ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

La ñonga stone! With thanks to Gypsy...
© Someone... wait a minute LOL
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many 'rockers' go to Stones gigs? Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th June 2004 05:32 AM
Monkeytonkman just a quick thought. now don't jump down my throat or anything man, but i was watching the Stones on telly last night and it got me thinking about the last time I went to see them with my mate in London.

now me and my china are into our rock music, although for me the stones are number one, I still love all rock bands from AC/DC to ZZ Top.

The crowd at a lot of stones gigs seems to be made up of mostly partisan, mainstream middle of the road people. Whereas if you go to see a band, say like Maiden, or aerosmith, thereres always a lot more of what you would call 'rockers' old tour t-shirts, long hair, beer bellies etc.

now I know the major argument is that the Stones cross generational and appeal to a huge cross section of society, but why is there always, in my opinion, a distinct lack of hairy assed bums at the gigs?
18th June 2004 07:26 AM
egon
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
but why is there always, in my opinion, a distinct lack of hairy assed bums at the gigs?

check at the beer stands...

seriously; i always enjoy the fact that there are so many different types of people.
you have the bikers, hardrockers, lawyers, students, grandmoms/dads, families, kids, assholes, hippies and of course me; king of the universe.

as long as the assholes stay away from me, i have a good time. but in the end i don't really care what kind of people are there to see the boys.
as long as i have a good time, all is well.
18th June 2004 08:13 AM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
egon wrote:

check at the beer stands...

seriously; i always enjoy the fact that there are so many different types of people.
you have the bikers, hardrockers, lawyers, students, grandmoms/dads, families, kids, assholes, hippies and of course me; king of the universe.

as long as the assholes stay away from me, i have a good time. but in the end i don't really care what kind of people are there to see the boys.
as long as i have a good time, all is well.

That's right, even in the 60s you would get Mods and Rockers going to watch the stones.
18th June 2004 09:56 AM
F505 The most disturbing fact is that there are people who go to a concert and talk during the entire show with other visitors who likewise don't come for the music. You can spot them at the beer stands or near the toilets. Even The Stones attract these kind of idiots. Afterwards they tell everyone it was a great show....
18th June 2004 10:02 AM
jb Rockers attending Stones show..lol!!! Not since 81 IMO..Mostly old farts who would enjoy themselves just as much at an Al Jareua show ....we undoubtedly have the worst audiences in music...
18th June 2004 10:09 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Rockers attending Stones show..lol!!! Not since 81 IMO..Mostly old farts who would enjoy themselves just as much at an Al Jareua show ....we undoubtedly have the worst audiences in music...

Interesting analysis... Al Jarau the talking labia
18th June 2004 10:12 AM
sirmoonie Way to many fucking lawyers at Stones shows, IMHMFO.
18th June 2004 10:12 AM
jb Typical Stone fan overwieght, balding, cell-phone talking during entire show, bathroom break during Keith's set, does not know any songs but the hits, when leaving states "Macca's show was better"....
18th June 2004 10:19 AM
parmeda lol..jb, you need to start broadening your attendence to different arenas other than southern Florida!

*HINT*
18th June 2004 10:20 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
lol..jb, you need to start broadening your attendence to different arenas other than southern Florida!

*HINT*

http://emergencydispatch.tvheaven.com/
18th June 2004 11:20 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Typical Stone fan overwieght, balding, cell-phone talking during entire show, bathroom break during Keith's set, does not know any songs but the hits, when leaving states "Macca's show was better"....

That's also my experience! Not to forget the fact the average age is 52...
18th June 2004 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

That's also my experience! Not to forget the fact the average age is 52...

I'm 41 and feel like a baby compared to the old farts I see at the show...I would say average age 50-56....and they wear Sperry Topsiders with jeans like it was the early 80's in college...complete wankers...
[Edited by jb]
18th June 2004 12:18 PM
polksalad69 Rockers, Aerosmith, Maiden, funny stuff.

18th June 2004 12:37 PM
Jaxx as the band's image has morphed from rebellious drug taking sexually manical bad boys/anti establishment to pop mainstream mass culture (with a sir title (taboot)) so has the audience. a natural progression i guess.

i remember going to my first stones show in the early eighties and drinking tequila w/those hairy ass types on bikes. one of them kept yelling "bring on mick the stick" now the last stones show i attended last time the boyz hit the mile high city, i got stuck sitting w/corporate suits in overpriced seats on the club level of the pepsi arena--

18th June 2004 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
as the band's image has morphed from rebellious drug taking sexually manical bad boys/anti establishment to pop mainstream mass culture (with a sir title (taboot)) so has the audience. a natural progression i guess.

i remember going to my first stones show in the early eighties and drinking tequila w/those hairy ass types on bikes. one of them kept yelling "bring on mick the stick" now the last stones show i attended last time the boyz hit the mile high city, i got stuck sitting w/corporate suits in overpriced seats on the club level of the pepsi arena--

Exactly, I remeber in 75 , 78 and 81 bikers circling the Stadium and people literally overdosing in line...those were the days!!!
18th June 2004 12:48 PM
F505 The "I remember thing" is exactly what old farts do....
18th June 2004 12:51 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
The "I remember thing" is exactly what old farts do....

18th June 2004 01:07 PM
Jaxx
quote:
F505 wrote:
The "I remember thing" is exactly what old farts do....

oh waa. should my feeling be hurt? i may be an old fart by your standards, but i sure don't look or act like one.
18th June 2004 01:10 PM
Soldatti Rockers, Rockers?

Not much since 1981-82. Now the Stones audience is very standard and diverse (from 20-60 years old) but not are too much rockers.
The Rockers now are listening Metallica, Aerosmith and stuff like that. Also some new metal bands.
18th June 2004 01:12 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

No just joking. I am 40 and i am feeling old when I discover many posters on this board enjoy Undercover, Dirty Work et cetera but on the other hand I feel like a youngster while I am standing in between the balding, overweighted, cell-phone talking, beer drinking farts who attend Rolling Stones concerts these days.
18th June 2004 01:15 PM
Jaxx good job redeeming yourself.
18th June 2004 01:16 PM
polksalad69
quote:
F505 wrote:

No just joking. I am 40 and i am feeling old when I discover many posters on this board enjoy Undercover, Dirty Work et cetera but on the other hand I feel like a youngster while I am standing in between the balding, overweighted, cell-phone talking, beer drinking farts who attend Rolling Stones concerts these days.

Didn't know anyone enjoyed those lps anymore.
18th June 2004 01:20 PM
Bloozehound What's so criminal about "beer drinking" at a Stone's concert ?
18th June 2004 01:25 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
What's so criminal about "beer drinking" at a Stone's concert ?

i don't see anything criminal about drinking beer at a stones show. i've done worse than that.
anyway, criminal is not the issue. fan genre is.

18th June 2004 01:27 PM
F505
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

i don't see anything criminal about drinking beer at a stones show. i've done worse than that.
anyway, criminal is not the issue. fan genre is.

What did you do that was worse than beer drinking Jaxx????
18th June 2004 01:30 PM
Jaxx
quote:
F505 wrote:

What did you do that was worse than beer drinking Jaxx????

dropped purple microdot. smoked a hoochie or two. nothing too exciting.
18th June 2004 01:31 PM
F505
18th June 2004 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Imade out with a hot blonde and she touched my groin at the same time.
18th June 2004 01:53 PM
Jaxx
quote:
F505 wrote:

you got it!
Blurry Drunk

quote:
jb wrote:
Imade out with a hot blonde and she touched my groin at the same time.

leave it to you to find a multi-tasker.

Smiley Gone Wild
[Edited by Jaxx]
18th June 2004 01:54 PM
jb Nice emoticons Jaxx!! Where did you find them?
Page: 1 2