ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
we're in babies

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAŅOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman and Jagger writting for new album Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 5th, 2005 05:43 AM
Voodoo Scrounge In a UK newspaper today (The Daily Star) the showbiz section starts with the haedline#

STONES ROLL BACK THE YEARS
Mick Jagger and Bill Wyman are songwritting together for the first time in 30 years.
Rolling stones singer Mick and his former bass player are holed up in the south of France laying down tracks for a new album they hope to release in the summer.

The article goes on to describe how the stones next world tour will end at the new Wembley stadium in London.

What do you guys think. I always had a feeling Bill would turn up again sooner or later. Will the tracks make it on the new album? Who Knows
May 5th, 2005 06:07 AM
Dutch Michael D. Bullshit !!!

let Wyman do the Bass on the New Album, he's better then Darryl, but they've got their own style.

anyway, i don't think this is true...
May 5th, 2005 06:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
In a UK newspaper today (The Daily Star) the showbiz section starts with the haedline#

STONES ROLL BACK THE YEARS
Mick Jagger and Bill Wyman are songwritting together for the first time in 30 years.
Rolling stones singer Mick and his former bass player are holed up in the south of France laying down tracks for a new album they hope to release in the summer.

The article goes on to describe how the stones next world tour will end at the new Wembley stadium in London.

What do you guys think. I always had a feeling Bill would turn up again sooner or later. Will the tracks make it on the new album? Who Knows

The Star is probably the least reliable of all of the UK tabloids.

the first time theyve written together in 30 years? When was the LAST occasion?

Utter bullshit

I wouldnt rule out as insane the idea that Bill could play on a Stones record, although I'd be surprised.

and if the Stones are playing Wembley next June, as believed, it wont be at the end of the European tour, but near the start of it. Makes for a catchier story, though!
May 5th, 2005 06:35 AM
Moonisup That would be great, a mix between Green ice, and goddes,
May 5th, 2005 06:58 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I would have to disagree with you Gazza. I think the Star is probably the most reliable of the tabloids (If there is such a thing). The section of the newspaper which the story came from is written by a very good journalist and is completely music based. I read his column an awful lot and have seldom found him to be wrong about things.

In relation to the stones playing Wembley at the end of the European tour. I think thats highly unlikely as contractors fear that they will not have the stadium built in time for the venue's very first event which is set to be the F.A. cup final on May 25th 2006. Surely the stones will have kicked off the British leg of the tour by then.
May 5th, 2005 07:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I would have to disagree with you Gazza. I think the Star is probably the most reliable of the tabloids (If there is such a thing). The section of the newspaper which the story came from is written by a very good journalist and is completely music based. I read his column an awful lot and have seldom found him to be wrong about things.

In relation to the stones playing Wembley at the end of the European tour. I think thats highly unlikely as contractors fear that they will not have the stadium built in time for the venue's very first event which is set to be the F.A. cup final on May 25th 2006. Surely the stones will have kicked off the British leg of the tour by then.

fair enough comment on the journalist. I dont know him so I'll defer to your judgement as you're a regular reader. I assumed (wrongly it seems) the source was their gossip columns, which really ARE written by know-nothings.

The Stones UK shows wont be before May 2006. Wembley is tentatively pencilled in for June, although if there is a delay, of course it could be scheduled later. They wont be playing football stadiums during the football season.

Is next year's cup final not earlier than 25th May? Thats only 2 weeks before the World Cup. Usually in a World Cup year, the season ends a couple of weeks earlier and I think I read that Sven Goran Eriksson had successfully petitioned the FA to end the season a bit earlier than normal to give his players more time to prepare for the World Cup.
May 5th, 2005 08:12 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Eriksson managed to get the FA to play FA Cup quarter finals mid-week. All that does is puts the FA cup a week earlier. You may be right.
May 5th, 2005 08:31 AM
BillyBoll Its not April the first is it?

Come on, the daily star, reliable?

You've got to be kidding.

Just substitute Richards for Wyman and thats the story - an inaccurate rehashing of the stories we've been getting for months: "Jagger and 'Richards' are writing together for the first time in ages" Just make the rest up, or misinterpret the information for the rest of the story.

Do we really think that Jagger, while working on a new Stones album and putting a new tour together, will have the time or inlination to work with Bill?
May 5th, 2005 08:46 AM
Gazza and I thought it was the "Sun" that you Scousers hated the most, Billy!

sobered up from Tuesday night yet? You goin' to Istanbul?
May 5th, 2005 09:02 AM
BillyBoll Yes, its the scum we hate the most but I have little regard for any of them.

Just about sobered up - an interesting combination of Guiness, bitter, champagne and whisky didnt do much for the constitution. I'm still croaking though - I dont think I've ever sung for so long or so loud.

If I can get a ticket I'll be there.

Tell me Ma, me Ma,
To make sure that the fridge is full,
We're going to Instanbul,
Tell me Ma, me Ma.
May 5th, 2005 09:08 AM
J.J.Flash Rubbish! I would believe if they told Bill would play some gigs.....but songwritting?!?!? No way!
May 5th, 2005 09:34 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hey Bill

Im a Chelsea Fan. I will give you my ticket for Istanbul if you like. I thought I would buy one early!

But if its a game of football you want to see then save your money and come to Hackney marshes. Youd be more entertained.

Come on Milan
May 5th, 2005 09:41 AM
BillyBoll Ah yes, football.

Not throwing yourself to the ground to get someone yellow carded and out of a return leg. Not stamping on someones shin and not managing to force more than one save from the oppositions keeper. And what was your tacticaly astute managers final throw of the dice - ah yes, from the Wimbledon school of football - put a big centre half up front and lump the ball up to him.

Football is about scoring goals and winning, and for once money didnt manage to buy you that!

Having said all of that and if i havent pissed in my chips, I'll gladly take the ticket of your hands!

You have PM.
[Edited by BillyBoll]
[Edited by BillyBoll]
May 5th, 2005 10:06 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Maybe this is Bill the bassist songwriting with Mick

May 5th, 2005 10:43 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think your right Billy
Too many foreigners in the Chelsea team. Better remedy that pretty soon. I think Steven Gerrard should do the trick, you can keep the others, you'll need them for next years UEFA cup!
Never thought Id see the day a Shit Everton team would finnish above a Liverpool team with "the best manager in europe"

Hey Ho
Championship and Carling cup. Not bad
May 5th, 2005 10:46 AM
Gazza VS

last weekend at Linfield's last home game of the season, I won a flight and two tickets for a Chelsea home game of my choice next season

Hoping to get over when they play Man United. When do the fixtures get published - is it June?
May 5th, 2005 10:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Should be then mate
Man Utd are going down the shitter mate. Come and see Chelsea v Arsenal. Going to be a much better game.
May 5th, 2005 11:02 AM
Gazza cheers

if I cant get one, I'll do the other one.

sounds like my sex life....
May 5th, 2005 12:40 PM
monkeyman62 hey maybe the press conf will include bils return
would be cool
May 5th, 2005 12:43 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
monkeyman62 wrote:
hey maybe the press conf will include bils return
would be cool

If Bill comes back in NYC then Godzilla could be back too !!!
May 5th, 2005 09:41 PM
Soldatti Jagger/Wyman songs?
What a joke.
May 6th, 2005 01:58 AM
texile mick and bill - not a fucking chance.........
jagger would never waste his time with an old fart, ha ha.
May 6th, 2005 06:37 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I personaly dont give a shit if Bill plays on the new album and tour. I have never really cared about his style. I dont much care for his songs either.
Ive got quiet used to Darryl (Jumpin Black Flash) Jones now anyway.
May 6th, 2005 09:34 AM
egon Q is; do we WANT them to write together?

oui oui je suis a godess in zzie doorway.
May 6th, 2005 10:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I have never really cared about his style.

as an average bass player I can tell you his style is kind of unique..a quick listen of "handsome girls" could give you a clue.
(oh and welcome to rocks off too )
May 6th, 2005 10:55 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Will listen to it mate. Cheers
May 6th, 2005 10:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
Q is; do we WANT them to write together?

oui oui je suis a godess in zzie doorway.

Egon i will move in a few months I hope you will come and have a pastis in my garden.
anyway we could listen "oui oui je suis a godess in zi doorway" or "dirty work" it would be f**ing cool!!
May 6th, 2005 10:59 AM
egon yes my friend, we must meet up this summer
May 6th, 2005 11:14 AM
Jumacfly ok Egon.
I got to go Mick and Bill are waiting for me for the tea.
May 6th, 2005 11:24 AM
Jumacfly
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour