ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: opening night, opening song Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 30th, 2005 06:24 PM
JAK I know their have been various posts on this message board as to what song the stones should open with. personally, I think the perfect song to open the tour with is One hit to the body. It's a song that I don't think has been played live since the Steel Wheels tour in '89 and has a killer opening riff. What does everybody else think?
May 30th, 2005 06:36 PM
Tom If the stones make a list of 50 options to open a show I'm sure "One Hit" won't be there
May 30th, 2005 07:43 PM
Matt Lacroix honky tonk women wold be the best.
brown sugar would be ok
but i hope not SMU agan.
May 30th, 2005 07:50 PM
CraigP Oh No, Not You Again should be the opener.
May 30th, 2005 08:11 PM
Steel Wheels Honkey Tonk followed by a groove-filled Tumblin' Dice, then Oh No! Not You Again!, Going To A Go-Go...
May 30th, 2005 10:44 PM
corgi37 How about "Money (thats what i want)".
May 31st, 2005 01:07 AM
T&A One Hit would be a horrendous to pick for any slot, especially the opener. One of their worst songs, ever, IMO.
May 31st, 2005 01:19 AM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:
One Hit would be a horrendous to pick for any slot, especially the opener. One of their worst songs, ever, IMO.

Agree.

Sorry folks, nothing from Dirty Work will be played.

Thankfully.

Though I admire the Dirty Work fans Optimism! Keep Dreamin friends!!
May 31st, 2005 01:48 AM
Dutch Michael D. i hope it's Under My Thumb this time, but it probably will be Satisfaction or JJF, or SMU.....
May 31st, 2005 04:13 AM
erikjjf Sympathy or HTW.
May 31st, 2005 04:23 AM
Poplar
I've been feeling Sympathy ever since the tour was announced.
May 31st, 2005 05:21 AM
marko paint it black
May 31st, 2005 05:31 AM
IanBillen
Maybe America the Beautiful would be a nice selection.

or the old Menudo classic Like a Cannon ball would be really cool.

Ian
May 31st, 2005 06:46 AM
Surround Sister I dont think One Hit... is such a bad choice.

But I´d prefer ON,NYA! or another solid rocker
- gladly a Berry tune - like "Don´t (Ya) Lie To Me",
"Bye, Bye Johnny" or "Memhis Tennesee". Or maybe
best: "Around & 'round".
May 31st, 2005 08:28 AM
Nasty Habits Not that I'm endorsing it, but the smart money this year is on It's Only Rock and Roll.

May 31st, 2005 08:30 AM
gimmekeef Every tour starts with either Mick or Keith alone center stage...How about a mind boggling change up...Lights dim..wild music blaring...then one bright white light shining on the drum kit...then Charlie hits the opening beats of Paint it Black!
May 31st, 2005 09:23 AM
Gimme Shelter I think its either going to be Paint It Black or Sympathy For the Devil
May 31st, 2005 09:30 AM
Jumacfly winning Ugly...
May 31st, 2005 10:15 AM
Jumping Jack Joe If they open with a song that they never opened with before my money is on SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL, PAINT IT BLACK or GIMME SHELTER (with that extended intro that they used on the last tour). If they use a song that they have used before (which was what happened on the NO SECURITY and 40 Licks Tour) I would bet my money on UNDER MY THUMB or HONKY TONK WOMEN. I love ONE HIT TO THE BODY but I don't think it stands a chance of opening the show. Not enough people would recognize it plus it's not exactly in demand.
May 31st, 2005 11:25 AM
tumbling dice sympathy in stadium and honky tonk women in arena
May 31st, 2005 12:40 PM
GhostofBrianJones I have a question. I have never been able to get tickets to a
Rolling Stones concert before. Do they ever play much of their
old 1960's music? Like Around and Around or It's All Over Now
or Time is on My Side? And then work their way up to the present?
I wonder how they select the songs to perform at their concerts?

Another question. Can Ronnie Wood actually sing? Or is he just
a guitar player? I really do not know very much about him but I
do like Ronnie. Absolutely love his drawings and etc. They
are beautiful. Thanks.
May 31st, 2005 01:50 PM
sammy davis jr. They really need to bust out with....IINDIAN GIRL. That'll get the crowd going. Then Keef can go into his Hoagy Carmichal routine.
May 31st, 2005 02:24 PM
Jumping Jack Joe I think there's a possibility they'll open with STREET FIGHTING MAN again. They only used it as an opener on about 1/4 of the shows on the last tour.
May 31st, 2005 04:10 PM
CHIEFMOON If 'twas me,
the opener might be "HIGHWIRE".
May 31st, 2005 08:57 PM
violentkind
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Every tour starts with either Mick or Keith alone center stage...How about a mind boggling change up...Lights dim..wild music blaring...then one bright white light shining on the drum kit...then Charlie hits the opening beats of Paint it Black!

I like this one.
May 31st, 2005 10:07 PM
Soldatti I think that they will open with Honky Tonk Women the first night.
May 31st, 2005 10:12 PM
Bitch It's Only R&R
or
Honky Tonk Woman
or (old faithful)
Start Me Up
June 1st, 2005 12:06 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 Honkey Tonk Women gets my vote.
June 1st, 2005 12:20 AM
Dan If I had to guess I would say You Got Me Rocking.
June 1st, 2005 12:26 AM
T&A Dan - if you're right - I'll stay in the parking lot an extra 3 minutes and down another beer. I hate (true hatred) that tune...
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)