ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th May 2006 11:10 PM
sirmoonie I'm sorry, I really is, I know some of you think its another meager millenial output, but there is a certain crunchiness to the beat and a certain slash to the guitars in Don't Stop that I had not heard in some time.

Do yourself a favor and listen again. Jagger songcraft at a high level. Whack a 30 right here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B00006IR69/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/002-4841837-7227217?%5Fencoding=UTF8#disc_1
14th May 2006 11:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot This is gonna be a short thread!
15th May 2006 12:13 AM
the good I fear this thread will become a Gallipoli campaign for you Sirmoonie.
15th May 2006 12:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:
I fear this thread will become a Gallipoli campaign for you Sirmoonie.

History will judge my Don't Stop post. Not you, not Sir Stonesalot. History.
15th May 2006 12:17 PM
mmdog
I really dig Don't Stop. I may be in a minority, but I dig a lot of Jagger guitar riff tunes. Don't Stop, Oh No Not You Again, Hold On To Your Hat, Highwire and a little tune called Sway. Even though Sway, is the one example where I hear what Richards is talking about, when he says Jagger plays electric too harsh.
15th May 2006 12:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
there is a certain crunchiness to the beat and a certain slash to the guitars in Don't Stop that I had not heard in some time.

HILARIOUS!!!

crunchiness??? Slashing guitars??? HA!!! sounds like Moonie's been watching too much American Idol lately

seriously funny stuff!! Well done! Pat yourself on the back Moonie!! Whats next? A thread about the soulfullness of Streets Of Love?

y'all kill me
15th May 2006 12:26 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
This is gonna be a short thread!

seconded!!
although, ironically i just made it longer!
15th May 2006 12:58 PM
pdog I stopped, am I in trouble?
15th May 2006 01:00 PM
egon I long for the Paris Hilton appreciation thread
15th May 2006 01:39 PM
Factory Girl I feel a Julian Casablancas appreciation thread coming on...

He makes me all hot and googly...rotfl
15th May 2006 03:17 PM
History sirmoonie.

I judge thee to be, using a famous historical quote, "out of your fucking mind".

"Don't Stop" is quite lame, historically speaking. It's stature is quite low when compared to some of the Rolling Stones historical high points.

History hath spoken. Let it now be written in the text books, and scrolled on FoxNews.
15th May 2006 03:21 PM
sirmoonie I meant real history. Not liberal revisionist history like yourself.
15th May 2006 04:27 PM
ListenToTheLion They have written much weaker songs than Don't Stop but nevertheless it's not a highlight...
15th May 2006 04:46 PM
BILL PERKS I LIKED IT LIVE;NOT AN EARTHSHAKING TRACK LIKE ROUGH JUSTICE BUT GOOD
15th May 2006 06:34 PM
Spru I started a similar thread a month or so back and got many good reviews. I love the song. I think it's one of their best of the post-'81 era. A definite highlight of the Licks tour w/ Ronnie's guitar-cam during his solos. And for anyone dismissing it as another worthless Jagger single, compare it to Streets of Love, Biggest Mistake, and ASMB. It blows those the fuck out of the water.
[Edited by Spru]
15th May 2006 09:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Spru wrote:
I started a similar thread a month or so back and got many good reviews. I love the song. I think it's one of their best of the post-'81 era. A definite highlight of the Licks tour w/ Ronnie's guitar-cam during his solos. And for anyone dismissing it as another worthless Jagger single, compare it to Streets of Love, Biggest Mistake, and ASMB. It blows those the fuck out of the water.
[Edited by Spru]

I concur. Its the best tune since Tatoo, and rises far above the uninspired material Jagger has done recently.
15th May 2006 10:25 PM
Soldatti It's a good song, the best of the new ones on 40licks.
17th May 2006 12:13 AM
West 8 Don't stop the Don't Stop appreciation thread
17th May 2006 10:49 AM
Ihavelotsajam The only positive thing I can muster about Don't Stop is that it's the best of the 4 horrid new Forty Licks songs.
17th May 2006 10:52 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:
The only positive thing I can muster about Don't Stop is that it's the best of the 4 horrid new Forty Licks songs.

thats like being voted the coolest member of Creed
17th May 2006 01:39 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Anything is better than being Scott Stapp.
17th May 2006 07:13 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

Anything is better than being Scott Stapp.

His solo album sucks monkey balls.
17th May 2006 07:51 PM
MrPleasant I like "Too Much Blood"! Their best tune in 50 years!!
17th May 2006 08:12 PM
lotsajizz 'Too Much Blood' rawks

17th May 2006 09:51 PM
keefjunkie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I like you more and more each day
18th May 2006 02:43 PM
F505
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
This is gonna be a short thread!

I think it's a pretty long thread!
18th May 2006 03:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
F505 wrote:

And all posters return to RO sooner or later.
18th May 2006 03:34 PM
pdog
quote:
F505 wrote:

That's what she said...
Sorry, had too! There was an opening, I took it. I gambled, I lost! At least it wasn't a fart gone splatter, you konw what I mean!
18th May 2006 04:02 PM
sirmoonie This thread will get to a respectable 35-40.
18th May 2006 04:09 PM
Ronnie Richards Don't Stop is mediocre - and thus(!) representative of the post-81 Stones output..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)