ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Big Lebowski Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 13th, 2004 08:36 AM
Zeeta

What an excellent piece of film anmd cool soundtrack!

Now my favourite!

Discuss.................................
April 13th, 2004 08:39 AM
corgi37 Yeah, a bit of a masterpiece. Corgi like.
April 13th, 2004 08:46 AM
mac_daddy when it first oopened, I went to see it with my then-girlfriend. I laughed all the way through, and really enjoyed it. When we walked out, I could see that my ex had been crying, and when i asked her what was wrong, she replied that the movie reminded her of me - "That's you..." she cried. Needless to say we didn't last much longer...

great soundtrack for sure.

one of the finer Coen Bros. movies (hanent seen Ladykillers yet)

April 13th, 2004 08:49 AM
sirmoonie "What's a pederast, Walter?"
April 13th, 2004 09:41 AM
jb The coen brothers are probably the best Indie film producers ever!!!
April 13th, 2004 10:11 AM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
The coen brothers are probably the best Indie film producers ever!!!

Hey, where'd you get the Mel Gibson smilie? Cool!

I agree with you 1000% on the Coen Brothers. (Hey, I bet they're Jews!) I'll have to watch The Big L again, because it was one of my least favorites - but I really love everything they've done. Even the ones nobody went to see, like The Man Who Wasn't There or The Hudsucker Proxy. I just saw Intolerable Cruelty this weekend, and it's brilliant. As the hero (George Clooney) is a lawyer, I'd recommend you see it.
April 13th, 2004 10:16 AM
jb They are Jews alright....remember, Hollywood is controlled by the Jews...same for the 'Elite" media which is anothe code word for Jewish media....you learn a lot from watching Fox News....
[Edited by jb]
April 13th, 2004 10:25 AM
sirmoonie "I'm not going to debate you Jerry! Blood has been shed. Things have changed. Force majeure."
April 13th, 2004 10:27 AM
Ctiger2 Great movie....Inspired me to start drinkin White Russians!

One White Russian a day keeps the doctor away.
April 13th, 2004 10:46 AM
sirmoonie The most mongacious of all Coen Bro quotes:

"Out with the old spiritual mumbo-jumbo, the superstitions and the backward ways. We're gonna see a brave new world where they run everyone a wire and hook us all up to a grid. Yessir, a veritable age of reason...."
April 13th, 2004 11:03 AM
ResidentMule name me one better film
April 13th, 2004 11:58 AM
FPM C10
quote:
ResidentMule wrote:
name me one better film

Better than "the Big Lebowski"? Well, "better" is hard to define, but I'll go with the one referenced by my esteemed colleague Sirmoonie (C10)- "O Brother Where Art Thou", as well as the one I just saw, "Intolerable Cruelty".

Whatever film you come up with as "better", chances are good the Coen Bros made it. They are just great film-makers.

Sirmoonie - great to see you back. We were all worried about you.

Have YOU seen "Intolerable Cruelty"? Ya needs ta. Bein' a law-talkin' guy an' all.
April 13th, 2004 11:59 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
They are Jews alright....remember, Hollywood is controlled by the Jews...same for the 'Elite" media which is anothe code word for Jewish media....you learn a lot from watching Fox News....
[Edited by jb]

There's no excuse for Rupert Murdoch... And thanks for Jews like the Coen brothers!!!
April 13th, 2004 12:03 PM
jb I was being sarcastic as you know....Fox news, sadly , is where most Americans get their news from. It is supposedly "Fair and Balanced" as long as you agree with their point of view.
April 13th, 2004 12:12 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
jb wrote:
I was being sarcastic as you know....Fox news, sadly , is where most Americans get their news from. It is supposedly "Fair and Balanced" as long as you agree with their point of view.

Yes, I aware of that. I was just going with the flow.

And the Coen brothers ARE good!
April 13th, 2004 12:17 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
I was being sarcastic as you know....Fox news, sadly , is where most Americans get their news from. It is supposedly "Fair and Balanced" as long as you agree with their point of view.

jb you make me sad. 30.5 million people get their news
from CBS, NBC, & ABC. All three raving flaming liberals
Basically indoctrination

600,000 get their news from Fox

Those crazy Coen brothers. I thought their "Something About Mary" wasn't as good as "Dumb and Dumber"

You?
April 13th, 2004 12:20 PM
jb There is a new book coming out Tele about how Fox has trounced CNN in the news area...it should make you very happy!!!
April 13th, 2004 12:23 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
There is a new book coming out Tele about how Fox has trounced CNN in the news area...it should make you very happy!!!

They should because:

1. Fox has hotter chicks

2. People don't want to hear people (CNN) bad mouth the US
all day
April 13th, 2004 12:24 PM
ResidentMule amI the only person who didn't like O Brother Where Art Thou? i think I am. anyway, that movie doesn't have dick on Lebowski
April 13th, 2004 12:31 PM
telecaster http://www.allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=2:85375

I didn't know Joel directed "Fargo"
April 13th, 2004 01:17 PM
Bloozehound
"You said it man. Nobody fucks with the Jesus."

April 13th, 2004 01:24 PM
jb
April 13th, 2004 01:56 PM
glencar People liked this piece of shit? It had some funny scenes but didn't hold up as a film. BTW The Coens started off with "Blood Simple" and it's been downhill ever since.
April 13th, 2004 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
People liked this piece of shit? It had some funny scenes but didn't hold up as a film. BTW The Coens started off with "Blood Simple" and it's been downhill ever since.

The Coens are the greatest Jewish indie film producers ever...better than even harvey Weinstei n from Miramax!!
April 13th, 2004 01:59 PM
glencar Well, Harvey is in a class by himself. He has his name attached to more great films but most times he came along at the end & slapped his name on for distribution purposes. The Coens produce & direct from day one. Talking apples & oranges.
April 13th, 2004 02:01 PM
jb What happened to Pia Zadora's ex husband?
April 13th, 2004 02:02 PM
glencar Meshulim Riklis? Jail.
April 13th, 2004 02:04 PM
jb Yes..the Israeli billionaire who funded her singing/acting career before she dumped him.
April 13th, 2004 02:04 PM
glencar Did it do her any good?
April 13th, 2004 02:06 PM
jb I remember her performing on Merv Griffin and she did make braodway....I imagine she got a huge $$$$$ settlement from him....
Page: 1 2