ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1994 José Luis Velasco
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick is actually very much involved in computers....From Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2
April 8th, 2004 03:58 AM
IanBillen Kinda interesting I was remembering this,
OK: little known fact-Mick is actually a pretty big computer tech head underneath. He doesn't like to show this side of himself to the public a whole lot becuae when you think of Mick Jagger you think of wild and out there dude yet very shrewed and intelligent at the same time. However the computer geek part of it all may be a little out of place for him so he kinda keeps that part away from the public eye.
(Seen an interview with him talking about computers and
the evolution of the information technology field and
he was very much involved with it over the past 10-15
years. The person in the interview also stated Jagger is
an undercover tech-head)
The "webbed" wall behing the Voodoo Lounge stage that lit up was supposed to signify the internet. Part Mark Fisher and part Mick Jagger idea. Thought it was a little interesting and wanted to share it for those who may of not known these things.
All very True.
Ian
April 8th, 2004 06:14 AM
egon maybe mick can fix the problem with today's header?
April 8th, 2004 05:36 PM
Diedre I was surfing around about repairing hard drives, and one site was for a business that restores drives. One of their stories about customers they dealt with was Keith Richards. He had his hard drive crash while the Stones were on tour and they were called into repair it. Keith was upset because he lost his notes, e-mail addresses, etc. This was back during the No Security tour. So, even Keith is no Luddite, contrary to appearances.
April 8th, 2004 05:40 PM
Joey " maybe mick can fix the problem with today's header? "

YOU MAKE JOEY LAUGH LIKE HELL !

April 8th, 2004 06:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Look. Of course. Fuck, Bill has run his own website for years. I suspect the Stones read these boards everyday. It would be nice if they posted once in awhile though....On Johnny Cash's board, he's got a couple of daughters who are "regulars". It adds a really nice touch. They said a couple of times how much Johnny really appreciated the "average" fan. I think the Stones do too but probably post "anonomously". So be careful what you wish for. LOL.
April 8th, 2004 06:33 PM
Bloozehound
the headers back

April 8th, 2004 06:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

the headers back

What's he playing?
My guess LA WOMAN-DOORS?
April 8th, 2004 07:12 PM
Gazza I think its more likely that the reason he's shaking so much is because he's logged on to what we call a "left handed website"
April 8th, 2004 07:19 PM
Gazza >Look. Of course. Fuck, Bill has run his own website for years. I suspect the Stones read these boards everyday. It would be nice if they posted once in awhile though.

Bill's SF site is run by his son Stephen as far as I know, although Bill does have some input. Jagger's admitted for years he's a bit of a 'surfer' - on an AOL online interview on the BTB tour, when asked about the various Stones sites, he says he sometimes surfs in for a laugh at all the arguments. Whether he looks at boards regularly I'd doubt, but the Stones do have people specifically employed to monitor websites. Keith said in his 1998 AOL interview that he never bothers with the 'net, although his daughters do. Maybe he indulges a bit more now though, but I cant imagine him being a regular user.
April 8th, 2004 07:49 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bill's SF site is run by his son Stephen as far as I know, although Bill does have some input.

Bill tells a funny story in his book Rolling With The Stones about being the first in the band to own a personal computer in the early '80s. In fact, he tried to talk the others into buying an Apple II for the band's management offices. But Mick wasn't interested. He thought PC's had no future!

I found on this site an even funnier story...
http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=A_Mac_For_Mick.txt
Steve Jobs (a fan of the Stones?) planned in 1984 a nice publicity coup when he sent his people to Mick's appartment to deliver a brand new Macintosh computer. Mick had forgotten the appointment (partied too hard the night before, Mick? ) and things would have turned frosty if his 12 year old daughter Jade hadn't been delighted to find a new toy with MacPaint... Already a designer at that tender age!

Yes, it's weird but true: here's the actual note to arrange the delivery...

http://www.folklore.org/projects/Macintosh/images/jagger_note.jpg

Nowadays, he seems much more interested. Websurfing, emails, using the 'Net for business... And Steve Jobs is still a fan! When Apple did their 17' titanium PowerBook in 2002, there was one for Mick all right!

quote:
Jagger's admitted for years he's a bit of a 'surfer' - on an AOL online interview on the BTB tour, when asked about the various Stones sites, he says he sometimes surfs in for a laugh at all the arguments.

LOL! That does sound like Mick! Curious... and naughty!

quote:
Keith said in his 1998 AOL interview that he never bothers with the 'net, although his daughters do. Maybe he indulges a bit more now though, but I cant imagine him being a regular user.

I've read several times that Keith doesn't like phones but uses a fax a lot. Sending the kids at home little notes and funny drawings. That was a few years ago. Maybe he switched to e-mail now?
April 8th, 2004 10:41 PM
BILL PERKS ON MICKJAGGER.COM, MICK GIVES HIS ORIGINS WITH THE PC..HIS WEBSITE IS GREAT BUT IT HAS NEVER BEEN UPDATED SINCE DOGSHIT IN THE DOORWAY IN 2001.
April 9th, 2004 05:47 AM
egon and i would stay out of the mick chatroom as well.
bunch of fucking weirdos...
April 9th, 2004 03:11 PM
jb
April 9th, 2004 03:35 PM
Joey

I have been informed by reliable sources that Mick personally reads this board .

Word ! ...............To All Your Grand Pappy's !

Now GO ! ......FLY ! ..............Spread it !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

J. Fly Boy !
April 9th, 2004 03:44 PM
Bloozehound It would be cool if Keith's daughters would post here, and tell us what they are up to, and uhhh oh, I suppose what keith is up to as well.

April 9th, 2004 03:45 PM
jb
April 9th, 2004 05:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Whether he looks at boards regularly I'd doubt, but the Stones do have people specifically employed to monitor websites.

Full time? Sounds like a really fun job. You don't suppose that one or two of the regulars here are "moles" that report back to Mick? Anyway I'd like that job.
April 9th, 2004 05:43 PM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Full time? Sounds like a really fun job. You don't suppose that one or two of the regulars here are "moles" that report back to Mick? Anyway I'd like that job.

April 9th, 2004 08:08 PM
Gazza >Full time? Sounds like a really fun job. You don't suppose that one or two of the regulars here are "moles" that report back to Mick? Anyway I'd like that job.

no,I'm talking about the sort of sneaky bastards who go out of their way to send threatening letters to people for posting copyrighted tongue logos,who check in case anyone's selling bootlegs or even in one case with someone I know, harass them and threaten to initiate legal action for copyright infingement for giving away Stones merchandise from their own collection as a competition prize which they legally bought to begin with! I doubt the Stones themselves even know how overly zealous and petty some of these people are. Some people are obviously without much of a life and feel the need to impress someone I guess.

I do think (and hope) however that they do have some people checking out in case theres any potential Mark Chapman-style nuthatches out there. I know I'm not the only one who's seen a few possible candidates worthy of keeping an eye on over the last few years. That said, I think this board is free of such psychos.

I personally think though that to believe that Mick Jagger or any of the Stones spends hours online at a time every or most days reading threads on message boards is wishful thinking.
April 9th, 2004 08:43 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no,I'm talking about the sort of sneaky bastards who go out of their way to send threatening letters to people for posting copyrighted tongue logos,who check in case anyone's selling bootlegs or even in one case with someone I know, harass them and threaten to initiate legal action for copyright infingement for giving away Stones merchandise from their own collection as a competition prize which they legally bought to begin with! I doubt the Stones themselves even know how overly zealous and petty some of these people are. Some people are obviously without much of a life and feel the need to impress someone I guess.

I do think (and hope) however that they do have some people checking out in case theres any potential Mark Chapman-style nuthatches out there. I know I'm not the only one who's seen a few possible candidates worthy of keeping an eye on over the last few years. That said, I think this board is free of such psychos.

I personally think though that to believe that Mick Jagger or any of the Stones spends hours online at a time every or most days reading threads on message boards is wishful thinking.

Well. I had never thought of that. It's funny because I had just listened to "Don't talk to strangers" by Ac/Dc an hour or so ago. I mean if you have to live like that, parnanoid all the time, maybe life ain't worth living. But as far as the Stones reading boards...wtf...they're human...it's a fun thing to do. And relatively safe. At least you don't have to worry about a designated driver or having a condom in your wallet.

April 10th, 2004 01:17 AM
Diedre Stalkers on Stones boards? What about the woman that has posted on more than one board that she became pregnant with Keith's baby when she was a teenager, but somehow "lost" it in the third month. But she claims it's true, it changed her life, and she's never loved another man since 1965, even though she only *supposedly* had a one-night stand with Keith. And she's written to him about it. And goes to Stones shows.

You mean people like her? Yeah, I'd say the Internet has it's up and down sides. But it is advantageous that at least these nutjobs are more trackable because of it.
April 10th, 2004 06:47 AM
prism Mick has an Apple. There's a list of his favorite sites at mickjagger.com, if that site's still operative. There was a funny anecdote about crashing computers in his introduction on that site. He even composes music on his computer. Keith doesn't use a computer. No e-mail, only fax machine. It was probably Jane Rose's computer that needed repairs on the No Security tour.
April 10th, 2004 07:03 AM
prism I just went to mickjagger.com. Go there, click on the red MICK, then click on Message From Mick. It's all about his history with computers. It's funny. It begins:

"To err is human, but to really f#%* things up requires a computer. It took two hours fifteen minutes to download my first version of Mosaic. It was 1993 and the only web pages with graphics seemed to be a site containing extracts from the Dead Sea Scrolls, a University site featuring some Blake etchings, a tour of two rooms of the Vatican...."

His favorite sites are under My:Thology, click on Cabinet of Curiosities. He lists nytimes.com, a cricket site, a gossip site, etc.
April 15th, 2004 08:53 AM
prism At mickjagger.com Mick says "Bookmarks are the vapour trail left by jaunts into cyberspace". Then he lists his favorite bookmarks.
April 15th, 2004 09:49 AM
Ronnie B. Wood hello, im back again, i was very ill, i had hepatitis
i hope that mick is here

i had an apple, was in hackers temple,
when the internet raged, and the hard disk stank
pleased to meet you
April 15th, 2004 02:17 PM
Jumping Jack Mick and Gates are good buds which is why Microsoft got to use SMU in their ad. One day Mick wants to be as rich as Bill.
April 15th, 2004 04:25 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Gazza wrote:

no,I'm talking about the sort of sneaky bastards who go out of their way to send threatening letters to people for posting copyrighted tongue logos,

Hum is that why the tongues are gone on the boards? I thought it was just down to good taste taking over ;-)
April 16th, 2004 05:16 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think its more likely that the reason he's shaking so much is because he's logged on to what we call a "left handed website"

April 16th, 2004 05:29 PM
glencar Gazza: "Jagger's admitted for years he's a bit of a 'surfer' - on an AOL online interview on the BTB tour, when asked about the various Stones sites, he says he sometimes surfs in for a laugh at all the arguments."

Hmmm, there have been some delicious arguments. Why I remember one particular one...
April 16th, 2004 05:33 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hmmm, there have been some delicious arguments. Why I remember one particular one...

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 2