ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

May 1969... days before passing
Very special thanks to the annonimous donator ;)
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Good Read From Kurt Vonnegut (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 14th, 2004 06:46 PM
Donny Rummy You have just proven my point by this post.

By the way. I am not a liberal. Sorry to disappoint you.

May 14th, 2004 06:49 PM
Bloozehound don't get mad rummy
May 14th, 2004 07:00 PM
Riffhard Hey Rummy I never called you a liberal. I said that some liberals seem to want to forget 9/11/01 ever happened. If that statement does not apply to you then don't read anything else into it. I do,however,feel that it is "historically naive" to ignore Saddam's past actions with regards to his policies and actions inside and outside the region of the Middle East. He is a friend of terrorists networks and deny that is naive.

Riffhard
May 14th, 2004 07:33 PM
Donny Rummy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Hey Rummy I never called you a liberal. I said that some liberals seem to want to forget 9/11/01 ever happened. If that statement does not apply to you then don't read anything else into it. I do,however,feel that it is "historically naive" to ignore Saddam's past actions with regards to his policies and actions inside and outside the region of the Middle East. He is a friend of terrorists networks and deny that is naive.

Riffhard

Actually - I posted a much longer response - and must have mistyped my password or something and it vanished.

That being said - Saddam was a creep - but a creep of a different stripe. That part of the world is pretty well messed up, by their own fault as well as ours. I'm just trying to say that all of this is not as simplistic as many would believe. Any while I gave the US administration the benefit of the doubt at first - while many colleagues and friends did not - I have to wonder strongly at this point. I think they need to pick up some books. Edward Said's Orientalism would be a good start. I just assumed that would have been ancient history at this point. Obviously not. I suspect they are far more clueless then I would have hoped, or assumed. Perhaps not. Perhaps many miscalculations. I do suspect their ignorance equals that of their foes. Pretty scary. Not their morals mind you, whatever those are and for what that's worth. Still, pretty scary nonetheless.

May 14th, 2004 07:58 PM
Bloozehound none of us have top security clearance and get briefed by the cia or dod each morning

so all any of us has to go on is what we get from the news

we all have our opinions

I give them the benefit of the doubt

Saddams WMD are there, somewhere, in some state

we gave them to him

and it would have been suicide on his part to rid himself of them

they were his ace in the pocket to keep his "neighbors" at bay

if only that pesky U.S.A. would have just gone away
May 17th, 2004 09:58 AM
Joey Thanks FPMC10
May 17th, 2004 03:43 PM
Sir Stonesalot >more liberal propoganda<

Really? Then why did I see some Republican Senator talking about taking a look at reinstating the draft? It was on FoxNews no less?? I thought they were the fair and balanced news that we should all take as the gospel??

And for real...I did NOT have sex with that woman!

Politicians are all liars and thugs. That is why they are politicians.

I have always said...anyone who actually WANTS to be President should not be allowed. If they really want the job, they have displayed a character flaw that should send up a big red flag. No sane person wants that kind of power. No sane person would want to take the kind of shit you have to take in that job. No sane person wants to make the kind of history altering decisions required of the job. Anyone who actually wants that for themselves...and their family...is completely unqualified for the job.
May 17th, 2004 05:20 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

And for real...I did NOT have sex with that woman!

I think what he said was "I did not NOT have sex with that woman!" Then it was edited by the jewish-controlled media.

I just want a president who can say his lines and not bump into the scenery. We sure don't have one now.

[Edited by FPM C10]
May 17th, 2004 05:30 PM
Joey

" I just want a president who can say his lines and not bump into the scenery. We sure don't have one now. "

May 17th, 2004 05:59 PM
glencar Man, Vonnegut's run out of gas in his old age. "Doddering" might have to be put in front of his name from now on. Too bad. He used to write some good stuff.
May 17th, 2004 06:28 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Man, Vonnegut's run out of gas in his old age. "Doddering" might have to be put in front of his name from now on. Too bad. He used to write some good stuff.

Great Posting Blue !

Thanks
May 17th, 2004 06:35 PM
glencar Tanks bitch.
May 17th, 2004 06:36 PM
glencar

May 18th, 2004 09:55 AM
Joey

Page: 1 2