ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
"On the Road" World Tour 2002-2003

Announcing The Tour - NYC May 7, 2002
By Peter Morgan
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A picture of the blimp Return to archive Page: 1 2
05-03-02 03:08 PM
Tom From the Undercover list by XXXXXX

Undercover - The Rolling Stones Mailing List
==============================================
http://www.avenue1.com/cheesefactory/images/TheBlimp.jpg

Woo Hoo!
Just got it!
[Edited by Tom]

Tom, I edited your message our friend does not want the Stones camp to get mad at her for releasing it
before the press conference.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
05-03-02 03:16 PM
Cardinal Ximinez That is the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen.

Oh yeah, lots of bands have a jet...but only one has a fucking BLIMP!

The Stones rule. Period.
05-03-02 03:22 PM
Honky Tonker As the Cardinal says that is too cool!
05-03-02 03:24 PM
Maxlugar YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT IS THAT COOL!!!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!

BLIMP!!

BLIMP!!

BL-BLIMP!!!!

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLD ME XIMY!!!

Maxlugar!
05-03-02 03:32 PM
Stones NOBODY comes close to The Stones !
05-03-02 03:35 PM
sandrew I'm on record here as predicting they wouldn't use a blimp - I now happily eat the proverbial crow. Having seen this, I think it's their best kick-off yet...
05-03-02 03:36 PM
Cardinal Ximinez My genitals have swollen to about blimp size.

I am going to put that picture on a fucking t-shirt.

Uhhhhh...the blimp, that is...not my swollen genitals.
05-03-02 03:40 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I'm stopping at Radio Shack on the way home, and buy one of those RC blimps...I'm gonna paint the fucker yellow, and put big "Tongue" stickers on the sides!

A fucking BLIMP! I thought it was just bullshit hype. But it ISN'T hype. It's fucking real!

Unbelievable!
05-03-02 04:09 PM
winter The Blimp thing is pretty frickin' amazing. Hopefully the boys will use similar creative wisdom in selecting the set lists for the tour!!!!!!!
05-03-02 04:18 PM
Nellcote ON WITH THE SHOW-GOOD HEALTH TO YOU!!!

IT'S THE MILLENIUM VERSION OF THE 75 TOUR PROP!!

THIS IS THE BALLS!!!

Nellcote
05-03-02 04:26 PM
winter What would really be the balls (well not exactly), is if the blimp was in the shape of the '75 tour prop.

Reminds me of the ending of Austin Powers II.
05-03-02 04:29 PM
KeepRigid "That is the coolest fucking thing I have ever seen."

Speak for everyone, Cardinal.

Man, how can I get the job of piloting that thing?
05-03-02 04:42 PM
Scot Rocks WOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING, LOOK AT IT IN ALL ITS GLORY

THIS KICKS SERIOUS ASS,

WHAT CAN I SAY I AM SPEECHLESS, EVERY TIME I LOOK AT THE BLIMP MY JAW DROPS 10 FEET AND I FALL OF MY CHAIR WITH EXCITEMENT...

THIS IS ROCK AND ROLL HISTORY IN THE MAKING, A BLIMP A FECKIN BLIMP FOR CHRISTS SAKE THEY REALLY ARE GOING TO FLY A ZEPPLIN INTO NYC... I STILL CAN'T BELEIVE IT IS IT A MIRAGE...NO IT ISN'T...JESUS THE BIGGEST ENTRANCE BY THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD. NO ONE WILL EVER SURPASS THIS!!!!!!!

TUESDAY WILL BE BRILLIANT, THEY ARE ACTUALLY GOING TO DO IT, I THOUGHT MAYBE, BUT COMMON SENSE TOLD ME NO...BUT THIS IS THE FRIGGIN ROLLING STONES NO.1 FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!

An overwhelmedexcitedshocked!!!!! Mark
05-03-02 05:00 PM
Martha Thanks for the photographic proof. I am not at the fan level of moist of you...but I felt all along that the blimp rumor was true. The Stones can do any fuckin thing they want as far as I'm concerned. How cool!! I hope everyone in the vicinity can make it to the actual event. please post photos asap...and enjoy it for me in Ohio!

love and peace and r&r,
it's a party now,
martha
05-03-02 05:26 PM
Maxlugar I am home now and I'm still visibly shaken by this Blimp.

Holy friggin' fuck is this a great promo!

Oh my God! Song parody alert! Go!

One Blimp (To the Body)

I looked up in the clear blue sky

I'm just little Maxy below.

The site of a Blimp Excites me.

A giant tongue floating slow.

And it's.

ONE BLIMP TO THE BODY!

Heading right straight for the Bronx.

And it's.

ONE BLIMP TO THE BODY!

Oh shit, na-thin' rhymes with The Bronx.

Thanks!

Hey has anyone else noticed how small that cabin looks? Shit, it looks like it'll be the boys and like one guy driving. I hope they don't shit their pants up in that thing. I went on a hot air balloon ride once and I've got to tell you, it was the scariest God dmaned thing I ever did.

Whatever.

The Rolling Stones fear nothing!

This Blimp is right up there with the Lotus Stage and the inflatable cock!

Gott bail.

Maxy!
05-03-02 06:41 PM
nankerphelge One point that all you 70s era Stones fans will appreciate is that the fucking blimp is yellow. Just like all the 70s album lables and 70s T-shirts -- the fucking blimp is Stones-yellow.

I love it
I love this band
We love the greatest fucking band in the history of man
05-03-02 07:25 PM
sarah And Now Lady's and Gentalmen the Rolling Stones!
05-03-02 07:28 PM
Angiegirl No wonder ticket prices must be so high! But it's a kewl thang.
05-03-02 07:45 PM
Maxlugar Hi everyone!

I just came up from the Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy to see what's up with you guys and I see Nanky has touched on something I forgot to mention earlier. I hadn't thought about the yellow background. Great work nanky! You're right! But the Stones tongue is red! I find this important. It's not bluish gray with french ticklers on it. It doesn't have a pin through it. It's not red white and blue.

It's the FUCKING CLASSIC STONES TONGUE!!

YES!!!

I really can't wait to see this thing floating over Manhattan.

Looking at it, I don't think it's a one shot thing either. I imagine it will follow them at every city during the tour. Ya know? It's not a Goodyear Blimp with a Stones tongue pasted on it. This is theirs for the duration.

This is Spinal Tap to the 100th degree!

I love it!

It's now my background for my PC.

Ximy, you had a great idea with the Radio Shack Blimp thingy. Should we get one for the press conference and float it over their Stonesian heads?

Developing.....

Maxy

05-03-02 08:39 PM
nanky Hey Max - time for a simuldrink!

I am now opening an ice-cold Heineken
Ready 1-2-3

MMMMMmmmmmmm

Oh what a sad day.
I am officially out of chiba
sniff sniff

Thank god for the blimp
Oh how I wish i could be there to see it

05-03-02 08:42 PM
glencar When is this PC? I have to be at work by 230PM so I'm wondering if the trek up to the loverly Bronx is a good idea.
05-03-02 08:44 PM
nanky Another point -- the tongue has the registered trademark indicia -- that's good lawyering there!
05-03-02 09:12 PM
stonedinaustralia pure stones genius

i wonder whose idea it was?

i want one
05-03-02 09:48 PM
Jerry I rode a blimp once. I paid top dollar to ride Vegas.com The worlds only floating website. Anyway, they were open in Vegas around 98-00 or something like that. The blimp rides were over $200, but damn well worth it. You can hang out the flippin windows andlook down on The Vegas Strip.
As for passengers, I would expect no one but the driver and The Boys! There is a weight restriction and that varies on weather conditions. Putting more than 5 guys would stress it too much. One reason Vegas.com went broke was refunding too many passengers. Depending on the weather, sometimes only 3 could ride and 6 had bought! Even on my ride, we all weighed in before take off and only 2 were allowed to ride. Yesp, just 2 and the driver. Theses ships are weird like that. Just thought I would share the knowledge. As of now in the usa, there is nowhere that you can purchase a ride on a blimp! The lightshipgroup was trying to relocate to Sandiego, but never did.
05-03-02 10:59 PM
Larry Dallas I took a printed copy of today's press leak, took it to my local bar and passed it around to a couple of friends. I let them know that world's greatest fucking rock n roll band is about to kick some ass once again. The blimp is only the start of another great run by Charlie and the boys. No other band, including the one from liverpool, could ever eclipse what's about to happen this fall. Move over critics, move over Sir Paul and your makeshift band, because the Fucking Rolling Stones are back! And tell Elton John and his surgically pasted hair to keep his fucking mouth shut this time.
05-03-02 11:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I am home now and I'm still visibly shaken by this Blimp.

Holy friggin' fuck is this a great promo!

This Blimp is right up there with the Lotus Stage and the inflatable cock!

Gott bail.

Maxy!

"Gott bail". That's what Hitler said when he got outta Landsberg.

I'm with you, M-mmmmmmxy my BROTHER. This Blimp is the cooooolest thing EVER.

Cooler than toe rings.

I gotta sheepishly admit that up until today I doubted the verity of the Blimp story. "I was looking out the window and a big Stones blimp floated out of the neighborhood dirigible factory." Yeah RIGHT, Cheech, pass the chiba.

But I was WRONG.

How could I have doubted the STONES?

Hey, they don't fill them with explosive gases anymore, do they?

Blimps, that is. Not the Stones.

I haven't gotten definite word from the Cardinal yet, but I HAVE to come to NYC to see this.

Developing.
05-04-02 04:12 AM
F505 You all know what happened to the Hindenburg?

(Joking. It's indeed a great way to announce a tour)

Let's hope the Stones will hit the Paradiso once more in 2003. It was the most thrilling performance I ever saw.
05-04-02 09:58 AM
nankerphelge Old blimps used hydrogen - very bad -- a la Hindenberg
New blimps use Helium - very stable and non flamable
Whipits use Nitrous Oxide - very intoxicating and makes your head lighter than air for about 15 second.
Chiba uses THC -- a psychoactive compound that, when properly administered, can provide a total body buzz for up to 4 hours.

The key is to smoke some chiba, sneak into the Stones blimp on Tuesday when everyone is paying attention to the Stones, commandeer the blimp, do a Whip-it and take the blimp for a joy ride!
05-04-02 10:09 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Hey Nanky!

I don't need to steal the blimp....I just bought one.

It's even a yellow blimp.

I gotta find some big tongue stickers for it.

My plan is that by next weekend, I will be piloting my very own Stones blimp.

Ha HA!
05-04-02 05:52 PM
nankerphelge No shit
I showed the pic to mrs nankerphelge and told her you were picking up a radio-controlled blimp!

Put a note on it that says
"The C10 say you guys fucking rule!" and fly it up to them at the conference
Page: 1 2

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.