ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Three years of "Banquete de Pordioseros The message board in Spanish
Photo is Cucho Peņaloza by Javier Zapata
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Blender Magazine's 50 Worst Things To Happen To Music Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th May 2006 08:19 PM
Dan And the only Stones mention isn't necessarily a negative one

#46 DECENCY

In 1967, the Rolling Stones were forced to change the lyrics of a not particularly salacious song to protect the tender sensibilities of the American television-viewing public. Thirty-nine years and one stray Super Bowl breast later, the Rolling Stones are forced to change the lyrics of a not particularly salacious song to protect the tender sensibilities of the American television-viewing public. Viva progress!

The rest at

http://music.aol.com/home/blender/rock-6
10th May 2006 08:24 PM
sirmoonie By far, the Eagles were the worst thing to ever happen to music.
10th May 2006 08:54 PM
pdog Being sung an Eagles song by someone you love and respect is far worse than anything I can ever decribe. It's almost as bad as seeing a Jagger hater to a dead on Jagger impersonation.
10th May 2006 09:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
By far, the Eagles were the worst thing to ever happen to music.

Amen.
10th May 2006 09:38 PM
BONOISLOVE Napster and what came after.
10th May 2006 09:41 PM
pdog U2 is on the list, or should be!
10th May 2006 09:47 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
pdog wrote:
U2 is on the list, or should be!

I love the media.

11th May 2006 01:12 AM
glencar Bono Rox!
11th May 2006 06:20 AM
FotiniD There's also a Stones reference on their list of 50 Most Awesomely Dead Rock Stars:

Brian Jones
1942-1969
Weird, druggy Rolling Stones guitarist

Cause of Death: Drowned in his swimming pool
Drop-Dead Jam: 'Sympathy... Devil'
Sex, drugs & rock 'n' roll

This Could Be the Last Time: Lewis Brian Hopkins-Jones founded the Rolling Stones and steered them into their weirdest territories, but by early June 1969, the original junkie rock star was enough of a drug casualty that they booted him. A month later he was dead, and the supposed mystery of his youthful demise has continued to make him considerably more famous than, say, living ex-Stones Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor.

Baby, You're out of Time: The 2005 British biopic Stoned depicted Jones's death as a murder-but even if he's exhumed, as one former girlfriend has suggested, it's past the point where anyone but his fan club could care.

Time Wasn't on His Side: Jones's songwriting contribution to the Stones was minimal (a handful of co-written non-hits), and they shrugged off his influence after ditching him. His most significant musical legacy may be helping to invent the "world music" concept by producing The Pipes of Pan at Jajouka, a recording of Moroccan musicians issued in 1971-or maybe having the Brian Jonestown Massacre named after him.
11th May 2006 06:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The worst thing that happened to music????? The invention of the kazoo maybe.??? I don't know.
11th May 2006 08:18 AM
corgi37 Oh, so many worst things.

MTV
Isle of Wight festival (1970)
Tippa Gore
Milli Vanilli
The "Italian Invasion" circa 1959-1962
The Archies hitting #1
L.A. 80's candy metal
11 dead at the Who concert
Ringtones
American Banstand, Dick Clarke and all he represents.
Post 1970 Beatles releases (not that i'd personally know as i do not own any Beatles music - bar Rolling Stones I wanna be your man).
40's-50's crooners doing rock songs.
Kiss ditching the make up.
Axle ditching his band.

(drum roll)

Release of Windows 95 featuring "Start me up".

11th May 2006 09:12 AM
gimmekeef Worst thing in music....two words:

Celine Dion......
11th May 2006 11:01 AM
glencar Rap/Hip Hop is the worst thing to happen. One or three good songs isn't enough to make up for the sonic dissonance of that shit.
11th May 2006 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Rap/Hip Hop is the worst thing to happen. One or three good songs isn't enough to make up for the sonic dissonance of that shit.

Agreed............also MTV.
11th May 2006 11:12 AM
glencar MTV was good at first but by 1990 it jumped the shark.
11th May 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
MTV was good at first but by 1990 it jumped the shark.

Big time....the Stones videos all sucked!!!
11th May 2006 11:39 AM
pdog MTV was never good!
11th May 2006 11:40 AM
gimmekeef Especially the IORR in those pathetic Sailor suits!
11th May 2006 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Especially the IORR in those pathetic Sailor suits!

That wasn't MTV..but I actually liked that one,,those were either from Don Kirshner's Rock Concert or from some promos they did in England(we arfe seeing them all now on Youth Tube). The MTV videos were more like SMU, Harlem Schuffle, One Hit, Out of tears, Love is Strong(not bad), Anybody Seen My baby(the not so famous then Angeline Jolie), etc..
11th May 2006 11:48 AM
Joey

Cincinnati , December 1979 .

11th May 2006 11:48 AM
charlotte but I thought Freddy Mercury loved them...
11th May 2006 11:51 AM
glencar Loved them? Who?
11th May 2006 05:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Compact disks.....vinyl speaks the language of Rock n' Roll much better.
11th May 2006 05:39 PM
ebmp The Love is Strong video is preety cool

And the Strokes ripped it off on their new video
[Edited by ebmp]
11th May 2006 06:39 PM
Gimme Shelter The worst thing to happen to music was John Lennon's assassination.
11th May 2006 07:00 PM
72Tele January 1 1980
11th May 2006 09:12 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Joey wrote:

Cincinnati , December 1979 .

Was that the one where a fan got crushed to death?
11th May 2006 09:35 PM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
The worst thing to happen to music was John Lennon's assassination.

Dec. 8, 1980
11th May 2006 10:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
12th May 2006 05:56 AM
Reptile #51. TUMBLING.. STONE

Keith Richards takes a bump on the head after falling from a palm tree.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)