ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Jagger recorded two new songs for his upcoming album Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th July 2007 06:38 PM
Lavendar GROOVY...... Lovin Those rythm KINGS.
4th July 2007 08:12 PM
Navin
Not to forget Mr. Wood gave us his masterpiece 'Slide on This' (Mr. Watts also played on this record) at around the same time...which easily beats both 'Main Offender' and 'Wandering Spirit' ... and paved the way for the ultimate - 'Voodoo Lounge'
4th July 2007 08:14 PM
Soldatti Thank god this won't be on Virgin.
Rhino's recent compilations did well comercially: Sabbath's compilation spent 9 weeks on the U.S charts and the Traveling Wilburys set is selling like hotcakes worldwide.
4th July 2007 09:40 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
Navin wrote:

Not to forget Mr. Wood gave us his masterpiece 'Slide on This' (Mr. Watts also played on this record) at around the same time...which easily beats both 'Main Offender' and 'Wandering Spirit' ... and paved the way for the ultimate - 'Voodoo Lounge'

IAWTC. Long live Ronnie Wood. When I see what he did with the Jeff Beck Group, Faces, Solo I just think he isn't used enough in RS material.
4th July 2007 09:52 PM
Soldatti September 10 in UK...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Mick-Jagger/dp/B000SFYZOO
4th July 2007 10:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
A total of THREE new songs will be new

LOL sorry shit happens, I ain't neither Bill Shakespeare nor Stanley Unwin
5th July 2007 03:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Navin wrote:

Sadly, the slick production of "Slide on This" made this record sounds like a collection of Chris Rea outtakes.
Ronnie's first solo albums are superb IMHO, but Wandering Spirit got sound and class thanks to Mr Rubin.
5th July 2007 04:35 AM
pdog I'm really looking forward to not buying this!
5th July 2007 05:08 AM
Navin
The "Chris Rea outtake" sound does surface on Always Wanted More, Breathe on Me, Thinkin' and maybe one more - these are the worst ever tracks on this record or otherwise.... but Knock Yer Teeth Out, Show Me, Must Be Love, and Like It do rock out ... and Mr. Charlie was on board with his drumming and just about getting to sound bright and loud enough on this record and more so on Voodoo Lounge.

Incredible how the selection for the recent Essential Crossexion could be so bad - none of the rocking tracks are included...with one too many ballads...and NONE of the tracks from "Gimme Some Neck" were used on that - even the version of Seven Days was the live one from Bobfest (which actually is better than the studio version)
5th July 2007 05:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Navin wrote:

The "Chris Rea outtake" sound does surface on Always Wanted More, Breathe on Me, Thinkin' and maybe one more - these are the worst ever tracks on this record or otherwise.... but Knock Yer Teeth Out, Show Me, Must Be Love, and Like It do rock out ... and Mr. Charlie was on board with his drumming and just about getting to sound bright and loud enough on this record and more so on Voodoo Lounge.

Incredible how the selection for the recent Essential Crossexion could be so bad - none of the rocking tracks are included...with one too many ballads...and NONE of the tracks from "Gimme Some Neck" were used on that - even the version of Seven Days was the live one from Bobfest (which actually is better than the studio version)

what a mess.
Gimme some neck, despise a strange muddy drum sound is a great collection of rockers!
5th July 2007 11:35 AM
aladdinstory
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Select the best of it, sprinkle it with the cream of "Main Offender" (released three months earlier) and you have quite a record

yeah that's for sure...come to think of it though, take the best of WS, MO AND select unreleased VL tracks (Honest Man, Zip Mouth Angel for example)and you have one King Hell sized banquet platter of a Stones LP. Bon Appetit!

Instead we got the table scraps--VL.

[Edited by aladdinstory]
5th July 2007 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

what a mess.
Gimme some neck, despise a strange muddy drum sound is a great collection of rockers!

A greatly underrated record. Ronnie's finest solo album IMO
5th July 2007 12:05 PM
Joey

I keep hoping that Mick Jagger & Pete Townshend will write some songs TOGETHER .

............ Wouldn't that be wonderful ?!

5th July 2007 12:16 PM
Dan
quote:
Joey wrote:

I keep hoping that Mick Jagger & Pete Townshend will write some songs TOGETHER .

Has Pete ever written with anybody?
5th July 2007 02:39 PM
Gazza "Rough Mix" was co-written with Ronnie Lane

Some of the songs on his solo albums "All the best cowboys have chinese eyes", and "white city" ("White city fighting" was written with David Gilmour of Pink Floyd) have been collobarations.

Not too many, though.
5th July 2007 03:28 PM
Navin
Yes indeed, 'GIMME SOME NECK' is a great great record....got to be one of Mr. Wood's finest hour and one of the all-time great classic cast-iron productions that rock & roll could ever produce...and Mr. Charlie Watts makes an appearance once again on this record...I think the reason no tracks were selected from here for the 'Essential Crossexion' compilation is probably because you need ALL the songs...selecting one or two would be "killing off all the rest" - like a certain Stone refers to such
matters...and yes, he's alive and kicking on this one too...this record gives 'Some Girls' from a similar era a nosebleed!

Everything about it, from the artwork to the dirty production, right down to the attitude of the tracks - "Buried Alive", in particular, with the magical line "...well you should have been buried alive, cuz you're far to pretty to die...far too pretty to die, die, die...." listen to Mick doing backing vocals on this one at the fade out - his "Die...DiE!...DIE!!..." improvisation is incredible...there exists a promo video of this which also features Mac and some other well-known drummer (whom I don't want to care about)...in a word -
it's great!! The intro to this song is a 42-second acoustic "Delia" which provides a stylistic contrast
about the shapes of things to come - and when the riffs kick in...talk is cheap! ... indeed...

Keith contributes to almost all of the songs...this is the only record, I think, that features all the Stones on it, except for Mr. Wyman.

"You are my Infection - I can't cut you out of my life"... "FUC Her" ... talk is cheap, once again!! - and they all speak for themselves...what else, "Seven Days" is Mr. Dylan’s gift to his dishevelled brother in rhyme....and Mr. Ron Wood performs a smoking version of this on Bobfest 1992...but the studio track is
also interesting on its own...and there exists another promo video for this which is remarkable, since it's only features Mr. Ron himself playing all the instruments - all at once!!

"Lost and Lonely" is a surprisingly untypical burning bummer ballad that manages to come thru without sounding sentimental, romantic, and any or all that shit.

well alright, then, go ahead and experience......I envy you the pleasure.
5th July 2007 03:40 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Navin wrote:

Yes indeed, 'GIMME SOME NECK' is a great great record....got to be one of Mr. Wood's finest hour and one of the all-time great classic cast-iron productions that rock & roll could ever produce...and Mr. Charlie Watts makes an appearance once again on this record...I think the reason no tracks were selected from here for the 'Essential Crossexion' compilation is probably because you need ALL the songs...selecting one or two would be "killing off all the rest" - like a certain Stone refers to such
matters...and yes, he's alive and kicking on this one too...this record gives 'Some Girls' from a similar era a nosebleed!

Everything about it, from the artwork to the dirty production, right down to the attitude of the tracks - "Buried Alive", in particular, with the magical line "...well you should have been buried alive, cuz you're far to pretty to die...far too pretty to die, die, die...." listen to Mick doing backing vocals on this one at the fade out - his "Die...DiE!...DIE!!..." improvisation is incredible...there exists a promo video of this which also features Mac and some other well-known drummer (whom I don't want to care about)...in a word -
it's great!! The intro to this song is a 42-second acoustic "Delia" which provides a stylistic contrast
about the shapes of things to come - and when the riffs kick in...talk is cheap! ... indeed...

Keith contributes to almost all of the songs...this is the only record, I think, that features all the Stones on it, except for Mr. Wyman.

"You are my Infection - I can't cut you out of my life"... "FUC Her" ... talk is cheap, once again!! - and they all speak for themselves...what else, "Seven Days" is Mr. Dylan’s gift to his dishevelled brother in rhyme....and Mr. Ron Wood performs a smoking version of this on Bobfest 1992...but the studio track is
also interesting on its own...and there exists another promo video for this which is remarkable, since it's only features Mr. Ron himself playing all the instruments - all at once!!

"Lost and Lonely" is a surprisingly untypical burning bummer ballad that manages to come thru without sounding sentimental, romantic, and any or all that shit.

well alright, then, go ahead and experience......I envy you the pleasure.

Great post!!
Hopefully most of those songs appear on "Buried Alive" in "kick you ass" mode
5th July 2007 03:52 PM
Joey " Hopefully most of those songs appear on "Buried Alive" in "kick you ass" mode "

< ----- how's the weeding ?!
5th July 2007 10:37 PM
Glimmer Twin
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yeah I agree. That would be a great team up. But I don't know if Pete still has it That Who album that recently came out was a real clunker.
8th July 2007 11:00 PM
BigAl Hello and more on another up-coming Mick Jagger solo project. Kat Kramer - a Los Angeles-based actress/singer has been working on a Mick Jagger Tribute Album for some time. In fact, her duet "Party Doll" with the late Billy Preston (his last vocal) played on KLOS. She is focusing on MJ's solo material, which she feels is often underrated, and Jimmy Rip produced most of the tracks - one featuring a duet with Bernard Fowler on "Hang On To Me Tonight." The style is all mellow, soft-rock, a la easy listening - Jagger's love songs. The album is still in the works, still untitled, but listen for some surprises. You can check out some of the tracks on her official website - www.katharinekramer.com - and it links to her my-space page at www.MySpace.com/KatharineKramer. It will be finished and out soon - but no date has been announced. She's glad Mick's releasing a greatest hits package with three new songs.
9th July 2007 10:37 AM
gotdablouse Interesting too, but back to the main subjedt, a "Best Of", not a new album then, that's a bit disappointing, so what do you reckon will be on that album, let's see:

STB : Just Another Night, Lucky in Love
PC : Kow Tow, Primitive Cool, Party Doll
WS : Wandering Spirit, Put me in the Trash, Angel in My Heart, Evening Gown, Don't Tear me Up
GIT : Visions of Paradise, Everybody get High

Not too shabby, eh !
9th July 2007 10:45 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Interesting too, but back to the main subjedt, a "Best Of", not a new album then, that's a bit disappointing, so what do you reckon will be on that album, let's see:

STB : Just Another Night, Lucky in Love
PC : Kow Tow, Primitive Cool, Party Doll
WS : Wandering Spirit, Put me in the Trash, Angel in My Heart, Evening Gown, Don't Tear me Up
GIT : Visions of Paradise, Everybody get High

Not too shabby, eh !

Do you honestly think we'll get away without "Let's Work"?! I'd guess it'll have "Throwaway," too, as it was a single.
9th July 2007 11:25 AM
Jumacfly "just another night" makes me shit liquid.......
9th July 2007 12:03 PM
gotdablouse @Mel Belli - yes Throwaway deserves to be there.

As for Let's Work, I think Mick should take his losses on that one and put it behind him (beneath him) for good !
9th July 2007 12:07 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
@Mel Belli - yes Throwaway deserves to be there.

As for Let's Work, I think Mick should take his losses on that one and put it behind him (beneath him) for good !

From your mouth to his ears...
9th July 2007 02:58 PM
72Tele Best of Mick Jagger? I honestly wont even steal this one.

He should just start selling his droppings. I mean if your'e willing to buy this you will by anything he puts up for sale.
9th July 2007 04:08 PM
Joey
quote:
72Tele wrote:

He should just start selling his droppings.

Wonderful Idea !!!!! :

****** END TRANSMISSION *********
9th July 2007 07:02 PM
Schleisher Hopefully this will have Old Habits Die Hard, I thought that was pretty good. Maybe a rarity or two, who knows.

I agree with everyone else, if only Keith and Mick had gotten together and made a Stones album out of the best of Main Offender and Wandering Spirit. If only...
9th July 2007 07:08 PM
mojoman inability of the body to control the evacuative functions of urination or defecation
10th July 2007 12:51 AM
BILL PERKS JUST ANOTHER NIGHT
LUCKY IN LOVE
THROAWAY
LETS WORK
SAY YOU WILL
SWEET THING
OUT OF FOCUS
WANDERING SPIRIT
OLD HABITS
BLIND LEADING THE BLIND
VISION OF PARADISE
DONT CALL ME UP
GOD GAVE EVERYTHING
NEW
NEW
NEW
BLUE
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)