ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
Š 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Songs that remind you of something Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 16th, 2005 01:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sentimental value. For me one song comes to mind first and I suppose I could name many others, is Rasberry Beret by Prince. The summer of 85, just before I "went back to school". Had a great time, studied, fell in love with a married woman (which I will never do again...there's a first and last time for everything LOL.) got really drunk, had a great time. But I remember that song because I was working in the parks that summer. Every time I hear that song I remember that summer. My mind just kind of floats to those memories.
June 16th, 2005 01:22 PM
gimmekeef I remember hearing Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison the day it was released and thinking for sure it was the Stones!...Laugh at myself everytime I hear that song now!!
June 16th, 2005 01:35 PM
MrPleasant Oh Mercy (the whole album), from Dylan.

It takes me back to 1989, when I was completely naīve about the world (I still am, but everything is relative) and about people; happy, transfixed with material commodities and sentimental detachment. Weird, because the record is not about this.

"Things have changed", indeed.
June 16th, 2005 01:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
, fell in love with a married woman (which I will never do again...there's a first and last time for everything LOL.)

Actually there's Stones song that reminds me of her. Harlem Shuffle. Only because when we were in bars that was the newest Stones single on the juke box at the time.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
June 16th, 2005 02:04 PM
Saint Sway one of the fondest memories I have comes on whenever I hear "The Jack" by AC/DC.

just hearing the opening chords of that song I am instantly transported back to a few weeks ago in a suite in Las Vegas watching two strippers slamming each other ass-to-ass, double pumping a two-way dildo.

ahhh.... good memories
June 16th, 2005 02:30 PM
Joey " Had a great time, studied, fell in love with a married woman (which I will never do again...there's a first and last time for everything LOL.) got really drunk, had a great time. "

Married ..... Divorced ..... Engaged ...... Widowed ...... Single .....................

Makes no difference ........................

|
|
|
V

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JACKY !

June 16th, 2005 02:36 PM
jb Prince, to some, is a musical genuis. To others, he is a short.
June 16th, 2005 02:38 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Prince, to some, is a musical genuis. To others, he is a short.

I would like to nuzzle you .
June 16th, 2005 02:45 PM
CraigP Pearl Jam - ("Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town" off of the cd VS) reminds me of staring into my then-girlfriend's eyes, slow dancing, with a sad curiosity or like a knowing that we would break-up some day which, at the time, we would have sworn would never happen.
This was at a Pearl Jam concert at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, MA in the summer of '03.
Before the show started we dashed past the security, over a bunch of seats and near front row!
June 16th, 2005 02:50 PM
jb You make me feel like dancing(Leo Sawyers)-reminds me of first gay encounter.
June 16th, 2005 02:53 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
You make me feel like dancing(Leo Sawyers)-reminds me of first gay encounter.

YOU had a gay encounter?

...oh, please do tell!
June 16th, 2005 03:09 PM
jb
June 16th, 2005 03:20 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:

You're confused about what?

Either someone tried fudge-packin' ya, or took a grab at your rip-cord.

Which was it?
June 16th, 2005 03:22 PM
jb
June 16th, 2005 03:26 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

You're confused about what?

Either someone tried fudge-packin' ya, or took a grab at your rip-cord.

Which was it?

I accidently went into a gay club on Biscayne Blvd. in Miami...that song was playing....No one grooped me, but they were ready. I left and went to the corrct bar, the Bannana Boat a block due South.............
June 16th, 2005 03:30 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I accidently went into a gay club on Biscayne Blvd. in Miami...that song was playing....No one grooped me, but they were ready. I left and went to the corrct bar, the Bannana Boat a block due South.............

I love that story ......

!!!!!!!!!
June 16th, 2005 03:33 PM
jb Funny stuff..ho, ho, ho(in ED McMahon voice)
June 16th, 2005 03:34 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
You make me feel like dancing(Leo Sawyers)-reminds me of first gay encounter.

"first" gay encounter?

What were the others?

"Accidently" walked into a gay bar?

jb you know Miami nightclubs better than you know the Dolphins stats for the last 25 yrs. That was no accident, it was a sign from above

June 16th, 2005 03:36 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Funny stuff..ho, ho, ho(in ED McMahon voice)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 16th, 2005 03:38 PM
jb http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/sports/article.adp?id=20050616122409990003
June 16th, 2005 03:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm guessing the Bannana Boat is a gay bar too
June 16th, 2005 03:48 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fill me in on this guy.....................
June 16th, 2005 03:49 PM
David Illegal Smile reminds of getting an Illegal Smile.
June 16th, 2005 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Fill me in on this guy.....................

June 16th, 2005 03:58 PM
parmeda omg jb, the Banana Boat!
Is it still around?

I was in there in 1984...
It was flaming I tell ya, FLAMING!

(...and I had the most fun )
June 16th, 2005 04:02 PM
Joey
quote:
parmeda wrote:
omg jb, the Banana Boat!
Is it still around?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 16th, 2005 04:06 PM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
omg jb, the Banana Boat!
Is it still around?

Did they play "Relax" by Freddie Goes To Hollywood?
June 16th, 2005 04:12 PM
parmeda no tele, actually there was a lot of Prince being playing.

Go figure...
June 16th, 2005 04:16 PM
Nellcote All Stones albums during the '70s bring a major grin to my face...which all involve all of the majority themes the Stones represent...
June 16th, 2005 04:34 PM
Nellcote Does that dog work for Dish Network?
You should really turn him south for best reception..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)