ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Kicking the tour off babies!
First show of the tour and live debut for Rocks Off
Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver BC - June 3, 1972
© 1972 Globe Photos / Rex Features - With thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie's ex-wife Krissy found dead Return to archive Page: 1 2
June 14th, 2005 07:54 AM
Gazza Daily Mirror
June 14th, 2005 07:57 AM
Gazza 14 June 2005
RONNIE'S EX DIES IN BED AT 57
By Fiona Cummins
ROLLING Stone Ronnie Wood's first wife Krissy has been found dead at 57.

The body of the 60s beauty was discovered in bed at 7.30am on Saturday by friends with whom she had been staying.

It is understood she died during the night and police are not treating the death in Barnes, South West London, as suspicious.

Krissy Wood was mother to Ronnie's son Jesse, 28, to whom she was exceptionally close. She was planning to move to Glastonbury to be near him, his model wife Tilly Boone and her three-year-old grandson Arthur.

Jesse once said: "I grew up with my mum. I didn't see too much of my dad's wild days. I was spared all the rock 'n' roll excess."

An insider commented: "He will be horrified."

Reformed alcoholic Ronnie, 58, was still married to Krissy when he fell for second wife Jo, who he wed in 1978. He said: "We'd drifted apart, though we have stayed friends since."

A postmortem is being carried out.

[Edited by Gazza]
June 14th, 2005 07:58 AM
Factory Girl Very sad news. Can someone post a pic, please?
June 14th, 2005 08:07 AM
FotiniD

Krissy's the girl on the right.
Very sad news.
June 14th, 2005 08:25 AM
Jumacfly I' m so sad for Jesse, hope the family will be ok..
June 14th, 2005 09:15 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ROLLING STONE WOOD'S EX-WIFE DIES

ROLLING STONE guitarist RONNIE WOOD is in mourning after learning his first wife has died of a suspected drug overdose.

Ex-model KRISSY WOOD, who has a 27-year-old son with the START ME UP rocker and was married to him from 1971 to 1978, was found dead on a sofa in a friend's London flat.

Friends believe the newly-single 57-year-old accidentally overdosed on Valium she was taking to combat her depression, writes British newspaper THE SUN.

Pal FIONA CAREY tells the publication, "Krissy was really upset - as low as I have ever seen her.

"I woke up and saw her slumped on the sofa. I rang (emergency number) 999. The ambulance crew said it looked like an overdose.

"She has died far too young."

Ronnie is said to be "devastated" by the news.

14/06/2005 03:17

June 14th, 2005 09:18 AM
Madafaka Sad news...
June 14th, 2005 09:18 AM
J.J.Flash May the good Lord shine a light on Krissy and the family. Rest in peace.
Krissy had a wonderful smile.
June 14th, 2005 09:20 AM
Joey

What a Tragedy .........

R.I.P.

Jacko ! ™
June 14th, 2005 09:21 AM
Nellcote Chin Up Ronnie!
We are thinking of you....
June 14th, 2005 09:34 AM
gypsy
June 14th, 2005 09:36 AM
FPM C10 Very very sad, and an ill omen. Death seems to follow Stones tours. Hope Ronnie doesn't fall off the wagon. I'm sure he needs a drink.

June 14th, 2005 09:37 AM
egon
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
I'm sure he needs a drink.

Don't we all!
June 14th, 2005 09:38 AM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Very very sad, and an ill omen. Death seems to follow Stones tours. Hope Ronnie doesn't fall off the wagon. I'm sure he needs a drink.

I could use a drink ..............and you ?!?!

Gypsy : Down Girl !!!!

" Johnny Had the Drinking Problem Ronnie ! "

Flacky Carson!

[ Edited by Bubbles ]

[Edited by Joey]
June 14th, 2005 09:47 AM
gypsy With Christopher Simon Sykes at his photo exhibit on the Rolling Stones September 10, 2003 in Surrey, London, England. (Photo by Bruno Vincent/Getty Images):

With her husband at Sykes' Rolling Stones photo exhibit in Surrey, London, England on September 10, 2003 (Photo by BrunoVincent/Getty Images):
June 14th, 2005 09:56 AM
gypsy
June 14th, 2005 10:30 AM
Maxlugar Very sad.

Ronnie's gonna get sh*t faced tonight for sure!

June 14th, 2005 01:06 PM
kath i hope ronnie doesn't react that way...that would be a double tragedy.
June 14th, 2005 02:10 PM
HellsRollingThunder God Bless Krissy. What a tragedy and a terrible shame.
I hope they find out the cause of her demise. Maybe it was a
heart attack who can say? I sure hope it was not suicide or an
accidental overdose. She may have also experienced undisclosed
health problems. I am so sorry to hear about that, she was always
so pretty no matter what age she was. RIP Krissy.
June 14th, 2005 02:22 PM
moy so sorry she was very nice
June 14th, 2005 02:53 PM
Child of the Moon Definitely sad news. Best wishes t Krissy's family ans friends, and especially to Ronnie.
June 14th, 2005 07:21 PM
Soldatti Sad news, god bless her.
June 15th, 2005 09:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the header to remember Krissy

RIP Krissy

Rest in Peace - Krissy
© 1975 Associated Newspapers Archive
June 15th, 2005 04:26 PM
Saint Sway as Ronnie says.... "well you should of been buried alive. Cuz yer far too pretty to die."

a sad loss
June 15th, 2005 04:54 PM
Saint Sway I remember reading in Ronnie's art book by Bill German that Krissy was the one who introduced Ronnie to Keith.

apparently they were in a restaurant and Ronnie was too shy to go up and meet his idol. Krissy kept nudging him but he couldnt get up the nerve. When Keith left the restaurant Krissy ran out in the street and dragged Keith back in to introduce them.

In fact, I believe it was from that initial meeting that he got Keith to come play on I've Got My Own Album To Do. And Keith wound up crashing at Woody's for like 6 weeks or something. And the rest is Stones history.

sounds like a good woman!
June 15th, 2005 05:06 PM
The_Worst
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I remember reading in Ronnie's art book by Bill German that Krissy was the one who introduced Ronnie to Keith.

apparently they were in a restaurant and Ronnie was too shy to go up and meet his idol. Krissy kept nudging him but he couldnt get up the nerve. When Keith left the restaurant Krissy ran out in the street and dragged Keith back in to introduce them.

In fact, I believe it was from that initial meeting that he got Keith to come play on I've Got My Own Album To Do. And Keith wound up crashing at Woody's for like 6 weeks or something. And the rest is Stones history.

sounds like a good woman!

What year was that? In 25X5 Ron said he said hi to the Stones before the Hyde Park concert in 1969. Did this happen before that?
June 15th, 2005 05:08 PM
Saint Sway this was after Hyde Park. In the early 70s. Bw Exile/Goats I believe.
June 15th, 2005 05:24 PM
gypsy All the books I have claim that Keith met Krissy at a club or something, and she brought him home with her to the Wick to meet Ronnie. Keith apparently had no idea she was Ronnie's wife, and had other intentions. When they got to the Wick, Jagger and Ronnie were there together, and Krissy introduced Keith to Ronnie. According to the books I've read, Ronnie and Mick were writing IORR together during that time frame.
June 15th, 2005 06:35 PM
Gazza that story is in Sanchez' book
June 17th, 2005 12:06 AM
gustavobala brazilian MTV says in "overdose"....god! this time!?

it´s true? or just a silly!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)