ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Doris Richards Funeral - 1 May 2007
© Matrix with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: One thing I love about "Moonlight Mile" Return to archive Page: 1 2
23rd April 2007 11:03 PM
Mel Belli How, in the last 1:20, Mick Taylor's guitar sounds like it's coming from a different place than the rest of the track. It totally adds to the song's sense of distance and road-weariness.
23rd April 2007 11:06 PM
ExileIzzy Great song, one of my favorites

23rd April 2007 11:42 PM
Throwaway the mixing/"interplay" of the guitars/strings/piano is incredible
23rd April 2007 11:47 PM
Mel Belli A truly inspired mix-down. The producers and engineers who worked with the Stones in those days were damn near co-composers. A real blessing to the band -- and to us.
23rd April 2007 11:50 PM
sirmoonie There are moments in Moonlight Mile, when Mick Jagger is at his finest.
24th April 2007 12:14 AM
pdog the best thing about this song, are those moents when you're alone and listening to it, your skin gets bumpy and your eyes begin to fill with tears, as the music collides with some old memory, and only you know this feeling, I'm talking about...
24th April 2007 12:15 AM
GotToRollMe Yes, one of the most beautifully crafted Stones songs...a minor masterpiece. I love this song.
24th April 2007 12:17 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Yes, one of the most beautifully crafted Stones songs...a minor masterpiece. I love this song.

If that's minor, what's major?!
24th April 2007 12:19 AM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Exile On Main St.
24th April 2007 12:20 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:

Exile On Main St.

Well, yeah!
24th April 2007 12:27 AM
Mel Belli Song for song, "Moonlight Mile" is as good as anything on "Exile."
24th April 2007 01:01 AM
ExileIzzy
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

Let It Loose
24th April 2007 01:05 AM
pdog
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Song for song, "Moonlight Mile" is as good as anything on "Exile."

Lovin' Cup
24th April 2007 06:01 AM
PartyDoll MEG I love Exile ..but I never get tired of listening to Moonlight Mile...Easily in my top ten..might even make the top 5!
24th April 2007 07:49 AM
Bruno And apart of what everybody said, I love how Mick finishes his vocal part with that "baby ah ah ah ah ah" full of vibrato. Fucking thrilling!

Repeating myself: imagine what it would be if the two Micks had worked together more often.
24th April 2007 08:05 AM
speedfreakjive just listened to it again on my MP3 player - an awesome track, great lyrics, melody and strings
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
24th April 2007 08:28 AM
oldkr I love the fact that the track sounds like a burlap sack full of drowning cats...oh what MT would give for a burlap sack now...

OLE'KR
24th April 2007 08:56 AM
lotsajizz Watts is fantastic on 'Moonlight Mile'; his rumbling sequence of crescendos is breath-taking.
24th April 2007 09:07 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Repeating myself: imagine what it would be if the two Micks had worked together more often.

MT might've been more inclined to do had MJ thrown a few songwriting credits his way...
24th April 2007 09:07 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Bruno wrote:

MT might've been more inclined to do had MJ thrown a few songwriting credits his way...
24th April 2007 09:26 AM
Homercles Beautiful song. Got goosepimples just thinking about it.
24th April 2007 10:03 AM
Lord Homosex Beautiful melodies abounding. Lyrics are superb. Arrangement is tops. Instrumentation and performance is perfect. For many years it was just about my fave.
That explosion of Jagger, cymbals and strings after Charlie's and Taylor's crescendo is awesome "I;m coming home!"
There are only a handful passages in all of music that are total perfection. In Beethoven's 7th Sym/1st movement there is such a passage.
24th April 2007 10:23 AM
Saint Sway my favorite Stones song.
24th April 2007 11:40 AM
Nasty Habits The rolling floor toms on this song have always reminded me of the Velvet Underground for some reason - it acheives a similar grandeur of something like "The Ocean" or "Lady Godiva's Operation".

I was driving to the flea market this Saturday at an ungodly hour in the morning when this song came on the ole Ipod. Pdog's right - the best times to hear this song is when you're alone and either about to go to sleep or aren't fully awake yet.

Some of my favorite Stones lyrics ever - "made a ragpile of my shiny clothes", "the sound of strangers sending nothing to my mind", "I am sleeping under strange strange skies" . . .

Then the song ended and the Lyres came on!

And I scored some awesome shit at the flea market, despite the fact that Greg Cartwirght and I pulled in at the exact same time, a happenstance that usually spells severely depleted vinyl scores for the both of us!

Has anyone here ever heard Curtis Knight's post-Hendrix funk/psych masterpiece Down in the Valley?

24th April 2007 07:13 PM
Carol Sigmaringa
quote:
pdog wrote:
the best thing about this song, are those moents when you're alone and listening to it, your skin gets bumpy and your eyes begin to fill with tears, as the music collides with some old memory, and only you know this feeling, I'm talking about...

This song for me is more like a sensation, a feeling...I love it!
24th April 2007 07:28 PM
fireontheplatter great song indeed, but no nearly as heart felt as streets of love.
24th April 2007 08:14 PM
Throwaway
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
great song indeed, but no nearly as heart felt as streets of love.

Please be kidding?
24th April 2007 08:29 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Throwaway wrote:

Please be kidding?

what kind of stones fan are you anyway?

just try it tomorrow morning as you are coming around with the morning cup of coffee and you'll see what i mean.

it works...it really does....well for me it does anyway.

24th April 2007 08:36 PM
Throwaway Don't get me wrong I actually like SOL, and live i actually admit to loving it. But the singing on MM is one of Jagger's top 3 vocals, IMO
24th April 2007 08:59 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Throwaway wrote:
Don't get me wrong I actually like SOL, and live i actually admit to loving it. But the singing on MM is one of Jagger's top 3 vocals, IMO

I think its even with Let it loose.... The end where Jagger, lets out his yelp is one of the moving things I've ever laid ears on.....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)