ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bush commutes Scooter's sentence Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd July 2007 05:55 PM
Mikey http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial;_ylt=AuwRPUcyKo1VWyuHr8TPPcqs0NUE
2nd July 2007 05:57 PM
Saint Sway is anyone surprised?
2nd July 2007 06:02 PM
pdog Paris suffers another humiliation...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
2nd July 2007 06:06 PM
LadyJane King George has nothing to lose. (see Lame Duck or is it Sitting Duck?)
I'm not surprised at all.

Where is Pdog's countdown clock???

LJ.

2nd July 2007 06:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Mikey wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial;_ylt=AuwRPUcyKo1VWyuHr8TPPcqs0NUE

About Time !!!!

If Bill Clinton can pardon Marc Rich then Bushie43 can pardon ANYONE !!!!!!!

2nd July 2007 06:13 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Mikey wrote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/cia_leak_trial;_ylt=AuwRPUcyKo1VWyuHr8TPPcqs0NUE

Happy Birthday Tele!
2nd July 2007 07:32 PM
The_Worst Good for GWB. This guy shouldn't be going to jail to begin with not to mention the fact that it's really not going to do anything to his approval ratings anyway at this point. To be honest, the more he pisses people off the more I like him at this point!!!
2nd July 2007 07:35 PM
glencar What he (^) said...
2nd July 2007 07:36 PM
lotsajizz Mr. Israel Liebowicz (his real name) should have to run a gauntlet of CIA agents prepared to flog....
2nd July 2007 07:48 PM
nankerphelge
Fitzgerald and his many minions spent a shitload of my tax dollars to go on a witch hunt.

Fitzgerald knew Armitage was the source.
Yet he pursued pretty much the entire Administration looking for a big fish to fry.

Cheney, Rove, someone, gotta get someone.

Fitzgerald is just as bad as Nifong - had the evidence and did nothing to Armitage.

Gee ...why is that?

Oh wait, maybe he did nothing illegal.
Maybe by not indicting Armitage, Mr. Fitzgerald proved that there was no actionable offense.

Nope...keep that investigation alive.
People are gonna remember old-what's his name Fitzgerald!

Don't get me wrong.
Scooter fucked up -- he couldn't lie as well as we expect from our politicians apparently.
He went through the system - it would have put him in prison - I have no idea of whether this man was guilty or not, but the system said he was.

I'm just disgusted with prosecutors that will turn a blind eye to the system that they are supposed to police -- all to make a name for themselves. Railroading someone just sucks - no matter who you believe in politically.

And for what it's worth...part of "the system" that Scooter went through includes the powers of the President to commute or pardon under Article II of some document that we probably won't hear about.

I'm glad he did -- if for no other reason that (thanks FPM) it pisses off liberals!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
2nd July 2007 07:51 PM
Riffhard Good for Bush,but it should have been a full pardon. The liberals that are screaming bloody murder about it are being completely partisan. I don't recalll any of these people screaming about how Sandy Burgler didn't go to prison?! What Berger did was much more reprehensible than what Libby was convicted of. Fitzgerald should never have brought these lame ass charges. Once it was determined that Richard Armitage was the leaker and not Libby Fitzgerald should have dropped all charges. There was no underlying crime here! Clinton commited perjury before a grand jury and only lost his right to practice law. Libby commited no perjury to anyone and got 30 months. A bullshit cobbled together case that should have dismissed before it ever got started.

Riffy
2nd July 2007 08:26 PM
pdog I was not surprised nor Do I care...
Nankys' last sentence is awesome!!!
2nd July 2007 09:37 PM
Starbuck riffy...nanky...don't you see? the whole fucking system is fucked. hell yes...scooter deserved to go to prison...as did sandy berger and marc rich.

you're both right...and you're both wrong. this is not a partisan thing here...a convicted criminal was let off the hook for political reasons. a jury found the dude guilty, so he should have to pay for his crime...and dubya wiped it clean. well, almost clean.

that should in theory make you both ill.
2nd July 2007 09:57 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
riffy...nanky...don't you see? the whole fucking system is fucked. hell yes...scooter deserved to go to prison...as did sandy berger and marc rich.

you're both right...and you're both wrong. this is not a partisan thing here...a convicted criminal was let off the hook for political reasons. a jury found the dude guilty, so he should have to pay for his crime...and dubya wiped it clean. well, almost clean.

that should in theory make you both ill.

Nope. He is a good man who did absolutly nothing illegal initially. The underlying crime(outing a covert agent) never happened!! Many people in this whole farce had an equally fucked memory. Two FBI agents told differing accounts because of their faulty memories. As did Tim Russert,Bob Novak,and even Joe "the lying sack of shit" Wilson!

It pisses off Pelosi,Shumer,and the rest of the useless idiots in the Dem party,and for that I am forever grateful! Hell,even Kristen Powers(Dem stratagist) said that this whole prosecution was a joke from the outset. There was no crime committed!! Fitzgerald knew that Libby did not out the media whore Plame and yet he still continued to proceed. He should have dismissed the case from the outset. A huge fucking waste of time and tax payers' money just so an overzealous prosecutor could gain national exposer.

Riffy
2nd July 2007 10:27 PM
Starbuck
quote:
A huge fucking waste of time and tax payers' money just so an overzealous prosecutor could gain national exposer.

hmmm....sounds more like starr and the lewinsky case to me!
2nd July 2007 11:03 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

hmmm....sounds more like starr and the lewinsky case to me!

Not to me. I mean afterall Clinton did perjure himself in front of a grand jury! Libby did not. The left always says,"They impeached the guy for a blowjob!!" Bullshit! Nice liberal spin,but totally untrue. He was impeached becuase he lied to a grand jury. Why the left has any like for Bill Clinton has always amazed me. The guy was accused of sexual harrasment by no less than four seperate women. One of them stated flat out that he raped her,Juanita Brodrick! She was in charge of his gubanotorial campaign commitee in 1978. Hardly a Republican partisan hack,huh? She has taken four seperate lie detecting tests and has passed every one of them. All of these women were lifelong democrats too. So there was no partisan attacks here. That the left would continue to hold him up as a great president is disgusting! The guy is a morally bankrupt rapist. That the left has no problem with that speaks volumes about their own moral character. Why have femminists not attacked this man?! Could it be because he's a fellow lib? Of course! Sick.

"There were four witnesses who told NBC that Broaddrick had revealed to them years ago that Clinton had brutally raped her in 1978. One was a nurse who told NBC that she tended to Broaddrick after the assault, applying ice to the victim’s bruised face and badly swollen lips. It was right after the attack that Broaddrick first revealed the rape, telling the nurse that Clinton had sex with her "against her will," NBC reported. ABC News released a statement from Broaddrick friend Phillip Yoakum, who identified the nurse as Norma Rogers."

Great president? Impeached for a blowjob? Bullshit! Fuck him and all his defenders!

Riffy

2nd July 2007 11:41 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Good for Bush,but it should have been a full pardon. The liberals that are screaming bloody murder about it are being completely partisan. I don't recalll any of these people screaming about how Sandy Burgler didn't go to prison?! What Berger did was much more reprehensible than what Libby was convicted of. Fitzgerald should never have brought these lame ass charges. Once it was determined that Richard Armitage was the leaker and not Libby Fitzgerald should have dropped all charges. There was no underlying crime here! Clinton commited perjury before a grand jury and only lost his right to practice law. Libby commited no perjury to anyone and got 30 months. A bullshit cobbled together case that should have dismissed before it ever got started.

Riffy

RIFFY-PLEASE LEARN HOW TO POST YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS WITHOUT USING THE "LIBERAL" TERM..IT CHEAPENS EVERYTHING YOU SAY
3rd July 2007 02:18 AM
pdog Everytime The Republicans get some bad press, and we discuss it here I know Bill Clintons name will be dropped...
What's the left counter attack, Nixon... I mean jeez, let's stay in this time zone...
I'll say this, whover outed Valerie plame is a disgusting fuck. She worked in anit- nuclear proliferation undercover. She's a fucking hero, who gave to this country. Bunch of lame ass politicos on both sides always seem to have no problem fucking over patriotic people like her...
3rd July 2007 03:54 AM
Jeep

3rd July 2007 05:51 AM
lotsajizz some here are still fighting an imaginary Cold War
3rd July 2007 07:26 AM
MrPleasant Lame joke.
(Deleted.)
[Edited by MrPleasant]
3rd July 2007 07:33 AM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:
I'll say this, whover outed Valerie plame is a disgusting fuck.

That would be Richard Armitage & apparently it was by accident. He was in the administration but he was a media darling who loved dropping tidbits/leaking.
3rd July 2007 07:34 AM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:

LOL I don't think you're an American so let me inform you that hardly any Americans wanted to grant illegals amnesty. Most have no idea who Scooter is & what he did.
3rd July 2007 08:59 AM
Bovine49
quote:
Joey wrote:

About Time !!!!

If Bill Clinton can pardon Marc Rich then Bushie43 can pardon ANYONE !!!!!!!

That's correct. And Hillary is still a lyin', carpetbaggin' CUNT!

3rd July 2007 09:01 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
MrUnPleasant wrote:
Bush is "beyond" republicans. He, and his parents, are beyond the beyond. Biggest asshole in showbiz.

I bet you're a big fan of Tom Cruise and Babs Streisand.
3rd July 2007 10:00 AM
Joey
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
To be honest, the more he pisses people off the more I like him at this point!!!

Yes --- FRIG YEAH !!!!!! .. what does he care anymore ?!

Bushie43 will be the LAST Republican President this nation will EVER have ( ... if , in fact , the GOP even survives the next eighteen months without splitting off into various ancillary parties ) .

He should have given this ' Scooter ' guy a FULL / COMPLETE pardon whilst his approval ratings fall to depths never before seen by man since the " 1 Night in Paris " DVD . Word !

|
|
|
|
|
V

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

JACKY !

[Edited by JACKY ! ]
[Edited by Joey]
3rd July 2007 11:02 AM
Lethargy Just for some perspective, here's the list of literally hundreds of people Clinton pardoned, including some directly in exchange for money, in the form of donation towards the clinton library.

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm

But don't let that stop all you bush haters from seeing things one way...
3rd July 2007 11:16 AM
Joey
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Just for some perspective, here's the list of literally hundreds of people Clinton pardoned, including some directly in exchange for money, in the form of donation towards the clinton library.

http://www.usdoj.gov/pardon/clintonpardon_grants.htm

But don't let that stop all you bush haters from seeing things one way...

" Marc Rich S. D. N. Y. 1984 superseding indictment Wire fraud, mail fraud, racketeering, racketeering conspiracy, criminal forfeiture, income tax evasion, and trading with Iran in violation of trade embargo, 18 U.S.C. §§ 1343, 1341, 1962(c), 1962(d), 1963, and 2; 26 U.S.C. § 7201, 50 U.S.C. § 1705, and 31 C.F.R. §§ 535.206(a)(4), 535.208 and 535.701 "

But Marc Rich donated tens of millions of dollars to the Clinton Library so it was a very smart move , politically , to pardon this individual .....

" I love Bill Clinton , Ronnie ! "

LBJOEY !!!
3rd July 2007 12:12 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Barney Fife wrote:
I bet you're a big fan of Tom Cruise and Babs Streisand.

And you lose!
3rd July 2007 01:06 PM
Ten Thousand Motels "....AND SHOULD I GET CAUGHT...WELL YOU KNOW THE DRILL."
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)