ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Fourchette at Pocé sur Cisse
© Gérard Proust from Le Magazine de la Touraine

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Album title Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st July 2004 12:48 PM
2Kman "Pillars of Society" will be released in November. It is hot, best work since Some Girls. The disc is almost complete.
1st July 2004 12:50 PM
Monkey Woman LOL!!!! "Pillars of society"!! Why not "Knights of the realm"? ROTFLMAO!!!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
1st July 2004 12:50 PM
jb
quote:
2Kman wrote:
"Pillars of Society" will be released in November. It is hot, best work since Some Girls. The disc is almost complete.

OMG!!! This is great news!!! Thanks so much!!!
1st July 2004 12:51 PM
2Kman JB anything for a Rolling Stones buddy!
1st July 2004 12:56 PM
LadyJane And I thought it would be called "Songs for Ian"

Let me spare us the "Where did you hear this from 2Kman..From Ian" thread??

2Kman...Name, Rank, Serial Number, Fingerprints, Country of Origin, names of Parents, Blood Type, Photo of Firstborn.

If you please!!!

LJ.

See..the insanity has overtaken me!!
1st July 2004 12:56 PM
telecaster I wish they would call it "I'm Drinking Bourbon Again"

1st July 2004 12:59 PM
Moonisup
quote:
2Kman wrote:
"Pillars of Society" will be released in November. It is hot, best work since Some Girls. The disc is almost complete.

Chuck Leavell featuring the rolling stones featuring Blondie Chaplin on guitar
1st July 2004 01:02 PM
2Kman You doubt me...... thats it I am leaving
1st July 2004 01:02 PM
Snappy McJack
1st July 2004 01:03 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
2Kman wrote:
You doubt me...... thats it I am leaving

1st July 2004 01:04 PM
jb
quote:
2Kman wrote:
You doubt me...... thats it I am leaving

I do not question either the authenticity or veracity of your statement. You are kind enough to share this inside info wiith us, and sadly, all the naysayers can do is attack you. I am here to welcome you aboard and you can count on Joey and me to keep you from harms way.
1st July 2004 01:05 PM
2Kman JB is a cool dude. Buy the album in November.
1st July 2004 01:06 PM
LadyJane I was kidding!!!!!!!

LJ.
1st July 2004 01:06 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
And I thought it would be called "Songs for Ian"

Good one!

quote:
See..the insanity has overtaken me!!

Hey, that's another idea for a title: "Insanity"!
1st July 2004 01:08 PM
2Kman Why am I being chastised here. Remember me in November. That could be the new Kerry slogan.
1st July 2004 01:10 PM
Snappy McJack Seriously, though, the title is supposed to be "Saturday Mornin' You'll See Me at the Pub, and I Piss Away Me Money and I Can't Stand Up."

They are choosing it because "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit's Sooooooooooo Very Lonely, You're 2000 Liiiiiiiiiight Yeeears from Hooooome" didn't make much sense.
1st July 2004 01:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
2Kman wrote:
Why am I being chastised here. Remember me in November. That could be the new Kerry slogan.

Forgive us 2Kman...we are all in such bad shape from lack of Stones news that we have may have lost our manners!!

Welcome to the asylum!!!

LJ.
1st July 2004 01:12 PM
jb
quote:
2Kman wrote:
Why am I being chastised here. Remember me in November. That could be the new Kerry slogan.

2kman, people are often threatened by those who have superior knowledge or information . On this board, many claim to be "insiders", yet, when push comes to shove, they have failed missrably when it comes to having a so-called "scoop". Obviously, when you were generous enough to share the new album information with us, some reacted like pavlovian dogs and went on the attack out of their own insecurities. I for one shall except what you have told us and appreciate what you attempted to do for the board. God Bless Ya!!!
[Edited by jb]
1st July 2004 01:12 PM
Monkey Woman C'mon, 2Kman, we're just kidding! You know this is RO, the best nuthouse on the 'Net...
1st July 2004 01:13 PM
2Kman Yo snap, remember when they announced the Licks tour and Mick said something about becoming pillars in some society, but couldn't find any society that needed pillars. Keith got the idea then.
1st July 2004 01:13 PM
Snappy McJack How unoriginal would it be for them to use a lyric from a song that was written in 1977-1978?

Funny how they have the name of the album before they've even hit the studio together, unless they've got that pretty well secluded.

Oh yeah, to the board, 2KMan.
[Edited by Snappy McJack]
1st July 2004 01:16 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
2kman, people are often threatened by those who have superior knowledge or information .

We are a bunch of doubting Thomasses. Stone us!

quote:
On this board, many claim to be "insiders", yet, when push comes to shove, the y have failed missrably when it comes to having a so-called "scoop". Obviously, when you were generous enough to share the new album information with others, some reacted like pavlovian digs and went on the attack out of their own insecurities. I for one shall except what you have told us and appreciate what you attempted to do for the board. God Bless Ya!!!

Pavlovian Digs... The title of the new album?

BTW, Josh, you know that it's not so much "insecurity" that "reasonable doubt" which prompts that reaction... The part about "many claim to be insiders" is giving you away!
1st July 2004 01:16 PM
gimmekeef You know I'm so starved for Stones material that even though I know this is probably another false start...GOD I JUST WANT TO BELIEVE IT ANYWAY!...ooops just woke from my daydream....back to work I go!
1st July 2004 01:22 PM
Monkey Woman Mick at the blimp press conference: "It's either tour or become pillars of the community. And we don't know any community needing pillars!"

True. The reference to the Respectable song comes also to mind of course...
1st July 2004 01:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think the new album should be called, simply..."Pussyfart".

Can you imagine the great TV and radio ads for an album called "Pussyfart"?

Just think of the glorious cover art!

Massive billboards on Broadway and the Sunset Strip proclaiming "Pussyfart" is coming!

The Queen would have to take back the knightship she gave Mick! All because of a Pussyfart!

40 Licks followed by Pussyfart....

All the talking heads at the propaganda channels would be forced to say "Pussyfart" during newscasts!

And the press conference! Just think of the possibilities!

Oh oh oh!!! The STAGE for the tour! Just think of what could be done with a stage for the "Pussyfart World Tour 2005"!

How Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-licious!
1st July 2004 01:55 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I think the new album should be called, simply..."Pussyfart".

Can you imagine the great TV and radio ads for an album called "Pussyfart"?

Just think of the glorious cover art!

Massive billboards on Broadway and the Sunset Strip proclaiming "Pussyfart" is coming!

The Queen would have to take back the knightship she gave Mick! All because of a Pussyfart!

40 Licks followed by Pussyfart....

All the talking heads at the propaganda channels would be forced to say "Pussyfart" during newscasts!

And the press conference! Just think of the possibilities!

Oh oh oh!!! The STAGE for the tour! Just think of what could be done with a stage for the "Pussyfart World Tour 2005"!

How Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-licious!

"God Save the Queef"
1st July 2004 01:56 PM
Main Offender Album title: "We're Cheap So We're Billen Ian".
1st July 2004 03:49 PM
Some Guy Blank Friggin Stare out the window with mouth open and drool slithering down.
1st July 2004 03:51 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I do not question either the authenticity or veracity of your statement. You are kind enough to share this inside info wiith us, and sadly, all the naysayers can do is attack you. I am here to welcome you aboard and you can count on Joey and me to keep you from harms way.

What he said !

Word .
1st July 2004 03:54 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Blank Friggin Stare out the window with mouth open and drool slithering down.

That's a great title.
Page: 1 2