ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
1997 doing the same
Announcing a new album and a new tour, Brooklyn Bridge, NYC August 18, 1997
© Fernando Aceves
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Silly Cher says The Stones are broke Return to archive Page: 1 2
May 3rd, 2005 02:19 AM
IanBillen -This is taken from another Rolling Stones message board. Thanks to Kath51 for making this available on the internet-

Cher says:
"There are two reasons people come back. Because, like the Stones, they're broke. Again. Or they're old divas who can't wait to be out among their adoring fans. But this, this truly is it."

Cher says The Rolling Stones are broke huh....that's a first on the world.

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
May 3rd, 2005 04:36 AM
Gazza I think the second excuse applies more to the Stones. That said, they've never "come back", so she's talking out of her arse (which going by the amount of facelifts shes had, is probably now where her mouth used to be)

Actually, being 'broke' is a relative term. maybe the Stones THINK they're broke. It might explain their ticket prices.
[Edited by Gazza]
May 3rd, 2005 05:16 AM
IanBillen [quote]Gazza wrote:
I think the second excuse applies more to the Stones. That said, they've never "come back", so she's talking out of her arse (which going by the amount of facelifts shes had, is probably now where her mouth used to be)

Actually, being 'broke' is a relative term. maybe the Stones THINK they're broke. It might explain their ticket prices.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

*Well you never know Gazza. The Stones may host a buy one, get one free ticket sales schema this time out.

I'd call it the buy one get one free Stones ticket "extravaGazza"!

Ian
[Edited by IanBillen]
May 3rd, 2005 08:08 AM
Gazza LOL. I like that title. It has a nice ring to it.
May 3rd, 2005 08:30 AM
gimmekeef Can we now ban Cher from any future posts here!....What a twat!!
May 3rd, 2005 09:41 AM
Jumacfly Cher on tour:

05/10 Miami Clinic
05/12 Boston Clinic
05/14 Las Vegas Clinic

etc...................:o
May 3rd, 2005 09:45 AM
Jair The fact is that they're actually broke. Cher is right.

Why we can't accept this?

May 3rd, 2005 10:04 AM
NHStonesfan Rush Limbaugh calls her a glittering jewel of
Colossal ignorance or is that Barbara Streisand
May 3rd, 2005 10:19 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>>Why we can't accept this?<<<
Surly you're not serious. If they're broke, then I would like to be as broke as they are any day!
May 3rd, 2005 10:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think the second excuse applies more to the Stones. That said, they've never "come back", so she's talking out of her arse (which going by the amount of facelifts shes had, is probably now where her mouth used to be)

[Edited by Gazza]

Gazza, you are quickly becoming my favorite poster with stuff like this! Good work!
May 3rd, 2005 10:47 AM
Joey [quote]Gazza wrote:
I think the second excuse applies more to the Stones. That said, they've never "come back", so she's talking out of her arse (which going by the amount of facelifts shes had, is probably now where her mouth used to be) "

Outstanding Posting Gazza .................

Well Done -- Please feel free to take the rest of the day off .

W- W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ........... A NUMBER ?!?!?! .... Oh , sure ! :

" I remember when Mary Lou said
"You wanna walk me home from school"
And I said, "Yes, I do"
She said, "I don't have to go right home
And I'm the kind that likes to be alone
As long as you would"
I said, "Me, too"

And so we took a stroll
Wound up down by the swimmin' hole
And she said, "Do what you want to do"
I got silly and I found a frog
In the water by a hollow log
And I shook it at her
And I said "This frog's for you"

She said, "I don't like spiders and snakes
And that ain't what it takes to love me
You fool, you fool
I don't like spiders and snakes
Like I want to be loved by you"

Well, I think of that girl from time to time
I call her up when I got a dime
I say, "Hello, baby"
She says, "Ain't you cool"
I say, "Do you remember when
"And would you like to get together again"
She says, "I'll see you after school"

I was shy and so for a while
Most of my love was touch and smile
Til she said, "Come on over here"
I was nervous as you might guess
Still looking for somethin' to slip down her dress
And she said, "Let's make it perfectly clear"

She said, "I don't like spiders and snakes
You fool, you fool
I don't like spiders and snakes
Like I want to be loved by you"

Nipsey Joey ! ™
May 3rd, 2005 10:48 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jair wrote:
The fact is that they're actually broke. Cher is right.

Well if Mick and Keith are broke...I'd like to know where that puts me. Bankrupt????? "drowning in debt?"

But aw hell, they need the money to maintain their lifestyle.
May 3rd, 2005 10:54 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well if Mick and Keith are broke...I'd like to know where that puts me. Bankrupt????? "drowning in debt?"

But aw hell, they need the money to maintain their lifestyle.

" INVERNESS - An Inverness man was arrested Saturday after breaking into his neighbors' house and threatening them, shocking himself by sticking his fingers into a lamp socket, threatening a deputy with a metal rod, running naked through his yard and chewing through a cable in a patrol car, authorities said.

Authorities arrested Shyne Harris Phelps, 39, of 2510 Jupiter St., at 1:45 a.m., on charges of kidnapping, burglary of a dwelling, aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer with intent to commit a felony, resisting an officer with violence, battery and criminal mischief, an arrest report said.

Deputies were called to a home on East Dawson Drive, just behind Beall's, at 1:35 a.m. after getting a call of a burglary in progress.

On arrival, Deputy Lynn Tabb saw several people standing in the yard, pointing and yelling. Then he heard something hit the rear passenger side of the patrol car.

When Tabb turned, he saw a man holding a metal rod and wearing only a sheet wrapped around his waist, a report said. He was yelling that he was "ready to go to jail."

Tabb got out of his car and ordered the man to drop the rod. He did, but quickly picked it up again and made a threatening gesture. Tabb pulled his gun. The man dropped the rod but shouted that he was "ready to die" and took off running.

The man tried to scale a chain-link fence to get back to his home on the adjoining property.

The deputy fired a Taser at him, but it didn't connect. The man threw dirt and rocks in the deputy's face, the report said.

The suspect made it over the fence, losing his sheet in the process and sprinted, naked, into his home, the report said.

Neighbors told Tabb that the man had several guns in the house, but the suspect soon came out of the house and was arrested without further incident.

Four people told deputies that the man came into their home after the family called the Sheriff's Office to complain about noise at Phelps' house.

The man came in through the back door, they said, and grabbed them and shouted, "It is time for you to die."

As he tried to force one of the family members out of the home, one of the victims shot him with a Taser.

That just caused the intruder to demand to be shocked some more. He grabbed a lamp, unscrewed the bulb and stuck his fingers in, shocking himself and yelling.

After Phelps was arrested, deputies say he damaged the patrol car by biting through a cable cord in the back seat.

Phelps was taken to Citrus Memorial Hospital and then booked into the county jail.

He was held without bail. "

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/02/news_pf/Citrus/Deputies_report_rampa.shtml

May 3rd, 2005 11:09 AM
texile a bunch of old divas.........
i like that image - fits the stones perfectly.
May 3rd, 2005 11:41 AM
egon cher is a slut.

there, i said it.
May 3rd, 2005 11:49 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
egon wrote:
cher is a slut.

NO! What makes you say that? That's an awful thing to say.
May 3rd, 2005 11:58 AM
egon let the truth be told
May 3rd, 2005 12:39 PM
Hannalee I seriously cannot believe that anyone believes she was serious.
May 3rd, 2005 12:40 PM
sj Keith being a pirate and all must be hoarding all the cash and converting it to Gold. Had his eyes on it way back in 1969 'You got the silver.. you got the gold' Explains the ticket prices.. Good on them I say!!

Wyman on the other hand use a metal detector instead. Good luck to him.
May 3rd, 2005 12:42 PM
sj Whoops.. sorry to hijack. I reckon Cher is in pretty good nick for her age. Voice hits those notes too.
May 3rd, 2005 12:47 PM
Bloozehound I wish Cher would just slip off a boat and sink to the bottom of the ocean

or something like that
May 3rd, 2005 12:51 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
I wish Cher would just slip off a boat and sink to the bottom of the ocean

Plastic usually floats.
May 3rd, 2005 12:53 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Mr Jimmy wrote:

Plastic usually floats.

dammit, your right!

plastic does burn...
May 3rd, 2005 01:33 PM
justforyou Her voice is one of my all time favourites.
May 3rd, 2005 02:54 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
I seriously cannot believe that anyone believes she was serious.

Right on Hannalee! I was thinking something similar.

Hell, even if she was serious AND right (fat chance) about the boys being broke, who cares? I like to make money when I'm broke, which is most of the time anyway. I just hope that we -the fans- won't be the sole source of their income (again, fat chance), lol .
May 3rd, 2005 03:43 PM
Madafaka CHER? Is she still alive? Wow!
May 3rd, 2005 06:49 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
May 3rd, 2005 08:59 PM
corgi37 Well, some parts of Cher are still alive.

Some parts of her will never die!

She's like the Terminator.
May 3rd, 2005 09:51 PM
Soldatti Of course that she was joking, but who cares what Cher said?
She's retired now.
May 3rd, 2005 11:49 PM
HellsRollingThunder I remember when Cher first came out in the 1960's and was with
Sonny Bono. Their variety show was very good for the times it
was produced in. Cher won an Oscar for her portrayal in Moonstruck and I think in Silkwood. She is someone who is not
in your generation, and I understand that. But Cher is a lady who
has been through a lot for someone her age, and she looks DAMN good! A lot better than other female rock stars AND rock
chicks that have been around. Granted her voice is Nasal but she
can sing very well when given the right song that brings out her
distinctive voice and emotion she puts into a song. I will take
Cher over Britney Spears, Christina A., and some of those female
rappers and singers who have no talent. Some do some don't.
But no one can ever take the place of Aretha Franklin as the #1
all time best ever. At least in my generation.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour