ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

In disgusie opening for the Stones with Billy Preston
© 1973 London Features International
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RS - South American Tour! Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 15th, 2005 02:47 PM
Madafaka First of all, thank you very much to 'Banquete de Pordioseros' and IORR.

Buenos Aires (Argentina), Santiago de Chile (Chile), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Mexico City (Mexico) dates are marked as 'RUMOURED'
Check this out: http://www.iorr.org/tour05/index.htm
April 15th, 2005 02:58 PM
nankerphelge RIO!

MUST GO TO RIO.......
April 15th, 2005 03:04 PM
marko I´m actually thinkin of going to SA........so who knows!
April 15th, 2005 03:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
First of all, thank you very much to 'Banquete de Pordioseros' and IORR.

Buenos Aires (Argentina), Santiago de Chile (Chile), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil) and Mexico City (Mexico) dates are marked as 'RUMOURED'
Check this out: http://www.iorr.org/tour05/index.htm

As usual, rumors. Good to read anyway. But I'm pretty sure they will never schedule the South American leg and Brazil with just one city (Rio de Janeiro on our case), as we have São Paulo, the 3rd biggest city in the world. Also, São Paulo is the capital city of Rock'n'Roll....São Paulo breaths fuckin' Rock'n'Roll.
April 15th, 2005 06:12 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

As usual, rumors. Good to read anyway. But I'm pretty sure they will never schedule the South American leg and Brazil with just one city (Rio de Janeiro on our case), as we have São Paulo, the 3rd biggest city in the world. Also, São Paulo is the capital city of Rock'n'Roll....São Paulo breaths fuckin' Rock'n'Roll.

Sao Paulo breaths pollution, JJF. I don't know any pple who likes Rock in São Paulo. You like most is country.

Anyway, they will come to play here in my city at any friday nightin my next b-day, to me and some girls. Drinks in tha house, except for Ronnie.

April 15th, 2005 08:08 PM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

You look very pesimist, my dear irmao... Rio, Sao Paulo WTF? I wanna see Stones in South America again!
You live in the 3rd biggest city in the world, but Stones has played in Buenos Aires 10 times. Size doesn't matter!
April 15th, 2005 08:14 PM
Jair
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

You look very pesimist, my dear irmao... Rio, Sao Paulo WTF? I wanna see Stones in South America again!
You live in the 3rd biggest city in the world, but Stones has played in Buenos Aires 10 times. Size doesn't matter!

hey Madafaka, they also has played here ten times.
I didnt miss any
April 15th, 2005 08:53 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Oh, I didn't mean that size DOES matter. But if they still can act reasonably enough, no way they would arrange the South American leg, including Brazil with just Rio de Janeiro.

"You better you bet Ronnie!"
April 15th, 2005 08:56 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

Sao Paulo breaths pollution, JJF. I don't know any pple who likes Rock in São Paulo. You like most is country.

Anyway, they will come to play here in my city at any friday nightin my next b-day, to me and some girls. Drinks in tha house, except for Ronnie.

I know you tried again to cause another nervous breakdown on me, another heart attack, but I won't fall on your trap again Jair. Say what you want. Maybe in the near future you will face me and won't have guts enough to upset me and I'm sure we will share many cold beers.
April 15th, 2005 10:50 PM
Soldatti The news made my day, only 10 months away from the date!
April 15th, 2005 11:10 PM
Madafaka Of course! They will play in Sao Paulo and Rio, JJF!

Jair, when Stones has played ten times there?
April 16th, 2005 03:34 PM
Bruno Stone Alguma chance deles virem tocar em Fortaleza, Ceará?

May they come to play in Fortaleza, Ceará?

I`ll call Michael Cohl right now to manage it.
April 16th, 2005 05:21 PM
gustavobala AND SAO PAULO ??????????????????????????

MAN, HERE LIVES MORE THAN 11 MILLION PEOPLE....in the "great sao paulo" is more 7 millions = 18 MILLIONS, and nothing???

this rumors is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 16th, 2005 05:52 PM
egon seems marseille's missing in that list....?
April 16th, 2005 07:13 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
AND SAO PAULO ??????????????????????????

MAN, HERE LIVES MORE THAN 11 MILLION PEOPLE....in the "great sao paulo" is more 7 millions = 18 MILLIONS, and nothing???

this rumors is crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course they won't schedule only Rio de Janeiro. Just remember the previous Tours (except Licks Tour). São Paulo breaths more Rock'n'Roll than Rio de Janeiro.
April 17th, 2005 01:22 PM
Madafaka Calm down, there are only rumors... Cross your fingers!
April 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
Jair
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Of course! They will play in Sao Paulo and Rio, JJF!

Jair, when Stones has played ten times there?

Well, you know, in '95 & '98, isn't right?
And, besides, I was also counting the personal Jagger's visits to Luciana Gimenez
More than ten, believe me.
April 17th, 2005 04:28 PM
glencar All stadiums or any arenas/club dates?
April 17th, 2005 11:18 PM
Madafaka In Buenos Aires only stadiums. 10 River Plate (the biggest stadium here)
April 17th, 2005 11:25 PM
gustavobala here in brazil too: only stadiuns
April 18th, 2005 04:08 PM
Carol Sigmaringa I don't care about anything if they're coming to Rio!!!
Once, Mick came to a party close to my house...but I just found out some days after that.
I heard that he met Luciana there..but I don't know if it's true.

I'll start to pray right now...for the first time in my life!
Who knows...maybe we can meet there...

Carol
April 18th, 2005 04:35 PM
Gazza As well as the probable shows in Mexico, Argentina & Brazil (and maybe Chile or other south American shows) it also seems that the Stones are hoping on this tour to play in Puerto Rico for the first time ever.
April 18th, 2005 05:46 PM
Madafaka Really? Wow... It could be amazing...

'We're gonna come around at twelve, with some Puerto Rican girls that are just dyin' to meet you...'

April 18th, 2005 09:38 PM
Soldatti Puerto Rico?
Maybe Mick want a duet with Ricky Martin this time.
April 19th, 2005 04:12 PM
Bruno Stone
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Puerto Rico?
Maybe Mick want a duet with Ricky Martin this time.

LOL Mick singing and dancing to ''Livin La Vida Loca'' would result in a great footage dont you think?
April 19th, 2005 08:25 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
As well as the probable shows in Mexico, Argentina & Brazil (and maybe Chile or other south American shows) it also seems that the Stones are hoping on this tour to play in Puerto Rico for the first time ever.

Where'd you hear this, Gazza? I wonder if he'll skip that Puerto Rican girls line in Miss You?
April 19th, 2005 09:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Bruno Stone wrote:

LOL Mick singing and dancing to ''Livin La Vida Loca'' would result in a great footage dont you think?

A great footage? It would be a nightmare!
April 19th, 2005 11:42 PM
Madafaka
quote:
glencar wrote:
I wonder if he'll skip that Puerto Rican girls line in Miss You?

I don't think so...
April 20th, 2005 04:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

Where'd you hear this, Gazza? I wonder if he'll skip that Puerto Rican girls line in Miss You?

To be honest, I cant remember, but I've read it on at least two different places on the 'net in recent weeks and from sources that I'd normally consider pretty reputable
April 20th, 2005 09:25 AM
erikjjf The Puerto Rico rumour was posted on www.doctorstones.net under the News section.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour