ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick in NY yesterday night (pix inside) Return to archive Page: 1 2
18th April 2007 06:33 AM
Jeep Jagger, Clapton, Midler & More Honor Atlantic's Ertegun
by Natalie Finn
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:46:26 PM PDT

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=f81a8436-bf9e-44da-90da-03774a8fd8f9

Led Zeppelin didn't reunite, but plenty of Ahmet Ertegun's other disciples were more than happy to take the stage together.

Rock icons such as Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, Stevie Nicks, and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young gathered at New York's Lincoln Center Tuesday to pay tribute to the Atlantic Records chairman, who died Dec. 14 at 83.

Tragically, yet oddly fittingly, Ertegun died of a head injury suffered in October when he fell down at a Rolling Stones concert. A mover and a shaker until the end, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer signed and nurtured rockers such as the Stones and Led Zeppelin, as well as some of the biggest names in soul and R&B, including Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and Otis Redding.

Jagger remembered his boss at Atlantic as "the wicked uncle with the wicked chuckle," saying he could never keep up with the dapper Turk.

The event's host, Bette Midler, said that Ertegun could "charm the birds out of the trees," and reminisced how she had grown up on Atlantic music, tunes that "promised there was a party somewhere."

As one would expect, "Ahmet Ertegun: A Celebration" was largely a musical affair.

Performers included Clapton, who led a band featuring New Orleans pianist Dr. John through Percy Mayfield's "Please Send Me Someone to Love" and Stick McGhee's "Drinkin' Wine Spo-dee-o-dee"; Phil Collins, who sang "In the Air Tonight" and then, joined by the rest of Genesis, "Follow You, Follow Me"; Ben E. King, who crooned "Don't Play That Song," which Ertegun helped write; Crosby, Stills & Nash, who took on the Beatles' "In My Life" before Neil Young joined them for "Helplessly Hoping"; Young, who coupled with Stephen Stills on "Mr. Soul"; Stevie Nicks, who sang a double feature of "Stand Back" and Led Zeppelin's "Rock and Roll"; Solomon Burke; and, adding a contemporary vibe, Kid Rock.

Rock, who also attended Ertegun's funeral in his native Istanbul, took on the Wilson Pickett classic "In the Midnight Hour" and Sam and Dave's "I Thank You," with the help of Sam Moore.

"I hope that today's musicians have someone like Ahmet," Young said.

Other notables on hand to celebrate Ertegun's legacy and pay their respect's to the late impresario's wife, Mica, included New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, designer Oscar de la Renta, Ray director Taylor Hackford, David Geffen, Henry Kissinger and Rolling Stone publisher Jann Wenner.

Photos REX :

18th April 2007 06:38 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat He doesn't look well...
18th April 2007 06:40 AM
Nellcote Thanks for the 411, I read this was to take place.
Nice karate chop photo of Jagger, he must be training for his black belt...This L'Wren looks puzzled, and not for Jagger, but of course, she has her library card extended....
18th April 2007 08:54 AM
patioaintdry i fuckin hate Kid Rock. That disease shows up everywhere.
18th April 2007 09:18 AM
Mr Jurkka He looks fine but bit nervous and what's with the hand?
18th April 2007 09:28 AM
Jumacfly Mick looks nervous and tired...
18th April 2007 09:32 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
patioaintdry wrote:
i fuckin hate Kid Rock. That disease shows up everywhere.

No shit..what was Sheryl Crow not available?
18th April 2007 09:34 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl More pix with thanks to moy!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
18th April 2007 09:39 AM
glencar Mick & Stevie Nicks? Wow, things are getting seriously BAD!
18th April 2007 09:39 AM
glencar Mick does hold up better'n any of those other old guys.
18th April 2007 09:47 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl They are Neil Young, Stephen Stills and Jann Wenner LOL
18th April 2007 09:48 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick & Stevie Nicks? Wow, things are getting seriously BAD!

Well, there's one with Patti Smith, si it makes a balance Now we have recent pictures of Mick and Keith with Patti Smith!
18th April 2007 09:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

18th April 2007 10:05 AM
oldkr Mick is getting the look of don imus about him!!!

OLE'KR
18th April 2007 10:06 AM
GotToRollMe Great pics, thanks guys. I think maybe Mick just didn't want his picture taken out in the wind with his hair flying at precarious angles.
18th April 2007 10:08 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
oldkr wrote:
Mick is getting the look of don imus about him!!!

OLE'KR

LOL...I damn near hocked up a lung just now!
18th April 2007 10:15 AM
glencar But apparently Mick likes nappy haired ho's!
18th April 2007 10:27 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick & Stevie Nicks? Wow, things are getting seriously BAD!

I like Stevie Nicks. I am aware that it is a weakness.
18th April 2007 10:40 AM
Maxlugar When Mick smiles, he is young again.

18th April 2007 10:47 AM
fireontheplatter awesome photos
it is amazing to me...mick i think looks great. what a difference between him and keith.
18th April 2007 10:51 AM
Mel Belli Mick brought a sweater and a scarf. What was the temperature in NYC last night? A frigid ... 45?
18th April 2007 10:52 AM
glencar Plus it was windy. Miserable until the weekend.
18th April 2007 11:00 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Mick brought a sweater and a scarf. What was the temperature in NYC last night? A frigid ... 45?

the north east has been chilly as of late.
18th April 2007 11:08 AM
Mel Belli D.C. has been unseasonably chilly too. But Mick needs to man up a bit. I mean, he's not gonna freeze on the walk from the limo to the door.
18th April 2007 11:20 AM
UGot2Rollme I think L'Wren actually looks sexy in that last shot. Probably the first and last time I'll ever write that.

Also good to see Stevie keeping the weight off (her face, anyway).

Mick does look young when he smiles, and his smile can light up a stadium.
18th April 2007 11:22 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
I think L'Wren actually looks sexy in that last shot. Probably the first and last time I'll ever write that.

Also good to see Stevie keeping the weight off (her face, anyway).

Mick does look young when he smiles, and his smile can light up a stadium.

It's when you see her dwarfing Mick that throws everything off.
18th April 2007 11:24 AM
fireontheplatter i think jerry hall has been mick's prettiest girlfriend ever.
18th April 2007 01:23 PM
Jeep Jerry and the girls were also at the Lincoln Center yesterday night.

18th April 2007 01:29 PM
Saint Sway Mick looks sharp. Best hes looked in awhile.

18th April 2007 01:30 PM
Martha Is this going to be televised?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)