ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Click the image for more information
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Stones' fans familiarity breeds contemt Return to archive Page: 1 2
7th July 2006 10:27 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
\
We remain friends!!!

Of course as long as you don't send me a copy of Dogshit on the Doormat!
7th July 2006 10:29 AM
jb Never...I sent that to Fiji. I think once this thing starts up next week things will be back to normal; unfiortunately, the Stones have really alienated the european market and I doubt they could ever return there on a large scale basis again...
7th July 2006 10:36 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Never...I sent that to Fiji. I think once this thing starts up next week things will be back to normal; unfiortunately, the Stones have really alienated the european market and I doubt they could ever return there on a large scale basis again...

As it seems I have said farewell to the Stones the last time I saw them in Vredenburg Utrecht. This tour is a great disappointment for me and my Dutch friends. I really don't care whether they will return. I cherish my sweet memories...
7th July 2006 10:39 AM
jb Dutch Rik was 100% correct.
7th July 2006 10:41 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Dutch Rik was 100% correct.

Well I don't know him but I am sure he was right!
7th July 2006 10:43 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Well I don't know him but I am sure he was right!

My first cyber friend who saw them in Amsterdam many times...he recognized a while back that it may be best to remember seeing them while on top ....
7th July 2006 10:45 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

My first cyber friend who saw them in Amsterdam many times...he recognized a while back that it may be best to remember seeing them while on top ....

In that case he must be very old!
7th July 2006 10:50 AM
jb No..young...I thinkj he swaw the shows from 95 forward,,he is only 20 something...
7th July 2006 10:58 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
The world is not fair and there are many people who are not paid what they are worth, and many who are grossly overpaid.

Overpaid:
Baseball players and almost all sports figures
Entertainers including musicians, movie stars, etc.
Airplane pilots who glorified bus drivers
Lawyers
Politicians
Most government workers as a function of what they produce

Underpaid:
Nurses
Engineers
Teachers

Put down CPA's on the underpaid side. Should of went into sales, but then I would have to have a little personality.
7th July 2006 11:02 AM
jb When you compare the hrs put in and the average salary for lawyers, we are dramatically underpaid. The average lawyer in Fl. makes 68k a year-not much for working 80 hrs a week.

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_lawyer_make
7th July 2006 11:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
jb wrote:
When you compare the hrs put in and the average salary for lawyers, we are dramatically underpaid. The average lawyer in Fl. makes 68k a year-not much for working 80 hrs a week.

http://www.faqfarm.com/Q/How_much_money_does_a_lawyer_make

Pretty much the same for CPA's, but I imagine the Fl. average salary is lower for us. And if you move to the corporate world of accounting, it is the same. They hate paying us, because we are admin and we are viewed as the necessary evil. I know in almost every company I have been at, accountants work the most hours and we are expected to, but the pay does not equate. The amount of education that is needed to became a CPA just does not seem worth the time. Seems like I could have got general business degee in half the time and would be making at least the same as I do now.

Enough bitching, I am posting this at work.
7th July 2006 11:52 AM
Jumping Jack Do the "hours put in" include postin' time billed to clients, LOL?
7th July 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Do the "hours put in" include postin' time billed to clients, LOL?

My stuff is all contigency so it doesn't matter..I won a trial last month and will break last yrs gross...
7th July 2006 12:37 PM
Jumping Jack Excellent news. Congrats on your skill and good fortune.

I hope you buy many tickets this fall so the US of A is not humiliated!!! I look forward to greeting you with a few shots Jumping Jack Daniels.
7th July 2006 12:41 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Excellent news. Congrats on your skill and good fortune.

I hope you buy many tickets this fall so the US of A is not humiliated!!! I look forward to greeting you with a few shots Jumping Jack Daniels.

Thank.....I oredict Pirates 3(with Keith) will not break records.
7th July 2006 12:54 PM
Jumping Jack Empty seats in the theaters?
7th July 2006 12:54 PM
F505 I predict Ron Wood will not play one decent solo in Milano.
7th July 2006 12:57 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
I predict Ron Wood will not play one decent solo in Milano.

We predicted this ....he has not let us down.
8th July 2006 07:10 PM
texile
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Yeah, your 100% right. The Stones are much better live today than 30 years ago.

Go listen to "Love you Live". IT SUCKS. Live Licks is much,much better. As is Stripped,Flashpoint and No Security.

If the Stones played today like they did in the mid 70's they would get killed in the media.

i love my guys, but johnny stoned summed it up for me....
session musicians 'play well'
the stones were electric at their 'absolute zenith' - as js put it........
ill take passion over polish.
they have thier momentsbut in 69-73, there was an urgency in the new material that they don't exude anymore.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)