ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Palazzo del Ghiaccio, Milano, Italia - 8 Aprile del 1967
© Giovanni Liverani with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Rain Fall Down," Saitama Return to archive Page: 1 2
10th May 2007 10:38 AM
glencar Let me check out youtube for you...
10th May 2007 10:40 AM
glencar Nope, no go...
10th May 2007 10:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
I was listening to "Rags to Excess" the other day, the terrific Mickboy remaster of Black & Blue.
Live cut of Hot Stuff.
Compares to RFD, 30 years later
You like Hot Stuff, you will like RFD, and you can HEAR Hot Stuff in RFD. I must admit (yes, I said it again), I then listened to Fool to Cry, immediately recalled the crap I took from peers, back in the day, "this song sucks", Stones have sold out, they can't write anything anymore, yet I dug the crap out of it. Now, 32 years on, same slag off about SOL.
Works for me.

I'm glad SOMEONE other than me will admit to liking SOL. RFD is just too repetitive (and not in a good way, either).
10th May 2007 10:50 AM
glencar I also like SOL. Hell, I like it all.
10th May 2007 10:52 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
ABC actually cut away from their disjointed performance. I took a LOT of heat from others about howe bad it was.

they cut away during IORR. RFD was shown in all its painfully bad entirity.

there was also an usually long delay too before the start of IORR - especially for live tv. It was if they were punch drunk boxers aimlessly staggering around the ring before collapsing from a massive head-spinning Joe Frazier left hook.

I think the Stones themselves were thinking "what the fuck JUST happened???"
10th May 2007 10:59 AM
glencar But RFD was the song that really sucked. That's teh one that had people scratching their heads. And that uncomfortable delay didn't help.
10th May 2007 11:35 AM
Saint Sway I can totally understand the uncomfortable delay after RFD/before IORR.

Any band would need a minute or two to try and compose themselves after such a train wreck.

they were well aware that they just flat out bombed on National TV

this is why they stuck to their warhorses for the Super Bowl. No point taking chances with such a big audience. And it worked. They were outstanding that day.
10th May 2007 11:35 AM
glencar RJ = war horse?
10th May 2007 11:45 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
RJ = war horse?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
10th May 2007 11:46 AM
glencar You have really "gone to town" with that thumbnail!
10th May 2007 11:50 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Nope, no go...

C'mon, someone must have taped it!
10th May 2007 11:52 AM
glencar
[Edited by glencar]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)