ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy Father's day Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th June 2004 10:25 AM
jb As a proud father of two(2) amazing boys, I would like to wish a happy father's day to my fellow "Rock's-Off" dads'.
18th June 2004 10:32 AM
parmeda Oh absoultely, jb!

To all of the proud Papa's...Have a wonderful Father's Day
18th June 2004 11:51 AM
shakedhandswithkeith thanks JB.

I enjoyed my FIRST fathersday here in Europe 3 weeks ago.
did I already postet, that my daughter ELISA was born on april 21st? If not, just did it!!
18th June 2004 11:51 AM
jb
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
thanks JB.

I enjoyed my FIRST fathersday here in Europe 3 weeks ago.
did I already postet, that my daughter ELISA was born on april 21st? If not, just did it!!

Congratulations!!! Enjoy!!!
18th June 2004 11:59 AM
stewed & Keefed Thanks jb.
I also have two amazing sons.
18th June 2004 12:02 PM
Nellcote Happy Father's Day to all
I won the lottery with children
of having a boy and a girl!
When thinking of having more children
I am often reminded there are no other types...
Upward and onward!
18th June 2004 12:13 PM
Lazy Bones As a father of two, Happy Father's Day everyone!
18th June 2004 01:46 PM
Jaxx
18th June 2004 01:51 PM
scope Nice picture perfect way to spend the day Jaxx. And, to top it off with some pie would be delightful.

Happy Father's Day to all my fellow RO fathers
18th June 2004 02:18 PM
Jaxx
quote:
scope wrote:
to top it off with some pie would be delightful.

the ultimate father's day gift!
18th June 2004 02:23 PM
LadyJane Happy Father's Day to all the RO Daddies!! Your children are very, very lucky!!

LJ.
18th June 2004 02:46 PM
Moonisup yes very cool I have 2 sons, and 8 daughters, and they all like me!

Happy fathersday to the fathers over here
18th June 2004 03:12 PM
Lil Raging Goat Happy? Barwf noting happy wen yur fateh was used to mak glu and all I get was a pak of marboro reds and a 6 pak of muontian dew
18th June 2004 04:06 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yes very cool I have 2 sons, and 8 daughters, and they all like me!

Happy fathersday to the fathers over here

Wow! 10 Kids! You and the wife must have a helluva job taking care of all of them.

You definitely deserve some TLC this weekend!
18th June 2004 08:19 PM
mac_daddy word up! happy father's day to all the proud papas on the board.

19th June 2004 01:21 AM
MarthaMyDear My Heart Belongs To Joey

I used to fall
In love with all
Those boys who call
On young cuties
But now I find
I'm all inclined
To keep my mind
On my duties
Since I've begun to share
In such a sweet love affair

Though I'm in love, I'm not above
A date with a duke or a caddie
It's just a pose, 'cause my baby knows
That my heart belongs to Joey

When some good scout, invites me out
To dine om some fine fin and haddie
My baby's sure, his love is secure
Cause my heart belongs to Joey

Yes my heart belongs to Joey
So I simply couldn't be bad
Yes I'm gonna marry Joey
Jo-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-ey
If you feel romantic laddy
Let me warn you right from the start
That my heart belongs to Joey
And my Joey belongs to my heart

Track Title: My Heart Belongs To Joey

Prime Artist: Ella Fitzgerald (covered later by Marilyn Monroe, among others)
Written by: Cole Porter (C. Albert P.)
Orchestra: Chick Webb (William Henry W.)

From the Show: Leave It To Me 1938 (S)

www.thepeaches.com/music/

Photo Credit: MarilynMonroe.com

*** Martha ***

[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
19th June 2004 03:21 AM
MarthaMyDear And, happy Father's Day to you, also, JOSHY!!!

I Say A Little Prayer
(Dionne Warwick)

The moment I wake up
Before I put on my makeup
I say a little prayer for you
While combing my hair, now
And wondering what dress to wear, now

Forever, forever, you'll stay in my heart
And I will love you
Forever, forever, we never will part
Oh, how I'll love you
Together, together, that's how it must be
To live without you
Would only be heartbreak for me

I run for the bus, dear
While riding I think of us, dear
At work, I just take time
And all through my coffee break-time

And I will love you
Forever, forever we never will part
Oh, how I'll love you
To live without you

And I will love you
Forever, forever we never will part
Oh, how I'll love you
To live without you

My darling, believe me
For me there is no one
But you ....

Capote with Marilyn Monroe in El Morroco in 1954. Monroe was Capote’s choice to play the part of his famous lead character, Holly Golightly. She was to him, "A beautiful child."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like to confuse people... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol.... :P As if you couldn't tell... lol......... LOL!!!!!!!! :P lol... HAPPY FATHER'S DAY AND CHEERS!!! TAKE CARE, JOSHY!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
19th June 2004 05:29 AM
Monkey Woman Happy Father's day to all the fathers on the board -- and elsewhere! A special mention to the members of the Rolling Stones, fathers of some remarkable offspring!
19th June 2004 06:09 AM
Water Dragon Happy Father's Day to those who care for their offspring...and don't require a court order to do it!

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/health.cfm?id=697312004
[Edited by Water Dragon]
20th June 2004 07:55 AM
Monkey Woman Happy Father's Day to the fathers of Rock 'n' roll!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/ae/content/auto/epaper/editions/sunday/arts_entertainment_041d5bef2091000700bf.html

"The dads of rock and roll

By Leslie Gray Streeter, Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Sunday, June 20, 2004

This being Father's Day, we'd like to send a holiday shout-out to the rock 'n' roll dads. So wise. So patient. So, uh, half-naked in those leather trousers dancing the Tawdry Tango across the stage with that chick young enough to have been baby-sat by his own children.

As any edition of E! True Hollywood Story or VH1's Behind The Music can attest, rock music is full of funky, freaky fellas, many of whom happen to be somebody's father.

Most of these dudes started out in the business as young, childless hottieboys on the threshold of greatness, sometimes rocking, drinking, smoking and shagging around the clock. And they probably didn't consider that one day, all of Little Rock Star Jr.'s 10th-grade algebra classmates would know about Daddy's little altercation with customs officials over certain "souvenirs" from the Amsterdam tour, or just what his tattoos mean.

While some musicians seem to have taken to fatherhood just swimmingly, the behaviors of others make you wonder whether you shouldn't be sending the kids gift certificates for therapy or the name of a good book agent for the Mommy Dearest-esque tell-all they're destined to write one day.

Here are some of popular music's most colorful dads -- the good, the bad and the murderous (which is, obviously, bad as well.)

1. Ozzy Osbourne: This one was pretty obvious, huh? Teenagers who never knew of Ozzy's bat head-biting, body fluid-swilling, Alamo-urinating heyday might not understand how weird the premise of The Osbournes seemed to the rest of us. What's even weirder is that watching him sweetly navigate domesticity from the haze of his former chemical exploration, he comes off as a lot more stable and likable than his bratty kids.

2. Mick Jagger: The Mick is one of the fathers of modern rock 'n' roll and the stadium concert tour as we know it. He's also the father of seven kids with four different mothers, two of whom were the subject of paternity suits against him. Eventually, both mothers proved their cases and got Satisfaction.

3. Steven Tyler: Proof that rock-star shenanigans of youth sometimes have a happy ending, the pillow-lipped Aerosmith lead singer didn't know he was the father of former girlfriend Bebe Buell's daughter Liv (who was raised as the kid of Todd Rundgren, yet another rock star). But ever since, he's apparently now a big part of actress Liv's life. He and his band even made the ultimate sacrifice -- contributing syrupy/cool rock ballad I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing to the God-awful mess that was Liv's stupid Armageddon, which turned out to be the only decent part of the flick. That's love, people.

4. Marvin Gay Sr.: OK, so this one's not a musician who's a dad, but the father of a musician -- the alcoholic ex-minister father of legendary singer Marvin Gaye (the famous Marvin added the "e" to the family name). Allegedly never approving of his son's career, the elder Marvin fatally shot his troubled, drug-addicted son in April 1984, with a gun Marvin Jr. had given his father for protection. Thus, he broke the hearts of millions, spawned at least two weepy tribute songs and ensured than any future Motown specials were going to be sorely lacking.

5. Tommy Lee: Every time I see an interview of the tattoo-riddled former Motley Crue drummer and his on-again, off-again wife Pamela Anderson talking about the sex swing in their living room, or walking the red carpet in various states of couture undress, or in snippets of that... uh... informative honeymoon tape, I imagine their kids having to be reminded of all this during, say, their Senate confirmation hearings or college admission interview.

6. Lionel Richie: On a very special Oprah, Nicole "Simple Life" Richie revealed that she began drinking and drugging as a kid because she felt abandoned when her parents split in a very ugly, public fracas and father Lionel "Dancing On The Ceiling" Richie left to marry the woman he'd been having an affair with. Oprah even fussed him out! And you know what Lionel did? He -- get this -- admitted he'd been wrong, hugged his daughter, told her he should've been there and that he was proud of her career.

Yay for him! But I must ask: He's proud of her career? Has he seen The Simple Life?
20th June 2004 08:33 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Happy father's day to all the rocking dads here and everywhere, specially to Mick "Mr. Bunny Jagger" with at least 5 sons and 4 daughters with a total of two grandsons and 3 grand daughters

20th June 2004 08:37 AM
Monkey Woman 5 sons??? 3 grandsons? There's a lot more than what we've heard... I thought the "Peruvian bastard" threads were a joke?

Oh, and that pic is hilarious! "Father" Jagger? Yeah, right! Thanks for the laugh, Gerardo!
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
20th June 2004 09:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
5 sons??? 3 grandsons? There's a lot more than what we've heard... I thought the "Peruvian bastard" threads were a joke?

Yes the Peruvian ex-bastard (Memo Costecho) and his children and the Mexican bastard (Agapito Tragas)

And under investigation...

20th June 2004 01:14 PM
Monkey Woman Oh yeah, I forgot the Mexican one!
20th June 2004 02:00 PM
Monkey Woman Some more pics of the Stones kids:

Leah Wood - great style!

Mick, Jerry and daughters a few years ago:

20th June 2004 02:53 PM
MickShagger [quote]Water Dragon wrote:
Happy Father's Day to those who care for their offspring...and don't require a court order to do it!

Amen!

Happy father's day to all of you incredible Stone's daddy's!

20th June 2004 04:48 PM
gypsy Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads here.
Hope you all have a great day.
And, Voodoo, if your daughters draw you some cool Stones pics, post 'em.
I bought my dad a really cool boxing book...but it hasn't arrived yet.
Here's a Stones-related Father's Day blurb I just found:

"Happy," the Rolling Stones: When Keith Richards sings, "Never wanna be like papa/Workin' for the boss every night and day," he reminds us of the valuable lesson that we should all want our children to do better than we have. He also suggests that if you happen to run into a prancing martinet of a blues singer just ambling around the London School of Economics, it would be imprudent not to ask if, say, he wouldn't like to start up a rock 'n' roll band.

[Edited by gypsy]
20th June 2004 09:33 PM
jpenn11 To all fellow RO Dads: I hope you've had a great Father's Day.
21st June 2004 04:50 PM
Joey

HAPPY HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21st June 2004 05:01 PM
glencar Happy Fathers' Day!

Jpenn, pm me.
Page: 1 2