ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Bang by TT!
Radrennbahn Weisensee, East Berlin, German Democratic Republic - 13th August 1990

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best shows from last year!?? Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-18-03 12:56 PM
marko So far,what i�ve been listening carefully,very carefully.
The best shows so far are,in my opinion,these ones
14.10 Cleveland,,,they really hit on this nite!
14.11 san diego,absolutely ENERGETIC show
30.11 las vegas,,,,fantastic
20.9 philly
and best theatres

30.9 Roseland
8.9 boston
4.11 wiltern
16.9 aragon,,,keefs off nite!

stadiums
26.10 Atlanta,,,,absolutely killer show
12.10 detroit
8.11 frisco
18.9 philly
28.9 giants

best shows so far from 2003 are
Oklahoma
Denver
Budokan
melbourne 25.2
also 1st new york

haha anyways,,,i should tree these fuckers,since i remastered them into so fantastic quality,,,LOL,,but now i
really got no time,,,,shite!
05-18-03 01:06 PM
full moon Aragon
05-18-03 01:45 PM
luridchief >>14.10 Cleveland<<

I'm happy to say . . . I WAS THERE!
05-18-03 01:46 PM
steel driving hammer Marko have a great time travelling Europe man.
05-18-03 04:54 PM
Joey " best shows so far from 2003 are
Oklahoma
Denver
Budokan
melbourne 25.2
also 1st new york "

The 02/01/03 Denver gig at the PCenter is considered by many to be the finest performance that the Rolling Stones have EVER given ( Yes , even topping the shows on the ' 72 Tour ) .

Don't believe me ???????? Then shit , go ahead and ask those who were there with me -- Keno , Moonie , Jaxx , Nanky , MaxMeister , StonesDoug , LadyBear , Payphone Al , Syphy , etc ................................

Developing .......................

" Why didn't my Baby Steelie show up that evening Ronnie "

Jacky !
05-18-03 04:58 PM
Moonisup part of a review:

"The Denver show turned out good but not spectacular. Ron Wood seemed to be playing at a higher level tonight, on songs that have increased in their appeal such as Don't Stop and Can't You Hear Me Knocking. It seems when Keith is not having a super-magical night (he was not tonight), there is more of an opportunity for Ron to step up and excel."

ahha where you on dope Joey, everything seems better then....................

even CL
05-18-03 05:09 PM
Joey Ahhhhhh , Yeah !

MoonisUp , this is for you :

" Keith and Ronnie were truly thunderous in Denver, nailing tune after tune with ferocity like I've never seen. Keith was impeccable at carrying and holding everything together, while Ronnie was able to shine on tunes he nailed like Can't You Hear Me Knocking. It truly appeared as though everyone on that stage was having just as good a time as the 20,000 ridiculously lucky audience members were. In fact, the feel of the show was that of a club gig, not a large luxury-box-riddled arena show. This particular stop on the tour was highlighted by opening act Jonny Lang being invited out on stage to do an awesome take on BB King's Rock Me Baby. As always Gimme Shelter proved to be what it is: the best. Once the band made it out to the B-Stage to play a fast and hard cover of Muddy Waters' Mannish Boy, and give us the goods with a wicked Brown Sugar, it was apparent that even the Stones would say that Denver was a hell of way to spend a Saturday night. I won't even begin to mention the Jumping Jack Flash encore, unbelievable show. "

-- Bob Jacky !
05-18-03 05:12 PM
Moonisup haha

I can't say how it was, I was not there!!

but to hear mannish boy, that's a delight
or maybe: too much monkey bussines, or you can't catch me................
05-18-03 07:47 PM
Gazza Still waitin' on my copy of Cleveland but my personal favourite 2002 show from what I've listened to is one you havent mentioned...Oakland 12th November. Some great song selections and a great performance.

I still havent heard a stadium show to top the one I saw in Anaheim on 2nd November. Far better than the Giants Stadium show I was at 5 weeks earlier
05-19-03 01:37 AM
marko What kind of is your anaheim?mine is great,but some dude is
screaming very annoyingly during end of the show.
gazza,i�ll do you that cleveland,you won�t get better one!
05-19-03 03:11 PM
Gazza My mate Denis (hotlicks) has a copy of Cleveland for me,so its only a matter of meeting him for lunch some day!

My Anaheim copy came directly from Dan The Taper who recorded it. Its a nice enough recording of a fabulous show
05-19-03 06:22 PM
Martha I was at the Cleveland show! Yoohoo! And I was waiting very patiently, although now I am getting a bit jittery about that thanks to you Marko, on a copy of the show from a friend who is waiting on some specific artwork to add to it before he releases it to me. I am now salivating....... thanks to Marko! LOL

For me, nothing will ever top how I felt seeing the boys in Detroit on the12th of October. I was in the best state of euphoria that just kept rising as the show went on. I was in heaven. It was as if it was only me and them...the four of them Ronnie, Charlie, Mick...and Keef..who I could not take my eyes off of. I was mezmerised, energized, hypnotized....orgasmized...is that a word??? I was simply flying. It was an amazing night. One that I will truly never forget.

Glad to see it on your list Marko.

Gazza, that Anaheim show sounds intriguing!

I must flog myself for not making it to Denver with the rest of that group. Joey...I miss you!!!! Forgive me!?!
05-19-03 08:56 PM
Joey " I must flog myself for not making it to Denver with the rest of that group. Joey...I miss you!!!! Forgive me!?! "

You are forgiven my Queen .

...............Joey , Chillin' at the Manatee' Bar !

05-19-03 10:17 PM
Gimme Shelter The best shows, because I was there, were both San Francisco shows, the Oakland show, and San Jose. All four shows totally rocked!!!!
05-20-03 01:55 AM
marko San Jose was great,,,but i don�t top oklahoma,,,,its equal
to denver.Oakland had perfect set list,but,it don�t have
that killer energy,what san diego show had.I love both frisco show,i wish i was there,specially 1st night!
05-21-03 02:03 AM
littleredrooster Aragon
Wiltern
MGM1
Anaheim
Oakland
MGM2
05-21-03 02:11 AM
marko I just got an AMAZING recording of 2nd Pac Bell show.It�s
EX audience,,,,brilliant sound,so far,the best boot of this
tour!I would tree this,but i got no time now!
05-21-03 08:43 AM
Scottfree I attended Cleveland and Columbus, and Cleveland was hands down better than the Columbus show, it was like they weren't even the same band. Cleveland was incredible, the best show I've heard.......

Yours Truly,
Scottfree
05-21-03 10:38 AM
jb 10/22
1/16
05-21-03 11:25 AM
T&A Poor recording/stage mix can mar an otherwise good performance. The reverse is true, too. There are some good recordings out there of rather tepid shows.

Anyway - Cleveland is definitely the all around best recording/performance, IMO. Miami is another one not yet mentioned - very hot show and a great recording. Sadly, the MSG show was one of their worst, IMO. And, frankly the recording is piss poor for a broadcast.

Among the theater shows - Aragon is the best recording,but the poorest performance. Wiltern, Tower & Orpheum are all too close to call for best perf/recording.

And, SF#1 standsout as the best outdoor recording/performance.
05-21-03 02:31 PM
marko hey t&a,the 2nd Pac Bell i just got,you its way better in
quality what cleveland is!So far,imo,the best of this tour!
05-21-03 02:41 PM
jb The Miami show was good..I liked Ft. Lauderdale slightly better as Miami was possibly the worst crowd in their entire touring history.
05-21-03 02:44 PM
winter jb - Were the songs subtitled in spanish on the big screen for the Miami show?

How was Shaggy for an opener?

wintah
05-21-03 02:48 PM
jb Hello Winter!!! I am still not over the Fiesta Bowl rip-off and hope the former Gator Berlin can handle the big time pressure of a real football powerhouse.
Shaggy was actually quite entertaining and his dancers put new meaning into the phrase "baby got back"...The crowd, or lack thereof(maybe 12,000) was totally not into it....the bitch in front of me kept complaining that they sucked and Aerosmith was so much better...also the fat ass sucking nachos much to Keith's dismay...really a pathetic audience, yet the song selection and performance was excellent.
[Edited by jb]
05-21-03 03:18 PM
T&A Marko - you're right - I meant PBell#2 - but, I would give the nod to Cleveland over SF2 based on performance/setlist. SF2 has incredible sound, but it's pretty much a greatest hits set.

JB - regarding Miami - I know you were there; but the recording doesn't really indicate lack of crowd enthusiasm, thankfully, so it does not mar the listening experience.
05-21-03 03:26 PM
Martha Dear God..I must have Cleveland!!!!

quickly falling into withdrawal.......

shivering......

unable to develop........

must hear clevelaaan........

gasp..............

thud.
05-21-03 03:51 PM
marko Yeah Martha,you MUST get it,,,,welli remastered it very very
carefully,you can hear everything!can�t turn you loose kicks
ASS!
Also,my 1st! Pac bell is very very good one,but not even close to 2nd days quality.
T&a,i agree,,,and ofcourse,cleveland was whole lot better
performance than the 2nd pac Bell was.Even,Pac bell wasn�t
bad at all!
You should also get san diego!Keefs on fire!
05-21-03 03:56 PM
jb mARKO, WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME THE STONES PERFORMED IN hELSINKI?
05-21-03 04:00 PM
erikjjf They last played Helsinki in 1998.
05-21-03 04:02 PM
winter jb - I am finally getting over my depression over the fiesta bowl -

Sounds like Berlin isn't cutting it in spring training -

Unfortunately, we don't get much press on the canes practices up here in beantown. I still think they'll be a contender next year, and I will be down there for Tennesse and maybe UF -

wintah
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003