ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
June 14, 1991
© 1991 Associated Newspapers Archive
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Live Aid II 'set for Hyde Park' RUMOURED STONES APPEARANCE 2ND JULY 2005! Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 17th, 2005 05:05 PM
JaggerLips http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4554865.stm

It's a rumour that's all it is but it could become reality!
May 17th, 2005 05:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4554865.stm

It's a rumour that's all it is but it could become reality!

already been a couple of threads on it in the last couple of weeks and Geldof himself dismissed it as rubbish

The Stones will NOT be playing a show in London on that date. No way.
May 17th, 2005 05:48 PM
charlotte hopefully Gazza has put this issue to rest as in 10 feet under...
May 17th, 2005 07:44 PM
Soldatti I heard that the main act for Live Aid 2 will be Eminem.
May 17th, 2005 08:28 PM
glencar They'll be in Toronto getting ready for the tour.
May 18th, 2005 08:45 AM
Private Godfrey I'm sure they will do this, The stones are active, there is no better time how could they refuse twice...Bob Geldolf loves the boys and will put the pressure on. At the very least we'll get another Dancing In the Street !!!
May 18th, 2005 12:36 PM
Dan I dont really think they need 6 weeks lead time for the tour. They could easily show up and do a few songs just like the press conference. 1985 each band got 15-20 mins. It would also be great publicity for the tour and they could show they can do more with their music rather than just line their own pockets (the promo value of such an event not withstanding)
[Edited by Dan]
May 18th, 2005 05:01 PM
Saint Sway I am probably all alone in saying this...

but I'd love for Keith, Dylan & Woody to close the show again
May 18th, 2005 09:25 PM
Soldatti Maybe a surprise mini set with 3 songs?
May 18th, 2005 10:41 PM
corgi37 Lord help us!
May 20th, 2005 07:44 AM
Steel Wheels The Stones will headline the Philadelphia Live Aid. Mark my words!
May 21st, 2005 02:38 PM
JaggerLips What's with the No It Won't Happen Attitude?
Four to six songs would be great for a Live Aid II in Hyde Park! The Stones have so much history with Hyde Park so it will be there they choose to do a gig!
Sorry I just want them to do more stuff in the UK and less stuff in America that's all.
We Brits love them to death because they are ours!!!
Would love Mick to do Dancing in the Street with David Bowie again.

Any news on David Bowie anyone?? What's he up to?
May 21st, 2005 04:43 PM
glencar Wow oh wow! People want to see another "Dancing in the Streets"?!? I thought I was the ONLY one!
May 21st, 2005 04:52 PM
JaggerLips
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow oh wow! People want to see another "Dancing in the Streets"?!? I thought I was the ONLY one!

You have to be kidding of course you not the ONLY one!

Thought that was such a sexy duet, you know the video, well I so wanted them to kiss it was unbelievable! There is a part where they get so close!!!!!!!!!!
Sick aren't I?
LOVE JAGGER AND BOWIE TO DEATH!!

"There is no Hell, and there is no shame, there is no Hell like an old Hell " 'The Motel' on the Outside album (David Bowie)
May 22nd, 2005 10:18 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 The Rolling Stones playing there in July would be cool. Would also be a site to see Rod Stewart and Ronnie Wood playing also.
May 22nd, 2005 11:50 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I am probably all alone in saying this...

but I'd love for Keith, Dylan & Woody to close the show again

no - i'm with you on that one
May 23rd, 2005 05:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
JaggerLips wrote:
What's with the No It Won't Happen Attitude?
Four to six songs would be great for a Live Aid II in Hyde Park!

because the Stones DONT have a history of doing those sort of all-star charity shows.

I cant think of any time when they did such an event and came on and played an abbreviated set like you mentioned.

They also rarely do one-off concerts and at the time this show is scheduled they'll probably be too involved with finishing their album and will have had inadequate time to rehearse for it
May 23rd, 2005 06:05 AM
MRD8 Tim Ries and Bernard Fowler will be playing shows in Japan from 7-3 to 7-7 so I doubt they will be at Hyde Park on 7-2....
May 23rd, 2005 11:37 AM
Gazza now I'm seriously almost about to piss my pants with laughter....

How sillier can this get?
May 23rd, 2005 11:43 AM
Gazza The only way in which the Stones and any member of Oasis will be sharing a stage will be in the event of Keith's guitar being embedded so far up Liam's arse that he is unable to extract it in time and has to play his set with the mouthy twat dangling from the neck of it in mid air.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 23rd, 2005 11:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Gazza .................................

" Acoustic Groove " will be performing this weekend at The Brazen Head .... Meghan , Clive & Shannon will all be working so everyone wants to know EXACTLY what time you plan on arriving . The place MIGHT be a little ' thin ' as it will be a Holiday Weekend but you never know ....

Clive plans to begin pouring your pint fifteen minutes before your ETA .

Developing ................................................

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! .....Oh , sure ! :

www.brazenheadpub.com

2005 Schedule
May 27th & 28th The Brazen Head

June Saturday, 4 Brouliette party (Private)

Thursday, 16th WOWT Concert Series, Gene Leahy Mall 11am-1pm FREE-ALL AGES!

Friday, Saturday, 17th & 18th Figby's

Friday, 24th David & Jill party (Private)

Jacky !

my birthday weekend Joey and I have a gig to go to Saturday so it might be a tight schedule this week I'm afraid
May 23rd, 2005 11:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
Joey wrote:

Shannon is looking forward to drinking with you again but I'm afraid Meghan is a bit ' tempermental ' these days .

time of the month I guess!
May 24th, 2005 08:03 PM
glencar You are linking to "maccareport.com"? Howe odd.
May 25th, 2005 11:13 AM
Matt Lacroix did anyone here go to LiveAid?
May 26th, 2005 09:09 AM
egon the stones might no perform, but guess what....
the spicegirls will reunite for this special event!
May 26th, 2005 12:10 PM
justinkurian Bob Geldof Confirms Plans for Concert

Live Aid founders Bob Geldof and Midge Ure confirmed Thursday they are planning a star-studded concert to fight poverty in Africa — but insisted it wouldn't be Live Aid II.

Rumors have swirled for weeks that a Live Aid sequel featuring megastars like Madonna, U2, Paul McCartney and a reunited Spice Girls will be held in Hyde Park in early July, days before leaders of the world's richest nations meet for a G8 summit in Scotland.

"There's never going to be a Live Aid II," Geldof said Thursday at the Ivor Novello songwriting awards ceremony in London, "but there's something brewing."

"It's big. And it's as petrifying as the build up to Live Aid, if not more so," he said. "We'll have all the biggest names we can find. But it's not just about big names, it's about making a point."

Geldof and Ure raised millions for Ethiopian famine victims with the legendary 1985 Live Aid show. Geldof has continued to campaign against poverty in Africa, and Prime Minister Tony Blair has made aid to the continent one of the key themes for Britain's leadership of the G8 this year.

"Once more into the breach," Geldof said. "What started 20 years ago is coming to a political point in a few weeks.

While details remain under wraps, one star confirmed he would be participating.

"Bob called me up and said I was doing it," Sting said at the Novello awards. "He doesn't ask you, he tells you."
May 26th, 2005 02:23 PM
gimmekeef Sounds like Bob is using this possibly to make a political statement.The Stones will have nothing to do with it if thats the case.Bad timing anyway....
May 26th, 2005 02:25 PM
gimmekeef Even if it was Live Aid 2....or some other charity...seems kinda odd to be playing for a cause one day..Then charging $450 a ticket the next....
May 26th, 2005 10:34 PM
corgi37 Gee, how surprising. U2 are gonna play.
May 27th, 2005 10:57 AM
Matt Lacroix i actually felt like taking the plane over to see it, but the Spice Girls, hope people throw shit at them when they perform.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)