ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where are they now? They have vanished again....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 27th, 2005 04:09 AM
IanBillen
Where are they now?
A day after the press conference was the last anyone has spotted them or known of their where abouts.

If they are recording\involved in mixing\choosing artwork on the new album somewhere it has been kept 100% quiet. We knew about Micks place and the sessions they were doing there but now it seems they totally vanished again.

Anyone have any tid-bits or blurbs. Are they even still in the country?

Ian
May 27th, 2005 04:21 AM
FotiniD It's the calm before the storm Ian, let loose
May 27th, 2005 05:42 AM
ListenToTheLion Don't panic.
May 27th, 2005 05:56 AM
Poplar
Chill baby.

May 27th, 2005 06:34 AM
Nellcote Ian, did you score ducats?
May 27th, 2005 07:53 AM
gimmekeef They're busy counting the money....
May 27th, 2005 12:20 PM
Matt Lacroix i heard after the conference, they finished up a video for Oh No Not You Again, and now they're in Paris finishing up the album
May 27th, 2005 01:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Where are they now?
A day after the press conference was the last anyone has spotted them or known of their where abouts.

If they are recording\involved in mixing\choosing artwork on the new album somewhere it has been kept 100% quiet. We knew about Micks place and the sessions they were doing there but now it seems they totally vanished again.

Anyone have any tid-bits or blurbs. Are they even still in the country?

Ian

why shouldnt it be kept quiet?

I've never heard of a band releasing updates from a recording session before...
May 27th, 2005 02:40 PM
Dan 1. Reading Cohl's hourly reports on ticket sales and plotting the tour past 2005

2. Pre pre production for the tour (stage design etc)

3. Looking at merchandise prototypes

4. banging supermodels

5. Finding someone to feed the cats and water the plants for a year

6. Nervously awaiting pregnancy test results

7. Looking at Billboard and picking more opening acts

8. Choosing the catering menu for the tour

9. Yelling at Cohl for charging "only" $450 for tickets.

10 - 457. Various other tour and supermodel related activities

458. finish the album
May 27th, 2005 02:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yo Gazza, I just read in today's local broadsheet that Continental Airlines now has DIRECT flights from Belfast to Newark!
May 27th, 2005 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

lol:

PRESS RELEASE:

Today at 12:34 PM Keith Richards took a shit. He will then wipe his ass, wash his hands and proceed to scratch his balls.

Our sources indicate that he may have dinner tonite as well.

Stay tuned for more updates as to his daily wherabouts.
May 27th, 2005 03:49 PM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:

Gazza,
I know that much. I mean I figured isomething may of leaked out or they may of been spotted at the airports or coming from a studio undercover or something.

Ian
May 27th, 2005 03:55 PM
glencar Usually the French on this board have gossip of that sort. Ian, you need to get to the bottom of this!
May 27th, 2005 03:56 PM
Nellcote We need to here from SERGI, he was the mole during LICKS.
His information was "spot on"..
May 27th, 2005 04:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

Yo Gazza, I just read in today's local broadsheet that Continental Airlines now has DIRECT flights from Belfast to Newark!

dont I know, my boy!! certainly makes those NY trips a lot quicker. The off-peak prices arent bad, although for September its still a bit hectic
May 27th, 2005 04:25 PM
glencar This year the USA will be a bargain for all you guys. How bad is the price in Sept?
May 27th, 2005 04:25 PM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
We need to here from SERGI, he was the mole during LICKS.

considering who he was, thats no surprise!! Didnt he change his name to HandofFate though?

He was indeed a great source of info
May 27th, 2005 05:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I think Woody and Keith have locked themselves in a secret room someplace practicing and mastering their instruments, 16 hours a day-seven days a week.
May 27th, 2005 06:07 PM
glencar But will that be enough time?
May 27th, 2005 06:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
But will that be enough time?

LOL. Let's hope so.
May 27th, 2005 06:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
This year the USA will be a bargain for all you guys. How bad is the price in Sept?

yeah its a bargain when we get there which is a major plus at the minute. Its still cheaper for me to fly via London, though (much more competition on that route). Its just a pain in the arse with transfers

High season ends a few weeks after the Stones are in NY unfortunately. I think when they play again in NYC in January, its something like £120 ($220 or so) cheaper from here - basically about 25%!
[Edited by Gazza]
May 27th, 2005 06:55 PM
glencar Plus with 2 shows at MSG, you're likelier to get those tix. The ones for the Beacon & 1 MSG show will go quickly.
May 27th, 2005 07:05 PM
Gazza thats what I'm banking on

If I can get Beacon tickets, I'll probably go over in September and do the other two shows as well while I'm there. Even though I didnt buy Giants tickets and wont try and acquire MSG Sept tickets either until after Beacon goes on sale. I'll just try and get a pair as extras from others and hope for the best.

If I cant get beacon tickets, I'll do January instead of those 2 MSG shows are happening. Two arena shows are much more of an attractive proposition than 1 arena and 1 stadium.
May 27th, 2005 07:11 PM
glencar Yes indeed. I skipped Giants this year in the hope of getting tix to the otehr 2 shows. I'm going to 3 other stadium shows so there's just no way I can stomach NJ again.
May 27th, 2005 08:38 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Are they even still in the country?

Ian

Yes. They are. Depending on who you ask of course, but they'll be in a country for sure.
May 27th, 2005 09:37 PM
Soldatti Ian, you will hear news about the new album very soon, if the album is out in August the press release will be in early July with the first single a couple of weeks after.
Look here:
Press release for B2B in 1997: August 18th; ASMB radio debut: August 31th; B2B release date: September 30th.

Press release for 40 licks in 2002: August 12th; DS radio debut: August 26th; 40 Licks release date: September 30th.

Draw your own conclusions.
May 27th, 2005 09:50 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
We need to here from SERGI, he was the mole during LICKS.

DAMN STRAIGHT-SERGI(I BELEIVE)WAS RELATED TO CHARLIE..BUT HE WAS OUR MOLE..
May 28th, 2005 12:50 AM
wgwalsh The boys are taking a break before the flood gates open.

Wouldn't be a bit surprised if they had rekindled their relationship with Mick Taylor by baking some brownies. This can be very relaxing and great physical therapy for the fingers. Although it appears as if MT has been over indulging in the brownie department for quite some time.
May 28th, 2005 02:30 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

DAMN STRAIGHT-SERGI(I BELEIVE)WAS RELATED TO CHARLIE..BUT HE WAS OUR MOLE..

His nephew, I believe. Unfortunately, that admission drove him undergronud - did we ever hear much from him after that?
May 28th, 2005 02:41 AM
IanBillen [quote]Soldatti wrote:
Ian, you will hear news about the new album very soon, if the album is out in August the press release will be in early July with the first single a couple of weeks after.
Look here:
Press release for B2B in 1997: August 18th; ASMB radio debut: August 31th; B2B release date: September 30th.

Press release for 40 licks in 2002: August 12th; DS radio debut: August 26th; 40 Licks release date: September 30th.

Draw your own conclusions.

I think by the second week in June we will have an album title at least. Hopefully the album will be out in late July-early August. A single via the radio in early July sounds about right.

Ian
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)