ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Brian
© Retna with thanks to Gypsy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Vote~!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
June 28th, 2005 10:13 AM
jb http://music.aol.com/feature/summer_music_2005_main/battle_of_the_bands_classic_rock.adp
June 28th, 2005 10:18 AM
scratched Oh dear, Macca is winning 53% to 47%. This will not do.
June 28th, 2005 10:20 AM
Joey

MACCA is leading ........

.........( I voted for Mick )

June 28th, 2005 10:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
http://music.aol.com/feature/summer_music_2005_main/battle_of_the_bands_classic_rock.adp

the results have disappointed me, it appears that the "usual suspects" have voted for macca, i have voted for Jagger just now.
June 28th, 2005 10:21 AM
Joey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

i have voted for Jagger just now.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 28th, 2005 10:28 AM
LadyJane NO WAY in Hell is Macca going to beat Mick. I'll vote continually all day!!!

LJ.
June 28th, 2005 10:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Typical of that f#@kin' macca!!! Vote him down.

McCARTNEY 'DEMANDED' TOP SPOT AT LIVE 8

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY reportedly only agreed to perform at the Live 8 concert in London on Saturday (02JUL05) after organisers agreed to let him open and close the charity extravaganza.

The former BEATLE insisted on being top of the bill and told SIR BOB GELDOF he would "think seriously" about taking part, if not granted his requests, according to reports.

McCartney will open the gig with an adapted version of SERGEANT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND - reworded to praise Geldof's achievements - and end it with The Beatles ballad LONG AND WINDING ROAD.

Organisers were left with a tricky diplomatic job appeasing the top acts performing at London's Hyde Park - U2 star BONO was determined to get his fair share of the limelight, and will be allowed to share the stage with McCartney to duet on the opening track. Both stars will wear the military suits the Beatles wore on the Sergeant Pepper album cover.

A Live 8 source tells British newspaper the DAILY MAIL, "Some of the more fragile egos are upset. Bono, in particular, was quick to demand a share of the opening number and sees what he was done politically over the years as a bit more relevant to Live 8 than what Paul has to offer.

"These are the biggest rock stars around. Whatever order they sing in there is going to be friction."

A spokesperson for McCartney says, "Bob asked him if he would do it and he is delighted to be taking part in such an important event."

contactmusic
28/06/2005 02:04

June 28th, 2005 10:30 AM
scratched No matter how many times I vote, Macca is still winning by 6%.
June 28th, 2005 10:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Macca will never be as Famous a Lenon and that really pisses him off.
If it were beatles versus stones, stones would win
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
June 28th, 2005 10:36 AM
CS Most of the on-line polls have IP filters so no matter how many times you vote, it will count as one
June 28th, 2005 10:39 AM
scratched Oh OK, cheers!
June 28th, 2005 11:17 AM
Joey

" Organisers were left with a tricky diplomatic job appeasing the top acts performing at London's Hyde Park - U2 star BONO was determined to get his fair share of the limelight, and will be allowed to share the stage with McCartney to duet on the opening track. Both stars will wear the military suits the Beatles wore on the Sergeant Pepper album cover. "

' THE TWO ' will top both these acts .

Word !

J!
June 28th, 2005 11:21 AM
glencar It's still 53% to $7%. Macca's crowning achievement is "Yesterday" vs. Jagger's "Satisfaction." This must be a Euro poll!
June 28th, 2005 11:41 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

" Organisers were left with a tricky diplomatic job appeasing the top acts performing at London's Hyde Park - U2 star BONO was determined to get his fair share of the limelight, and will be allowed to share the stage with McCartney to duet on the opening track. Both stars will wear the military suits the Beatles wore on the Sergeant Pepper album cover. "

' THE TWO ' will top both these acts .

Word !

J!

the WHO?

If by "The Two" you mean "The Sex Pistols", then I agree - Macca and Bono in their poncy Pepper suits will look like, er...what would SS say? Oh yes...TWATS...and the Sex Pistols will bury them.
June 28th, 2005 11:49 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

If by "The Two" you mean "The Sex Pistols", then I agree - Macca and Bono in their poncy Pepper suits will look like, er...what would SS say? Oh yes...TWATS...and the Sex Pistols will bury them.

On a cold , blustery January night back in 1977 at the " Speakeasy " in London , The Sex Pistols informed ' The Petey ' that when everything was all ' said and done ' and they had completely ' devestated ' all the other bands , it was THE WHO that The Sex Pistols would leave ' standing ' .

..............." The Petey " was quite disturbed at this prospect and promptly got very drunk and passed out in a Soho Doorway that evening ( Thus , the inspiration for " Who Are You ?!?! " )

Word !

J ! ™

June 28th, 2005 11:53 AM
glencar That's the most interesting thing I've read this morning although I'm about to take a look at the latest genuis post from 'maumau.'
June 28th, 2005 12:01 PM
ListenToTheLion I predict Macca will win...
June 28th, 2005 12:06 PM
glencar Macca has indeed upped it to 54%. This is so humiliating!
June 28th, 2005 12:07 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
NO WAY in Hell is Macca going to beat Mick. I'll vote continually all day!!!

LJ.

I won't go near anything AOL. I'm very dissapointed in AOL users lackluster Stones support. I will not be attending any AOL Stones events this year!
June 28th, 2005 12:29 PM
Jaxx i just voted for jagman but macca is still ahead 52% to 46%
June 28th, 2005 12:36 PM
glencar Is there a link on Shidobeeeee? Jagger needs all the votes he can get!
June 28th, 2005 12:40 PM
stewed & Keefed Voted Jagger
June 28th, 2005 12:44 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is there a link on Shidobeeeee? Jagger needs all the votes he can get!

don't know, but the link is on IORR...still 54% for Macca
June 28th, 2005 12:47 PM
Jaxx
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is there a link on Shidobeeeee? Jagger needs all the votes he can get!

its an aol link. i don't know if non members can access it:

http://music.aol.com/feature/summer_music_2005_main/battle_of_the_bands_classic_rock.adp
June 28th, 2005 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

its an aol link. i don't know if non members can access it:

Welcome Back Jaxx!!! Joey said he would be greeting you in Denver if Quest does not come through!!!
June 28th, 2005 01:49 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Welcome Back Jaxx!!! Joey said he would be greeting you in Denver if Quest does not come through!!!

W- W- W- W- What ?!?!

www.HackWriters.com

June 28th, 2005 01:54 PM
glencar I have gone to Shidobeeeee & posted a thread. Let me know if the tide changes. I'm off to the salt mines...
June 28th, 2005 02:01 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have gone to Shidobeeeee & posted a thread. Let me know if the tide changes. I'm off to the salt mines...

Hey man... Lady Jane just posted about grains of salt, are you the connection for it. I need some to be able to understand Josh...
I'm loking for a few ounces or at least a nice rail to get me started.

June 28th, 2005 02:02 PM
glencar !
June 28th, 2005 02:05 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
!

You're worth your weight in cocaine!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)