ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ Unknown Author with thanks to Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Todays Mick T Header Return to archive Page: 1 2
15th June 2006 02:20 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
ChrisM wrote:
Is this photo from the Nicuragian Benefit?

Iīm not sure if itīs from the 01/18/73 Forum concert but itīs definitely from one of the Jan/Febī73 "Winter Tour" shows (and not from 1972).
15th June 2006 04:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick taylor, as any Stones fan knows, made such a significant impact in his short tenure with the band. He added both a hard rocking sound as well as beautiful melodies which really enhanced what Mick and Keith were doing. God bless Mick T!!!

Words of wisdom bro!
15th June 2006 04:07 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Words of wisdom bro!

You always have paid MT the respect he deserves. Too many people seem to inconveniently forget what this man meant to the band at that time. Yes, I love Ronnie and he may have very well kept this thing going, but lets never forget the magic that was MT!!! God Bless you Voodoo!!!
[Edited by jb]
15th June 2006 04:12 PM
Saint Sway this pic of MT kinda reminds me of Rich Robinson.

coincidence?

I think not!
15th June 2006 04:14 PM
jb I really enjoy the Crowes and they certainly pay their dues to the Stones.
15th June 2006 04:18 PM
Saint Sway They worship the Mick Taylor era.
15th June 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
They worship the Mick Taylor era.

I have seen them 4 times....unfortunately, the last was opening for Petty and they were a little distant.
15th June 2006 10:54 PM
Soldatti Beautiful pic.
15th June 2006 11:45 PM
stoneslib The pic is actually from one of the 3 Hawaii 1973 shows, definitely not 1972. Robert Knight photographed Seattle and Hollywood in 1972 and MT and Charlie weren't attired like what we see above in 1972.

Harold
[Edited by stoneslib]
16th June 2006 12:10 AM
Zack [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
I will be charitable and say he was pulling his weight until the VL tour.

That's too charitable. Ronnie was barely audible in 89.
16th June 2006 02:28 AM
ShaneJazz For those who remember: what was the general reaction from diehard Stones fans when Ronnie was tabbed to replace Mick? Imagine if there was a Rocks Off board back then? Can you imagine the arguments?
Mick T should always be given the utmost respect from Stones fans. He arrived at a very tenuous time for the band, and under his influence, the band was galvanized to another level. Some of his licks are like poetry transformed to guitar, it is quite hard to explain.
[Edited by ShaneJazz]
16th June 2006 02:54 AM
PeerQueer Sadly, Mick grew fat. That is a no-no for any real Stone. When Brian started to get fat, Keith had to have him killed. Mick was left off easy...

Skinny hard bastards till the very end...
16th June 2006 07:59 AM
Maxlugar [quote]PeerQueer wrote:
Sadly, Mick grew fat. That is a no-no for any real Stone. When Brian started to get fat, Keith had to have him killed. Mick was left off easy...

Bobby Keys, Daryl Jones and Lisa Fischer better watch their backs.
16th June 2006 08:09 AM
gypsy
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]PeerQueer wrote:
Sadly, Mick grew fat. That is a no-no for any real Stone. When Brian started to get fat, Keith had to have him killed. Mick was left off easy...

Bobby Keys, Daryl Jones and Lisa Fischer better watch their backs.

word
16th June 2006 08:25 AM
LadyJane gypsy???

gypsy???

Is that really you????

We have MISSED you my dear.

We need to chat tonight, Sistah.

xx00
LJ.
16th June 2006 08:31 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Gypsy! Great to hear from you, the board is not the same... this board is empty without you
16th June 2006 08:37 AM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
I had no idea he was Jewish!

Mick Taylor is JEWISH?

He should lay off the schmaltz!

Mick Taylor was the second most talented sideman the Stones ever hired, after Nicky Hopkins.
16th June 2006 08:58 AM
gypsy
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
gypsy???

gypsy???

Is that really you????

We have MISSED you my dear.

We need to chat tonight, Sistah.

xx00
LJ.

Yes, it's really me.
We shall chat tonight, Sistah!
16th June 2006 09:00 AM
gypsy
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Gypsy! Great to hear from you, the board is not the same... this board is empty without you

Thank you, Voodoo...I'll bare my breasts to you.
I am flattered. Good to know I was missed.
16th June 2006 10:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
16th June 2006 10:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Đ 1972 Robert Knight with special thanks to Gypsy
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)