
7th July 2006 05:06 PM
nankerphelge Howe exactly did Stevie get it "administered"???

Diver down!
7th July 2006 05:26 PM
SheRat I am curious about this as well....

7th July 2006 05:34 PM
Dan
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Howe exactly did Stevie get it "administered"???

Since her cocaine use was seriously affecting her voice, the rumor is she had an ass-istant blow it up her ass.
7th July 2006 05:45 PM
ListenToTheLion A lot of rumors in this thread
7th July 2006 05:48 PM
pdog Ronnie's got the cocaine? NO!
7th July 2006 07:12 PM
SheRat
quote:
Dan wrote:

Since her cocaine use was seriously affecting her voice, the rumor is she had an ass-istant blow it up her ass.

That's ridiculous. It's perfectly acceptable to mix your blow in a glass of OJ and drink it--it makes the high take a little longer, but if you were worrried about voice issues, this method would solve the problem. And I'm sure she didn't want to shoot (track marks) or smoke it (voice issues again).

Additionally, does inserting drugs anally even work? Seems to me you'd have to make a suppository so that it would stay in one place to be absorbed. Otherwise, why would't it just leak out? Are the blood vessels in the anal cavity *that* similar to those in the nasal? I doubt it.
7th July 2006 07:16 PM
Dan
quote:
SheRat wrote:

That's ridiculous. It's perfectly acceptable to mix your blow in a glass of OJ and drink it--it makes the high take a little longer, but if you were worrried about voice issues, this method would solve the problem. And I'm sure she didn't want to shoot (track marks) or smoke it (voice issues again).

Additionally, does inserting drugs anally even work? Seems to me you'd have to make a suppository so that it would stay in one place to be absorbed. Otherwise, why would't it just leak out? Are the blood vessels in the anal cavity *that* similar to those in the nasal? I doubt it.

You just possibly ruined one of my best fantasies ever and my only fantasy involving cocaine. And heading into a weekend where I don't have anything to do. I hope you're happy with yourself.
7th July 2006 07:30 PM
Daethgod GOLD Jerry !

7th July 2006 08:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Yep, you can get high by sticking drugs up your ass - it gets absorbed by the mucous membrane. I don't know anything about "blowing" it up one's ass though - never heard of that one before...I don't wanna think about that one too much.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
8th July 2006 01:13 AM
IanBillen
I tried sticking it into my eye socket. I would lay down on my back and sprinkle the coke directly onto my eye ball. Then I would close my eye lids and roll my eyes (even though they watered like crazy) to the back of my head figuring it got closer to my brain this way and at the same time avoiding any possible nasal damage that would normally occur.

I used to do one eye at a time.

I used to call the after effects true "cocaine eyes".

Ok I'm Joking.

Ian

Ian
8th July 2006 01:32 AM
pdog
quote:
SheRat wrote:

Morphine suppositories exist. Never tried it, but that character in Trainspotting made the funniest ever scene out of it.
8th July 2006 01:48 AM
Altamont I first heard about that Stevie Nicks coke in the butt rumour years ago, it was mentioned in an interview with Mudhoney strangely enough.

google:

stevie nicks cocaine ass
8th July 2006 04:29 AM
Zack Sherat, I would think mixing blow with orange juice or something would make you sick to your stomach. Couple of guys I knew in college mixed it in water and put it into a nasal spray container so they could do it in class. But seeing it disappear in the water is more than I could ever take. One time I put a pile on a sink at a party and didn't notice a puddle of water there. It was tragic.

That story about Ronnie and the tube doesn't make sense. If he had a hole in his septum, how could a curved tube make him avoid it? And if it was that bad, he would have it repaired surgically. This is a rich rock star we are talking about.
8th July 2006 10:07 AM
sirmoonie Thomas Hollywood Henderson used to do coke through nasal spray so he could get high during games.

Ronnie once said he started drinking to get himself off of blow.

You can do acid by popping a dot on your eyeball.

I saw a guy shoot up in his neck. I thought it was cool as hell.

I'd love to do coke a church, but I don't go to church so that will be another unrealized dream.
8th July 2006 10:49 AM
FrankiePeppers An enema is a rather efficient way to get any substance into the bloodstream, due to the thin membrane in the lower intestine. I never heard anyone doing it with coke, but I am aware of ecstasy users doing it.

Where there's a will, there's a way

Necessity is the mother of invention
8th July 2006 10:56 AM
pduff101 I thought Ron Wood's problem was alcohol. He's in rehab now as a matter of fact. I'm sure he did some blow in the 70's like everyone else, but I always thought he was an alcoholic.

[Edited by pduff101]
8th July 2006 11:25 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
morocco wrote:
Hi. I remember hearing stories, or were they rumors, of Ron Wood's septum being in such bad condition from constant cocaine use that he had to use a special glass tube to snort the cocaine past the damaged areas of his nose.

LOL If that's the problem, convert it to base and smoke it. I hate cocaine, I quit it back in 1994 it's 12 years now with my nose clean and my smile back.

Anyway, he uses these straws

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
8th July 2006 01:35 PM
SheRat
quote:
Dan wrote:

You just possibly ruined one of my best fantasies ever and my only fantasy involving cocaine. And heading into a weekend where I don't have anything to do. I hope you're happy with yourself.

Seeing as how I don't know you from shit, and thus could give a crap...yep! that's what I'm here for.

Besides, it's not like I told you that, in real life, Jenna Jameson is gay.

8th July 2006 01:42 PM
SheRat
quote:
Zack wrote:
Sherat, I would think mixing blow with orange juice or something would make you sick to your stomach.

You would think? Well, I don't know, I think it was obvious from the tone of my post that I'm saying I know this through experience. And I won't say it won't make YOU sick to your stomach, but it didn't make ME sick to my stomach.

Gentile, please. If you're so good with blow that you can't bear it seen mixed with water, tell me this: you've never felt it go into your stomach after snorting a line? I mean, it just goes down your nasal passages into your esophagus and then you swallow. Cause you don't DARE spit that shit out! And then, say you drank a bit of OJ?

Pffft.

[Edited by SheRat]
8th July 2006 01:45 PM
SheRat
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
An enema is a rather efficient way to get any substance into the bloodstream, due to the thin membrane in the lower intestine. I never heard anyone doing it with coke, but I am aware of ecstasy users doing it.

Where there's a will, there's a way

Necessity is the mother of invention

Indeed.

Thank you for the non-speculative tone. However, as I said, I think having someone blow powder up your ass would be a monumental waste of the powder. Which is why I suggested the suppository idea. But what do I know? Instead of inventing elaborate processes, I merely mixed it in with my Mc Donald's breakfast drink.
8th July 2006 04:19 PM
MrPleasant "Ron Wood and cocaine"

Keep 'em apart.

Leave something for us mortals, you egotistical asshole!
8th July 2006 10:17 PM
Navin
I have read stories about how Ron Wood's nose, due to cocaine (ab)use fell down on the bathroom floor or someplace like that, and that Mr. Wood along with another friend of his were having "to look for it" and later "attached it back on with superglue"

This story, don't really remember the source...but his nose is one of most outstanding features to be sculpted on a Stones face.

However strange as it may sound, I have even read the same about Mick Taylor - about him having a similar problem...but no mention of his nose falling off...just about the insertion of some nasal device due to coke (ab)use.
8th July 2006 11:18 PM
JuanTCB I just read about Ron's nose in the Rock On Wood book - I guess it was backstage at MSG with the Faces . . . it completely gave out around the bridge, they taped it up, and he wore shades that night and then got it fixed up later.

I'm assuming the coke ate through the actual skin?

Bizarre.
9th July 2006 07:47 AM
stoneman Insertion of ecstacy into the rectum is called a "Colon Roll"
Dont ask , dont tell
9th July 2006 10:19 AM
Zack
quote:
SheRat wrote:

You would think? Well, I don't know, I think it was obvious from the tone of my post that I'm saying I know this through experience. And I won't say it won't make YOU sick to your stomach, but it didn't make ME sick to my stomach.

Gentile, please. If you're so good with blow that you can't bear it seen mixed with water, tell me this: you've never felt it go into your stomach after snorting a line? I mean, it just goes down your nasal passages into your esophagus and then you swallow. Cause you don't DARE spit that shit out! And then, say you drank a bit of OJ?

Pffft.

[Edited by SheRat]

You got me all wrong, and you're a little defensive. First, I did a mountain of the shit in college back in the 80s, but haven't touched it for years. Second, by the time snorted blow gets to your stomach much of it is already absorbed in the sinuses. And third, maybe the fact that I was out $50 was the real tragedy of the sink incident. Last, I don't even know what you mean when you suggest I think I'm "good" with blow. On the contrary, I think it's evil shit. Please just don't try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about with that "ppfft." Congrats on your marriage, btw.
10th July 2006 01:52 PM
Saint Sway the horrific report about Ronnie having to snort coke via a plastic tube that he inserts thru his nose was 1st published in Rolling Stone magazine during the B2B Tour.

another frightening cocaine story that came out during the Licks Tour was in an interview with Ronnie when he talked about his heavy coke use and described how he used to use the inner tubes of the toilet paper rolls in hotel bathrooms to snort blow with!!

of course, he's also had a heavy free-basing habit since about 1980. Cuz snorting massive lines with a toilet paper holder apparently wasnt quite enough...
10th July 2006 03:12 PM
pdog
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)