ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's with Bill? Return to archive Page: 1 2
14th May 2006 11:41 AM
Jigsaw Puzzle Why has he always been bashing the stones in recent months.... then turns around and profits from the name with a book of cartoons and a soon to be released book a photographs?
14th May 2006 11:43 AM
LadyJane Two words...Mental Illness.

LJ.

14th May 2006 11:52 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Awww...its probably nothing serious. Maybe he's just cranky because he's not getting any young stuff these days.
14th May 2006 12:21 PM
awskipit yeah....like 11 or 12....he's a dick
14th May 2006 12:22 PM
Gimme Shelter Jealous???
14th May 2006 12:47 PM
gimmekeef He never dreamed the money machine could be as huge and last as long as it has.He blew it so now he just throws Stones!
14th May 2006 12:59 PM
Angiegirl He's insecure, and constantly feels the need apparently to publicly convey the image that he's the better man, who's made the better choices later in life.
He's got some valid points, though he exaggerates.

The rest of the Stones (Mick/Keef/Charlie/Ronnie) made their choices, and many people worldwide enjoy that, so I don't see the point of repetition of his comments.

Bill's strange like that I think, besides the fact that newspapers tend to bring old comments again and again, so that it seems like Bill states his opinion every week.
14th May 2006 01:00 PM
gorda Because, he knows that talking smack about the Stones will get his name in the paper! Duh!
[Edited by gorda]
14th May 2006 08:15 PM
the good For some strange reason Dennis Leary's song "ASSHOLE" just came to mind.
14th May 2006 09:10 PM
CraigP I miss his bass efforts but not his personality. The Stones haven't sounded as good since he left.
His bass was very unique sounding and was a staple of the band's origional sound.
Imagine the '81 tour, for example, with Darryl instead of Bill.
[Edited by CraigP]
14th May 2006 09:40 PM
Jigsaw Puzzle
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I miss his bass efforts but not his personality. The Stones haven't sounded as good since he left.
His bass was very unique sounding and was a staple of the band's origional sound.
Imagine the '81 tour, for example, with Darryl instead of Bill.
[Edited by CraigP]

I do agree but they found a great replacement with darryl
14th May 2006 10:03 PM
Soldatti He's an old man, that's all.

14th May 2006 11:51 PM
Taptrick
An old man who has consistantly blatantly acted on attraction to underage females his entire adult life. Most old men have not.

15th May 2006 04:31 AM
Reptile He doesn't really say those things every time.

Let's say he gave an interview in 1996, they just keep quoting the same bits of it for 10 years if they haven't got any other Stones news to do.
15th May 2006 04:41 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Reptile wrote:
He doesn't really say those things every time.

Let's say he gave an interview in 1996, they just keep quoting the same bits of it for 10 years if they haven't got any other Stones news to do.

Well, he's been making the usual "I don't regret leaving the Stones" / "Yeah, I'd do one more gig" / "Not if they asked me a thousand times" comments recently as well.

Bitterness. Regret. Insecurity. Feeling they only ever wanted him for his amps. Jesus.

Is he a Scorpio by the way? We have one friend who's a Scorpio and she's EXACTLY like that. Whining, whining, whining.

Bill Whining. I'm really tired of his split personality issues. Yes I love the Stones - No, I loathe the Stones.
15th May 2006 06:52 AM
StickyFishFingers I wonder if he'd rejoin if Mick and Keith promised to give him a songwriting credit on every track if they were to record a new album.
15th May 2006 08:41 AM
Zeeta

He's with his 'treasure' at the moment!

What a chump...
15th May 2006 08:46 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

He's with his 'treasure' at the moment!

What a chump...

I didnt realize Bill was in an Austin Powers movie!
15th May 2006 09:13 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
He's an old man, that's all.

You mean Mick, Charlie and Keef aren't old men?
15th May 2006 09:59 AM
jb Bottom line, Bill was /is a legend and the Stones have been lost without him in many subtle ways. However, he needs to stop bitching, yet trying to earn a buck on his 30 yr history w/ the band...Please shut up Bill, rejoin the band, and in 1 tour, all your moneu bitching will be solved.
15th May 2006 11:12 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
Bottom line, Bill was /is a legend and the Stones have been lost without him in many subtle ways. However, he needs to stop bitching, yet trying to earn a buck on his 30 yr history w/ the band...Please shut up Bill, rejoin the band, and in 1 tour, all your moneu bitching will be solved.

But he has lost his hair and therefore his credibility
15th May 2006 11:31 AM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

But he has lost his hair and therefore his credibility

He has purple shades which will lokk cool on stage.
15th May 2006 11:38 AM
Saint Sway Wyman was the best. One of the most underated musicians in rock history.

He's an original Stone. HE'S EARNED THE RIGHT TO SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS.

not to mention that a lot of what he says is spot on. Even if it comes off as sour grapes.
15th May 2006 12:01 PM
Jumping Jack He is so sad because he is on the blue pill these days and misses the young birds.
15th May 2006 03:30 PM
Dick Bush Bill is surely not a mean spirited kind of fellow - I guess he got tricked by some tender, blond reporter and showed of a little. Supposed the story is true.

He might be a bad tattler but is a perfect Stone - I want to see him on the stage with the guys, not in the titts*n*butts tabloids!
15th May 2006 03:31 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Wyman was the best. One of the most underated musicians in rock history.

He's an original Stone. HE'S EARNED THE RIGHT TO SAY WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS.

not to mention that a lot of what he says is spot on. Even if it comes off as sour grapes.

True.
15th May 2006 03:39 PM
nankerphelge No question he was a unique bass player and gave the Stones part of their signature sound.

BUT...he was not the end all beat all Stone.
Most casual observers didn't notice he was gone until 2002 anyway.
And some never noticed him there in the first place.

And he wonders why his lyrics were never accepted by the band. He could only write two lines:

You guys suck!
Can I play wif you?
15th May 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No question he was a unique bass player and gave the Stones part of their signature sound.

BUT...he was not the end all beat all Stone.
Most casual observers didn't notice he was gone until 2002 anyway.
And some never noticed him there in the first place.

And he wonders why his lyrics were never accepted by the band. He could only write two lines:

You guys suck!
Can I play wif you?

Off course some didn;t notice..that was his beauty...he was a stoic figure in an otherwise chaotic band...he was solid as the roick of Gibraltar , and his playing was a trestament to his grove mwithCharlie and keith...you don't miss it, till it's gone-Ronnie.
15th May 2006 04:05 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:

Off course some didn;t notice..that was his beauty...he was a stoic figure in an otherwise chaotic band...he was solid as the roick of Gibraltar , and his playing was a trestament to his grove mwithCharlie and keith...you don't miss it, till it's gone-Ronnie.

And he slept with at least 10.000 women!
15th May 2006 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

And he slept with at least 10.000 women!

Yes...he and Wilt have the record(I don't beleive Gene Simmons).
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)