ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peñaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood Anthology CD Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th May 2006 08:26 AM
erikjjf "Ronnie Wood Anthology: the Essential Crossexion" 2CD, to be released on Virgin Records in the beginning of June.

Tracklisting:

1. I Can Feel The Fire - Wood, Ronnie
2. Cancel Everything - Wood, Ronnie
3. Far East Man - Wood, Ronnie
4. Big Bayou - Wood, Ronnie
5. If You Don't Want My Love - Wood, Ronnie
6. 1234 - Wood, Ronnie
7. Fountain Of Love - Wood, Ronnie
8. Seven Days - Wood, Ronnie
9. Always Wanted More - Wood, Ronnie
10. Breath On Me - Wood, Ronnie
11. Somebody Else Might - Wood, Ronnie
12. Josephine - Wood, Ronnie
13. Testify - Wood, Ronnie
14. Whatdd'ya Think - Wood, Ronnie
15. This Little Heart - Wood, Ronnie
16. Little Mixed Up - Wood, Ronnie
17. You Strum I Sing - Wood, Ronnie

Disc: 2
1. You're On My Mind - Birds
2. You Don't Love Me - Birds
3. No Good Without You Baby - Birds
4. How Can It Be - Birds
5. Midway Down - Creation
6. Girls Are Naked - Creation
7. I Ain't Superstitious - Beck, Jeff
8. All Shook Up - Beck, Jeff Group
9. Plinth (Water Down The Drain) - Beck, Jeff Group
10. Jailhouse Rock - Beck, Jeff Group
11. Flying - Faces
12. Gasoline Alley - Stewart, Rod
13. Miss Judy's Farm - Faces
14. Too Bad - Faces
15. Maggie May - Stewart, Rod
16. Stay With Me - Faces
17. Every Picture Tells A Story - Stewart, Rod
18. Ooh La La - Faces
19. Everything Is Turning To Gold - Rolling Stones
20. Black Limousine - Rolling Stones
14th May 2006 08:29 AM
Nellcote Yes!
You Strum I Sing, the song he cut with Rod!
WICKED PISSAH!!!
Thanks for the info....
14th May 2006 10:23 AM
Gazza Excellent! I've thought a Woody compilation was long overdue as its hard to find much of his solo work in the shops, but I never imagined they'd put one together covering not only his solo career but also all the bands he's worked with.
14th May 2006 10:34 AM
gimmekeef This sounds very nice indeed.Have a fair bit but to have it condensed will be great.Maybe some remastering too?...As far as Stones content thye might have chosed Dance Pt 1...jeez maybe even the live version with Mick?
14th May 2006 11:03 AM
Rolling Stones Argen It looks cool...
14th May 2006 11:08 AM
mrhipfl Does anyone here listen to the creation much? It's one hell of a band.
14th May 2006 08:36 PM
Daethgod No Mystify Me, Act Together or Crotch Music...

Ronald !!!!!!

14th May 2006 08:48 PM
lotsajizz ALL his stuff is worth havin', but this looks like a good alternative if you're not gonna get 'em all....
14th May 2006 10:00 PM
Soldatti It will be released on June 5 in UK.
14th May 2006 10:19 PM
gustavobala i like it, i will more somethings from faces, solo, but i think is a good selection...
15th May 2006 08:02 AM
Navin Missing....

The Pineapple and The Monkey
Borstal Boys
Glad and Sorry
Sweet Little Rock and Roller
Sailor
Take a Look at the Guy
Delia/Buried Alive
FUC Her
I got lost when I found you
Now Look
Outlaws
Knock Yer teeth Out
Show Me
Must Be Love
Like it
Pretty Beat Up (Live, Slide on Live)
You really Got a Hold on Me
Seven Days (Live, 1992 Dylan Tribute)
Leaving Here
Are you Behaving?
Only Rock and Roll (!! ??)
15th May 2006 12:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man Excellent news! I'm really like the format of having a disc of his solo material and then a second of his group work. For those who haven’t heard them, it really is worth checking out his work from 1964 and 1965 with the Birds and this CD is you're opportunity.
15th May 2006 10:02 PM
Soldatti Few Stones material IMO.
16th May 2006 07:09 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Few Stones material IMO.

Yeah, it would've been nice to get a couple more Stones tunes, but everyone already knows so much about Ronnie the Stone, I just think that a fairly comprehensive look at his pre-Stones work is far more interesting. This CD has the Birds on it. How many Stones fans have heard anything by them? Not to many, I'd of thought and I certainly haven’t heard any of his work with the Creation. I think he was only in them for a minute. With all that in mind, I don't think the track selection could've been much better. Certainly witch the second disc anyway.
16th May 2006 07:28 AM
speedfreakjive it should have Dance Pt 1 on it. Thats a great riff.
16th May 2006 08:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Navin wrote:
Missing....

The Pineapple and The Monkey
Borstal Boys
Glad and Sorry
Sweet Little Rock and Roller
Sailor
Take a Look at the Guy
Delia/Buried Alive
FUC Her
I got lost when I found you
Now Look
Outlaws
Knock Yer teeth Out
Show Me
Must Be Love
Like it
Pretty Beat Up (Live, Slide on Live)
You really Got a Hold on Me
Seven Days (Live, 1992 Dylan Tribute)
Leaving Here
Are you Behaving?
Only Rock and Roll (!! ??)

I agree.
a Ronnie's "best of" without seven days , buried alive and take a look at the guy is like a "best of" Mick without any track from Goddess...
that sucks, but Im sure real fans ever made their own compilation for a long time!
16th May 2006 08:24 AM
BILL PERKS THEY SHOULD HAVE LEFT OUT THE FACES MATERIAL ;THEY JUST PUT A BOX OF ALL THAT
16th May 2006 09:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man One track that perhaps SHOULD’VE made it on to disc 2 is Jeff Beck's second solo single, Tally Man. It's prior to the Jeff Beck group, but features Ronnie on bass. I think the only CD it's available on is Beckology.
16th May 2006 09:22 AM
Navin
'The Best of Jeff Beck' album also includes "Tallyman" and among the 16 tracks are "Hi-Ho Silver Lining", "Love is Blue", "I've Been Drinking" and others from 'Truth' and 'Beck-Ola'
16th May 2006 10:14 AM
Saint Sway the CD is tentatively titled "THE ART OF WAVING"
16th May 2006 10:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Navin wrote:

'The Best of Jeff Beck' album also includes "Tallyman" and among the 16 tracks are "Hi-Ho Silver Lining", "Love is Blue", "I've Been Drinking" and others from 'Truth' and 'Beck-Ola'

I know it's not included on the new Ronnie Anthology because it features John Paul Jones on bass, but I quite like Hi Ho Silver Lining. It's one of those cheesy songs that everyone secretly likes.
16th May 2006 03:08 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I am amazed sure the one you need didn't make the collections.
16th May 2006 03:22 PM
pdog I will probably get this!
16th May 2006 03:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Stonesmillenium2001 wrote:
I am amazed sure the one you need didn't make the collections.

thats Keith on vox!
16th May 2006 06:46 PM
glencar I will buy this.
16th May 2006 09:31 PM
Soldatti I'll buy it too.
17th May 2006 04:53 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey, if we all buy it, maybe it'll EVEN chart!
17th May 2006 07:00 AM
Schleisher This looks pretty good, though I just finished making my own Ronnie comp. I've never heard a lot of the stuff on Disc 2, this probably would've been better if there were two cds of his solo stuff, along with the third of Ronnie with other artists. The recent live version of "Dance" with Mick would've been a great song to bring it up to date.
17th May 2006 07:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Schleisher wrote:
This looks pretty good, though I just finished making my own Ronnie comp. I've never heard a lot of the stuff on Disc 2, this probably would've been better if there were two cds of his solo stuff, along with the third of Ronnie with other artists. The recent live version of "Dance" with Mick would've been a great song to bring it up to date.

I'm the opposite. I'm far more looking forward to hearing disc 2. I've heard most of it before, apart from the stuff he did with The Creation. It'll be interesting to hear what people make of The Birds. I already have a compilation of theirs, which was issued on the Deram label. They recorded very little and had limited success, but were once tipped to be huge. Along with The Who, they were the premier live act on the London club circuit in '64.
17th May 2006 01:54 PM
jb Thanks Erik!!!! Great that you were able to break this story!!!
[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)