ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Internet heroes: Angiegirl, Frank and Strange_Stray_Cat
Vision Zukunftspark, Oberhausen - June 13, 2003

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Olympia Stadion, Munich - June 6th - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
06-06-03 05:23 PM
montana de nada ha sido un poco estressando porque esta al mismo tiempo poniendo las fotos en mi board...y tambien en shidoobee... pero merece la pena!! son increibles..

lour
06-06-03 05:24 PM
LadyJane Lour...do you realize HOW much we LOVE YOU!!!!!!?????

THANK YOU!!!!!

LadyJ.
06-06-03 05:40 PM
Riffhard Wow! LRR on the B-stage coupled with MR! Ya gotta love that! Ofcourse thanks to Montanna and SHWK,and it goes without saying,thanks to the greatest Stones site on the web Rocks Off!

Riffhard
06-06-03 05:54 PM
shakedhandswithkeith hi folks,

Keith is back, I never saw him in better!!!!

He played very strong the whole show, he was in form of his life! on the way to the b-stage he "shakedhands..." to every second hand, made a very good "Sliping Away" (of course withe the moon on the videoscreen) and "Happy" (with Ronnie on slide). a perfect acoustic gitare on "WIld Horses" and you can`t believe that this guy ever had an drug problem.......

It was very easy to get a good place in the "front of stage area" a half hour before the show.

The B-Stage set was the best I`ve ever seen.

The crowd was standing, clapping and singing the whole show

Now I have to take a shower!!!!!!

ROCK `N ROLL WILL NEVER DIE!!!
06-06-03 05:58 PM
Lazy Bones Montana, SHWK and Gazza...unreal. Your collective work is appreciated!!!

Thanks!
06-06-03 06:01 PM
sonicrock montana gazza shake hands A +++++++
i ve got to get ready for the bercy and stade de france show to do as well sonicrock.
06-06-03 06:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot You know, I just noticed....it's very strange to know that the Stones just got done playing....and it's daylight outside.

I feel like it's midnight already.

I'm off to check out the reformed Yardbirds. Boy, am I in for second best tonight. But it's all I got.
06-06-03 06:17 PM
~AzQb
quote:
montana wrote:

mmm don't think....me is me...hahahaha and that's all

here's another shot..i think i havent post it before

"I tell yah loooooooooooooooooooove Sistah
it's just a kiss away..."

Luverly!

thanks!

~
06-06-03 06:37 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Rocks Off==the next best thing to being there!!!

My thoughts exactly, LJ!!!
All thumbs up for Montana, SHWK and Gazza! What a team!
06-06-03 07:20 PM
tumbling_dice Wow!!!!!!!! Great pics Lour!!!! Thanks guys, this is almost like being there...
06-06-03 08:26 PM
Angiegirl Really cool pix, and I must say I'm relieved Keef does something with his guitar again. Wednesday he looked puzzled at his instrument sometimes. Great, they just needed to warm up. I just don't understand they didn't take a longer rehearsal period. Anyway, on with the show . Very much looking forward to see next Sunday's setlist, reviews and pix.
06-06-03 09:15 PM
mac_daddy thank you for the wonderful pictures...

the setlist kicks ass - how sweet is Rambler on the B stage? the other two selections are no slouches, either...

what did you all use to snap those pics? did you use your phone or a digital camera? what model, brand, etc..?

I was thinking, those cells that snap shots could come in real handy at a place that says "no cameras." I just thought the resolution would suck...

Today's pictures are excellent, and I would like to know what equipment was used to make them.

Thanks.
06-06-03 09:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Rambler onna B-Stage...

ohhhh my heart's poppin' thinkin' of it.

-tSYX --- Awww don't do that...
06-06-03 10:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
what did you all use to snap those pics? did you use your phone or a digital camera? what model, brand, etc..?

Today's pictures are excellent, and I would like to know what equipment was used to make them.

She didn't take those pix, they are from Yahoo news etc, I thought?
06-06-03 11:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
She didn't take those pix, they are from Yahoo news etc, I thought?

Yes all those pix are from Yahoo and Yahoo Deutschland, they use to upload pix sooner than anybody else, the press photographers are allowed to shoot only during the first two songs, then they leave. So all those pix are from the first two songs, in this case Brown sugar and You got me rocking

Sometimes thay stay by their own or go backstage and then shoot at the end or during the encores
06-07-03 03:58 AM
montana morning...here's another pic from YAHOO news

cheers, lour
06-07-03 05:56 AM
Madafaka Awesome setlist!
Thank you very much guys!
06-07-03 06:07 AM
Jacques GREAT work !!!
thanks to you 3 guys
06-07-03 06:39 AM
RubyFriday A short review from me. It�s noon the next day...sittin� here in the heart of Munich - a very relaxed city in Stones fever.To say it first - It was a very good show,but not an excellent.Beautiful,hot weather and a great athmosphere around the stadium,beer gardens with lots of Stones music,all the unique,extravagant people,you always (only) see at Stones concerts.People placing them around the lake and stadium in this nice Olympic area to listen to the Concert outside.I waited and the prices from the scalpers sank from minute to minute.30 minutes before the concert I got a FOS ticket for 50�,could have got also a normal field ticket for 25.But it was time....hard enough to get FOS now.The security was very tight - americans ! I told them,I�m not Bin Laden,but obviously they were�nt convinced,I guess.But,okay..........I had a Shidobee sticker,so Onehit and Youcantcatchme from RocksOff contacted me.Was great to meet you,guys.....sorry,I lost you after the B-stage.Thanks to YCCM who handed a setlist to me before (!) the concert.Was a new experience to know what�s coming next.
I was just in and 10 minutes later the concert started with a good BS.The first 4 songs were good and the crowd was on it�s feet......I liked Don�t Stop......Though there is still something I miss in this track.Rocks Off was�nt good.....not synchrone .The first half was dominated by Ronnie ,Keith was sleeping somewhere in the corner.......With his set he was waking up.It�s great to be here ,it`s great to be anywhere....well,okay.....Slipping away was great,one of his songs ,he does very good.During Sympathy I walked already to the B-stage and was close up 2 meters.I was standing right behind Charlie - dressed in black,with fire red socks ....was great to watch him play so near for the first time.He had some troubles with the sound coming as an echo from the main stage,he was joking about it all the time with Darryl.The B-stage set was great , besides the sound problems.LRR was just ok,but IORR and MR were marvelous.Never before I was so pleased with the Warhorses set....they went up to great form at least and finally they got the crowd.
Resuming ,it was a good show,but I hope they can do it better.The sound was�nt brilliant,though better than in the beginning.Mick(talking a lot of german),Charlie and Lisa as great as always.Ronnie-first half and Keith -second half were okay,but not much of the famous weaving.The athmosphere was also great and hot....still 20� C after the show.Now I�m looking forward to Zirkus Krone and I�m sure ,I will see the real Stones.
06-07-03 07:22 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Goddamn it, Keith had better stay awake and Ronnie'd better let him do it!

What if they switched up the setlist such that Keith was forced to do one of his signature numbers ("Gimme Shelter", "Jumping Jack Flash") earlier? You might have a night or two of horrid sound, but I think that might wake him up.

Ahh, it's just the first two nights, though, and next up's the first club show. These shows sound surprisingly like the first few Boston shows - uneven, with Ronnie carrying Keith through a few numbers. Let's hope they remember how damn good they were playing earlier this year before this leg ends...

-tSYX --- I need a love, to keep me happy...
06-07-03 07:34 AM
luxury1 Wow--this internet stuff is fucking great. Thanks for all the reports and pics. It's killin' me tho......
06-07-03 05:46 PM
RubyFriday yes....luxury...I agree...internet is really fantastic,if I didn�t know it before,I would have noticed it now here in Munich,unbelievable how many informations I got during my travel.

I got my wristband for Zirkus Krone today and I�m looking forward to a great day.I heard from some sources that they sold several tix this morning at the counter for 50�,hope some of you were under the lucky ones.Munich is fucking hot,lol in every meaning....and I mean what I say
06-09-03 09:07 AM
jaggergurl Man, they are looking SO GOOD....I am in severe withdrawl....but it is always good when the band's onstage and it's one of those days
06-09-03 01:02 PM
jb Was the stadium full?
06-09-03 02:52 PM
erikjjf Pretty much, yes
06-10-03 04:42 PM
moy pix from rs.com by jake cohl

06-10-03 05:28 PM
steel driving hammer Thanks Moy!
Page: 1 2 3

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003