ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

"I hope I wasn't too much of a pain in the arse - after all it was my head they fixed. Many thanks, kiwis"
Keith after leaving Ascot Hospital today
© 2001 Kevin Mazur
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It is a hard time Return to archive Page: 1 2
9th May 2006 07:25 PM
Dick Bush http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/6/story.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10381078
9th May 2006 08:18 PM
tumbling dice
Fucking news! God bless Keith! We are all praying for you!
9th May 2006 08:26 PM
glencar Please heal ASAP Rock God!
9th May 2006 08:31 PM
glencar WELLINGTON (Reuters) - Doctors are concerned Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards could suffer from brain damage after undergoing two surgeries following a fall while holidaying in Fiji, the New Zealand Herald reported on Wednesday.

The newspaper said Richards had undergone an operation at a hospital in New Zealand on Monday to relieve a blood clot on the brain which involved drilling a hole through the skull. Subdural hematoma can be caused by mild knocks to the head.

His London publicists confirmed on Monday that he had surgery but did not disclose the details. They said it was a success and he was expected to recover in a few weeks.

The Herald said Richards had his first operation on April 28 to stop bleeding in his skull.

A spokesman at the Ascot Hospital in Auckland declined to comment on the report.

Richards' two daughters -- 21-year-old Theodora and 19-year-old Alexandra -- were also reported to have arrived at Auckland's Ascot Hospital on Tuesday to join their mother at Richards' bedside.

The 62-year-old rocker had been under medical observation in Auckland following the fall in late April.

Richards was flown to Auckland after the accident while holidaying in Fiji following the end of the Japan, China, Australia and New Zealand leg of a world tour.

Along with lead singer Mick Jagger, Richards has been the backbone of the Rolling Stones since the 1960s. Continued...
9th May 2006 08:34 PM
Dick Bush Glen,

He is the hardest rock ever.

He wont pass away just like thatkaöl
9th May 2006 08:36 PM
LadyJane I'm sick.

Dick...may I please post your keith sig pic in the Superblow thread???

LJ.
9th May 2006 08:36 PM
glencar From your keyboard to God's ears, my friend!
9th May 2006 08:37 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm sick.

Dick...may I please post your keith sig pic in the Superblow thread???

LJ.

LJ, get a grip! We'll get through this. Keith is nothing if not a survivor!
9th May 2006 08:43 PM
Riffhard Now I'm starting to get a little concerned. Just the fact that all the kids and Patti are at his bedside is reason enough to be a bit worried. There is much more to this story than the Stones themselves are letting on. The only reason that the whole family would be summoned is because there is a chance that he won't make a full recovery. Having said that,I do think that Keef will be fine,but these daily updates are a little disconcerting to say the least.

Riffy
9th May 2006 08:47 PM
parmeda Hi Riffy! And yes, I couldn't agree with you more....
It's so true that when the family starts to gather 'round, the situation is serious.

...been there, done that.
9th May 2006 08:47 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Now I'm starting to get a little concerned. Just the fact that all the kids and Patti are at his bedside is reason enough to be a bit worried. There is much more to this story than the Stones themselves are letting on. The only reason that the whole family would be summoned is because there is a chance that he won't make a full recovery. Having said that,I do think that Keef will be fine,but these daily updates are a little disconcerting to say the least.

Riffy

Nah, it's just a publicity bonanza. At least that's what I keep telling my own shitting-in-my-own-pants-whilst-putting-on-a-brave-face self. Please, Keith Don't Go!
9th May 2006 08:48 PM
glencar
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Hi Riffy! And yes, I couldn't agree with you more....
It's so true that when the family starts to gather 'round, the situation is serious.

...been there, done that.

Sadly, me too. And Riffy's right. This does look dire indeed.
9th May 2006 08:49 PM
UGot2Rollme PRAY FOR KEITH!
9th May 2006 08:55 PM
Riffhard
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
PRAY FOR KEITH!

Done!

And yes Pammy I too have been there done that,and it's scary as hell. Prayers are nothing to shy away from right about now me thinks.

Riffy
9th May 2006 08:56 PM
glencar Has Mick gone down there yet?
9th May 2006 09:00 PM
LadyJane I'm scared out of my mind BUT let's keep in mind that Keith is VERY close to his children.

He values family.....and if it were my Dad I'd be right there too.

Let us also not forget that he's likely withdrawing from alcohol as well. No better help than your family.

I REFUSE to get out my Black Shroud just yet.

LJ.

PS...if it makes any of you feel better...I spotted an error in the story. A burr hole drainage of a hematoma is NOT a craniotomy. Everyone take a deep breath. I shall now drink.
9th May 2006 09:03 PM
glencar When we see Mick & Charlie running down there, that'll be an indicator.
9th May 2006 09:04 PM
parmeda Riffy, are you at work?

Can you spin us some "Rockawhile".......for our buddy Keith?

TIA, babe
9th May 2006 09:14 PM
pdog All i want is for Keith to be well. Fuck the rest!
I too have been concerned about all his family being there... That's usually not a good sign, especially after so many days in the hospital. The only news is the limited medical procedure news, aside from that, it seems that everything else is specualtion, that too has me concerned.
I don't care what anyone says about how he got hurt. It's not like he was alone in room with a rig in his arm, or choking on his own puke, or god forbid a gun in his mouth.
Keith is tough as nails, we know this... I want everyone to take a minute, ask god to keep him well, even at the risk of no more Stones. God hears unselfish prayers!
9th May 2006 09:15 PM
Riffhard
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Riffy, are you at work?

Can you spin us some "Rockawhile".......for our buddy Keith?

TIA, babe

Yes Pammy I am at work,and I have evry intention of playing something for Keith. I was leaning towards Midnight Rambler,but Rockawile does seem appropriate. I will certainly do something for Keith!

Riffy
9th May 2006 09:16 PM
parmeda Thanks, sweetheart
9th May 2006 09:18 PM
sirmoonie Brace yourselves my Stones friends. This hasn't been good from day one, and it is unlikely to get better. Reality.
9th May 2006 09:27 PM
parmeda Moonie, I'm a step ahead of ya...

9th May 2006 09:42 PM
SweetVirginia I'm so sad tonight....

9th May 2006 09:51 PM
MissJaneDoe Ron Wood was quoted as saying that Keith looked down and then jumped headfirst to the pavement below. What a strange and pathetic way to kill yourself.
9th May 2006 09:57 PM
LadyJane Dear God....

We are all gathered here tonight.
We are friends from different countries, ethnic, religious, political and socioeconomic backgrounds.
We are frightened because someone we love and admire is ill.
We ask that you send your blessings to Keith Richards. Keep him safe. Heal him as only you can.
We ask this as humble beings on this fragile planet.
One Love!

Amen.

===========================================================

Hope you all don't mind my speaking on behalf of us all.
My heart is so heavy right now and I believe in the power of prayer.

hugs,
LJ.
9th May 2006 10:16 PM
PartyDoll MEG It's at times like this that I wish I had no medical background. I want to keep a positive, upbeat, attitude, but the "family at the bedside" does not reassure me either.

Thanks LJ for saying it so well for all of us.

And Riffy I'm listening!!
9th May 2006 10:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
It's at times like this that I wish I had no medical background. I want to keep a positive, upbeat, attitude, but the "family at the bedside" does not reassure me either.

Thanks LJ for saying it so well for all of us.

And Riffy I'm listening!!

I played Rambler with thought's about Keith's health going out. Now we are inside a Metallica block,so you know....whatever.

Riffy
9th May 2006 10:45 PM
Soldatti I'll be praying for Keith from now on...
9th May 2006 11:09 PM
Zulu Fun Mix He's an extremely sick guy a long way from home who's probably also suffering from alcohol withdrawal and the associated anxiety and depression. It's only natural that he would want his daughters with him down there, given the state of mind he must be in. I doubt if "calling the family around" means a serious turn for the worse.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)