ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Rehearsing babies rehearsing...
Arriving to the first rehearsals for the tour - Greenwood School Today
© 2005 Mr. Jimmy with many many thank yous!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: something we missed from saturday's concert... Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 5th, 2005 12:10 PM
Gazza
Music Column: Thoughts on the Week that Was
Posted on 7/5/05 at 12:54 AM ET
Written By: Adam Gonshor

(andPOP) - Biggest story of this week is of course Live 8. The most amazing thing about it is not that 10 concerts were held around the world to bring awareness to poverty, but that every possible big name act participated. The biggest artists in the world, in any genre, is arguably Paul McCartney, U2 and Madonna, who all performed in England. After them there could be a number of artists, perhaps Elton John, Coldplay, and a reunited Pink Floyd, who all performed. Even Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who were not on any bill, showed up in England to perform with McCartney.

http://andpop.com/article.php?id=4425
July 5th, 2005 12:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Music Column: Thoughts on the Week that Was
Posted on 7/5/05 at 12:54 AM ET
Written By: Adam Gonshor

(andPOP) - Biggest story of this week is of course Live 8. The most amazing thing about it is not that 10 concerts were held around the world to bring awareness to poverty, but that every possible big name act participated. The biggest artists in the world, in any genre, is arguably Paul McCartney, U2 and Madonna, who all performed in England. After them there could be a number of artists, perhaps Elton John, Coldplay, and a reunited Pink Floyd, who all performed. Even Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who were not on any bill, showed up in England to perform with McCartney.

http://andpop.com/article.php?id=4425

Even the press realizes this event will not solve anything and did not care enough to even write an article with truths to it...i suspect this was written weeks ago.
July 5th, 2005 12:18 PM
Gazza its actually a review of the week's music, if you care to read the rest of the article. It was clearly written after the event, as can be proved by his closing remark on 50Cent

Unless he knew in advance Luther Vandross was going to die as well of course...
July 5th, 2005 01:19 PM
gimmekeef Regardless of when it was written it slags the Stones in the sense he doesnt consider a major act.Pity the fool I say!
July 5th, 2005 01:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
its actually a review of the week's music, if you care to read the rest of the article. It was clearly written after the event, as can be proved by his closing remark on 50Cent

Unless he knew in advance Luther Vandross was going to die as well of course...

the luther point could have been a major gamble by them. But obviously this reporter has no credibility if they screwed up the final/featured act. The inaccuracies of the portion you pasted did not motivate me in any way to read the rest of the article. I feared I would read about the fantastic bass solo by John Entwhistle or even worse.
July 5th, 2005 01:27 PM
jb This is not what you call proper editing....I agree with Pug...they would probably confuse Moby for Michael Stipe!!!!!!!!
July 5th, 2005 01:42 PM
FPM C10 A lot of the coverage I read of the event seemed to be written by people who weren't watching it. Quite a few articles mentioned 3 of Pink Floyd's songs but neglected "Breathe", and also didn't mention the fact that McCartney played "Helter Skelter".

I didn't see or hear any of it, but I guess Paul and Bono nixed the Sgt. Pecker suits?
July 5th, 2005 01:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
A lot of the coverage I read of the event seemed to be written by people who weren't watching it. Quite a few articles mentioned 3 of Pink Floyd's songs but neglected "Breathe", and also didn't mention the fact that McCartney played "Helter Skelter".

I didn't see or hear any of it, but I guess Paul and Bono nixed the Sgt. Pecker suits?

I read somewhere that "drive my car" and "Helter Skelter" were late changes to Macca's set.
July 5th, 2005 03:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
A lot of the coverage I read of the event seemed to be written by people who weren't watching it.

which is the point of me posting this. At least YOU got it!!

quote:
Quite a few articles mentioned 3 of Pink Floyd's songs but neglected "Breathe", and also didn't mention the fact that McCartney played "Helter Skelter".

they did. But the brass section wore them
July 5th, 2005 03:31 PM
jb It was contrived..the Beatles are about as relevant to today's music sce ne as the Stones!!!!!!!!!! Paul forced this on the World and we went along with it!!! Shame!!!!
July 5th, 2005 03:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
It was contrived..the Beatles are about as relevant to today's music sce ne as the Stones!!!!!!!!!! Paul forced this on the World and we went along with it!!! Shame!!!!

"we" ?

you spent the fucking day on a boat, according to what you said a few days ago

although as you were such an authority on it, something tells me you were secretly watching it
July 5th, 2005 03:38 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

"we" ?

you spent the fucking day on a boat, according to what you said a few days ago

although as you were such an authority on it, something tells me you were secretly watching it

I am tan as a Lobter!!! Off course I have seen many highlights!!! MTV/VH1 ...I had to view some of it to be able to post with credibility!!! You should be very proud of me!!!
[Edited by jb]
July 5th, 2005 04:58 PM
glencar Lobsters aren't tan, numbnuts!
July 5th, 2005 07:03 PM
kath no, lobsters just get steamed.....

"tan as a lobster"..what the fuck does that mean??

sheesh....
July 5th, 2005 07:46 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
no, lobsters just get steamed.....

"tan as a lobster"..what the fuck does that mean??

sheesh....

What's with the evil eye?
July 5th, 2005 08:19 PM
glencar She's offering you Prozac, bud!
July 5th, 2005 08:20 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Even Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones, who were not on any bill, showed up in England to perform with McCartney.

Showed up in England? Where? In the morning wedding?
July 5th, 2005 08:25 PM
glencar The Fox News site that jb linked somewhere noted that Mick was on his way to Old Blighty in First Class with Mariah Carey. Evidently he went to his godson's wedding.
July 5th, 2005 08:26 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The Fox News site that jb linked somewhere noted that Mick was on his way to Old Blighty in First Class with Mariah Carey. Evidently he went to his godson's wedding.

He must never have agreed to play..pure BS.....they need to sell tickets..I don't think some of you realize the diaster this tour could become!!!!
July 5th, 2005 08:26 PM
glencar Wasn't it a free concert?
July 5th, 2005 08:28 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't it a free concert?

The Stones tour, with the exception of a few venues, is totallt fucked.....90% ofd the shgows are wide open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 5th, 2005 08:34 PM
glencar Never fear, Joshy. Most shows last tour were sold out. The Detroit show is the only one that looks really bad. Why? Why? WHY???
July 5th, 2005 08:35 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Never fear, Joshy. Most shows last tour were sold out. The Detroit show is the only one that looks really bad. Why? Why? WHY???

Demographics my friend.................
July 5th, 2005 08:39 PM
glencar Demographics does explain a lot in life but one would think Cohl would be on top of the game.
July 6th, 2005 07:18 AM
Steel Wheels My local radio station just played a montage of Live8 songs and Mick singing Miss You was one of the clips...along with Elton John singing The Bitch Is Back.

Someone at the station must be on the net too much and reading false reports!
July 6th, 2005 05:18 PM
glencar Wonder if it was from 1985's Live Aids?
July 6th, 2005 09:27 PM
corgi37 I hear the starving in Africa received a nice fruit platter, and some gift bags.

A new reality show is going to start too, produced by Geldof's company which brought us Survivor.

Its going to alleviate the hardship of at least 1 kid. It will be called "Angelina buys a baby". Angelina Jolie will travel to Ethiopia. A select group of little starving kids will be auditioned. The one that looks the most pathetic and forlorn, will be bought by Angie for about 4 goats, and transferred to a life of luxury in L.A. where she/he will grow up to be a complete twat and be a angry druggie by 17.

Now, THAT is what i call a great 1700th post!!

I love you all.
[Edited by corgi37]
July 6th, 2005 09:28 PM
corgi37 1701??? Shit, i miscalculated.
July 6th, 2005 11:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
1701??? Shit, i miscalculated.

the pug army offers its respect as you are truly the king!
July 6th, 2005 11:49 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
1701??? Shit, i miscalculated.

the pug army offers its respect as you are truly the king!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)