ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Villa Nellcote Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 9th, 2004 05:44 AM
egon I'm going to nice for the weekend and i might go and see villa nelcote.

That is, if i can find it...

i know it's in Villefranche Sur Mer, but does anyone know the street?

Thanks
April 9th, 2004 06:27 AM
Jacques Hi Egon
the street is

Avenue Louise Borde.
Villefranche sur mer

You can contact my friend Matthieu, the webmaster of the French website Le Club Des Stones , he has been to Nellcote villa a few years ago. He can explain how to go there.

Le Club Des Stones
April 9th, 2004 06:35 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Merci Jacques... I already corrected the header with your information and regardless that the Rolling Stones are not there anymnore (1) The vibes remain (2) They soon are going to recors in FRANCE again

Keep on rocking my friend(s)
April 9th, 2004 06:54 AM
egon merci jaques.

i am sure i'll be able to find it now!

ciao
April 9th, 2004 09:02 AM
nankerphelge Maybe it's just me, but whenever I see pix from the recording of Exile I get this weird feeling -- like I'm witnessing something not of this Earth!
April 9th, 2004 09:16 AM
beer
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I see pix from the recording of Exile I get this weird feeling -- like I'm witnessing something not of this Earth!

I know what you mean. the Nellcote pictures are my favorite.
April 9th, 2004 05:02 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Maybe it's just me, but whenever I see pix from the recording of Exile I get this weird feeling -- like I'm witnessing something not of this Earth!

Yeah Mastermind, me too, me too.... Those probably were the days..

People, could you please post more pictures from the Exile sessions over there in this basement? I will appreciate it!

Thanks!
April 9th, 2004 05:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
....your information and regardless that the Rolling Stones are not there anymnore (1) The vibes remain

Yes indeed.... buildings can have a tendency to pick up and store certain vibrations. "Hauntings" are just extreme examples.
April 9th, 2004 07:15 PM
nankerphelge I knew I wasn't the only one!!

I am among fellow mutants!!!!
April 9th, 2004 08:23 PM
gypsy I'm re-building my "Exile" photo album...with the help of throbby and a bunch of old french books/magazines w/ Tarle pics I have...so, here is the link...there will be more pics added whenever I get more time.

http://groups.msn.com/AnitaPallenberg/exile3.msnw?albumlist=2
April 9th, 2004 09:26 PM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I knew I wasn't the only one!!

I am among fellow mutants!!!!

Not only are you among fellow mutuants...JJF considers you "the Mastermind".

LMAO.....

JJF is a true classic on RO!!!

LJ.
April 10th, 2004 03:43 AM
beer there was a link that had a bunch of cool pictures that somebody took in 1991 or so that had photos outside and inside Nellcote, if i remember correctlty they were taken when the new residents were away and only the maid was there. they were really great, but i can't find the link no more.
anyway, Gypsy used to have lots of cool exile pics. hope she gets 'em back.
April 10th, 2004 10:35 AM
parmeda
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Agreed Nanky...
Wanna have another out-of-body experience?
...Step through the front doors of Chess Studios in Chicago.

Goosebumps.
April 10th, 2004 11:24 AM
gypsy beer, I'm putting the Exile pics back up...slowly but surely. There's even a link up top on my previous post, so you can look at what I've got already...only about 4 pages...but I will add more as soon as I get the time...I've got a TON scanned.
I've got that link to the Nellcote pics for that other site. Let me go look it up, then I'll post it here.
April 10th, 2004 11:30 AM
gypsy Here's the link to the Exile era pics...when you get to the bottom of the page, there is another link to view the recent pics inside and out of Villa Nellcote.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/iduneau/papawas.html
[Edited by gypsy]
April 10th, 2004 11:34 AM
gypsy One more thing...who is posting the Tarle header pics here at RO? Any chance of getting permission to add them to my Anita community (with full credit of course).
April 10th, 2004 11:45 AM
SeerSuckersuit Gypsy ... Thank you for posting that last addy as a clickable link ... I couldn't get the first one to work .... Thank you
[Edited by SeerSuckersuit]
April 10th, 2004 06:52 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Here's the link to the Exile era pics...when you get to the bottom of the page, there is another link to view the recent pics inside and out of Villa Nellcote.

http://perso.club-internet.fr/iduneau/papawas.html
[Edited by gypsy]

Yeah Gypsy, thanks! In fact, I took some pictures from this link, and posted on the "Jagglicious/Keithlicious thread", including that one in honour of Lady Jane.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
April 10th, 2004 07:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Not only are you among fellow mutuants...JJF considers you "the Mastermind".

LMAO.....

JJF is a true classic on RO!!!

LJ.

Oh yes sweetie, he is the master criminal, one of my favourite things here. D.C. and its lawsuits are waiting for this brunet brazilian Rock'n'Roller!

Watch out pretty ladies.... cause I'm the boogie man...

"So little girl becareful, when you're on your own tonight
'Cause I'm your boogie man, your boogie man"

LOL

I love AC/DC!
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
April 10th, 2004 08:49 PM
nankerphelge Master criminal???

Not me!!

I am an upstanding member!

No, wait... I'm wrong ...

I HAVE an upstanding member!!
April 10th, 2004 09:07 PM
J.J.Flash Nah, you are the one and only Nankerphelge, the coolest!

"You ain't nothin' but a Hound Dog..."
April 11th, 2004 12:00 PM
egon i'm back and here's my report;

villefranche is a very very pretty village, in which you can drive around for hours... even days...weeks...
the area around it is beautiful as well, you can get lost there...

end report.
April 11th, 2004 12:09 PM
caro Man, egon! A thread with 20 replies just for you and you didn't find it!
BTW, did you visit that little church (chapel?) painted by Cocteau near the beach? I went there once, and thought probably Anita spent a lot of time there...
Oh - I didn't find Nellcote either, but I didn't have a car, and only 1 hour left before taking the next train.
April 12th, 2004 04:51 AM
egon well, i found the road eventually, but did not manage to find the house.

and i must say, the prospect of having some beers in nice, did not make me wanna look for it all day
April 12th, 2004 02:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
One more thing...who is posting the Tarle header pics here at RO? Any chance of getting permission to add them to my Anita community (with full credit of course).

Who? Well... it's me, of course you can use them, please just give the credits to Dominique Tarlé or e-mail me to give you exact sources (Rolling Stone Magazine for the Leeds Univesity show, Stones New Fanzine (SFTD France), The Making of Exile book, and other magazines)

I'm not sure if Dominique has a website, but he MUST have one
April 12th, 2004 09:09 PM
gypsy Thanks, Voodoo! You are so nice! I'm at work now...off tomorrow...I'll drop you a line.
April 13th, 2004 06:22 AM
Jacques Hi Voodoo
great magazine you got, I don't know how you manage to get it. LOL
April 13th, 2004 06:51 AM
FotiniD Speaking of Nellcote, I don't know if it's been discussed in the past or if it's common knowledge and I'm clueless but how did the villa pass on to other owners? I mean, when did Keith actually sell it and why? It looks like an amazing house from the pictures and given the -good- memories it has stored, I wouldn't dream of selling it. (Hmm, possibly after the incident with the kid dying and the gun?)
April 13th, 2004 08:33 AM
bez85 I was under the impression that he was renting it..anyone know for sure?
April 13th, 2004 09:04 AM
egon i could always go back and find out.
i'll take a week off work.
Page: 1 2