ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R.I.P. Doris Richards
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Greatest Tattoo in the World Return to archive Page: 1 2
6th April 2007 05:14 PM
Voodoo Scrounge Today I got the best tattoo in the world. Well it is in my opinion anyway. It hurt like fuck, bu im very pleased with it!

What do you think?

6th April 2007 05:15 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
6th April 2007 05:16 PM
Voodoo Scrounge A few more, sorry about the quality. Took them on my phone!

[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
6th April 2007 05:16 PM
pdog On the leg... I would've put it on a more noticable spot, the work looks really good, and that's the most important, next to the pic itself, which is great... I give it an A-.
6th April 2007 05:17 PM
lotsajizz I look and I say

oww

keep drinkin' buddy, that's gonna smart for a while!

6th April 2007 05:21 PM
Honky Tonk Man Another one!

Post a pic of the Areosmith one, or did I imagene you posting about that??
6th April 2007 05:22 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
pdog wrote:
On the leg... I would've put it on a more noticable spot, the work looks really good, and that's the most important, next to the pic itself, which is great... I give it an A-.

I hear what your saying buddy, the nature of my work means that I cant really have them in more noticeable areas.

It did really hurt though, well worth it!
6th April 2007 05:26 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Another one!

Post a pic of the Areosmith one, or did I imagene you posting about that??

I didnt want the aerosmith one, but it has kind of grown on me!

fireontheplatter how much did that cost?
he/she is a talanted artist.
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
how much did that cost?
he/she is a talanted artist.

£150 or $300

It was done by a Russian guy called Chris. He didnt even draw a stencil on me! He just wen straigh ahead and inked me! I was shitting it, thinking that he would fuck up and I dared not look and an hour or two later when he said "its done", I was expecting to be scared for life with some shite! But the guy is talented beyond belief! Genius!
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
6th April 2007 05:29 PM
lotsajizz good price for that experience level art work
6th April 2007 05:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

I hear what your saying buddy, the nature of my work means that I cant really have them in more noticeable areas.

It did really hurt though, well worth it!

If they didn't hurt, everybody would have one...
6th April 2007 05:46 PM
Honky Tonk Man Are you planning to get any on your arms? I understand about your job, but having them done on your leg just because of that? You'll run out of leg room!

I have been wanting to get a Stones tat for ages. I've even got to the point where I've been sat in trhe parlour waiyting to be done, only to realise that I left the stencil behind. I'll get one someday. I was told that a tounge on my arm will cost around £60
6th April 2007 05:55 PM
texile that's a good rendering...
alot of times, faces don't look right, but that's really good.
6th April 2007 05:55 PM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Are you planning to get any on your arms? I understand about your job, but having them done on your leg just because of that? You'll run out of leg room!

I have been wanting to get a Stones tat for ages. I've even got to the point where I've been sat in trhe parlour waiyting to be done, only to realise that I left the stencil behind. I'll get one someday. I was told that a tounge on my arm will cost around £60

Well my tongue one cost £50 and that was done a while back, so maybe thats right!
6th April 2007 06:02 PM
_Boomy_ My "Rock N' Roll" related Tattoos:

Keith in shield (silhouette)

Bowie (shadowing)

----------------------------------------------

I usually wear long-sleeve shirts to work, so it ain't so bad!
[Edited by _Boomy_]
6th April 2007 06:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
My "Rock N' Roll" related Tattoos:

Bowie (shadowing)

----------------------------------------------

I usually wear long-sleeve shirts to work, so it ain't so bad!
[Edited by _Boomy_]

how much for the keith one?
6th April 2007 06:11 PM
_Boomy_ If I remember correctly...

Somewhere in the range of $150 - 180.
6th April 2007 06:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man Nice boxers Boomy!
6th April 2007 07:55 PM
sirmoonie Disciples of the watch, I stand before you in the name of the one who was cast out fom Heaven, but is alive......in me.
6th April 2007 09:56 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Disciples of the watch, I stand before you in the name of the one who was cast out fom Heaven, but is alive......in me.

I got 666 tatoo'd on my head...
7th April 2007 10:25 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Dont know what to get next!
7th April 2007 11:33 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

That is one stellar tattoo, Boomy!
10th April 2007 09:21 AM
_Boomy_

Thanks GotToRollMe.

10th April 2007 09:24 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The pain is gone now!

It was a real bummer this weekend. The sun was out all holiday and I couldnt wear my shorts!
10th April 2007 09:37 AM
TampabayStone Great tats fellas!!!

I just got my Stones tounge on me shoulder redone much bigger (will post a pic soon, still real scabby)by a young Turk who speaks no english. I swear that his wife looks like a turkish version of Beounce'. My original tounge is probably older than VS.
10th April 2007 09:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Great tats fellas!!!

I just got my Stones tounge on me shoulder redone much bigger (will post a pic soon, still real scabby)by a young Turk who speaks no english. I swear that his wife looks like a turkish version of Beounce'. My original tounge is probably older than VS.

How long you had the tongue? Im 23 lol!

I think thats going to be my last....for a while anyway!
10th April 2007 11:23 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:

How long you had the tongue? Im 23 lol!

I think thats going to be my last....for a while anyway!

I originally got it right before I went into the Airforce. I went in 1/6/86, so it must have been late December 85'. I guess you and my tat were totlers at the same time. I had it recolored about 8 years ago, but it was time to add a little to it. The mouth takes up most of my shoulder and the tongue wraps from there down my bicep, about and inch from the crook of my arm. If you count the original, the recolor and another one I got recently. This one was by far the most painful!!! That inside of your arm stuff is no joke. After 3 hours the pain seems to get real intense, so I need a little more work on the teeth, but it looks great!!
10th April 2007 02:20 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I originally got it right before I went into the Airforce. I went in 1/6/86, so it must have been late December 85'. I guess you and my tat were totlers at the same time. I had it recolored about 8 years ago, but it was time to add a little to it. The mouth takes up most of my shoulder and the tongue wraps from there down my bicep, about and inch from the crook of my arm. If you count the original, the recolor and another one I got recently. This one was by far the most painful!!! That inside of your arm stuff is no joke. After 3 hours the pain seems to get real intense, so I need a little more work on the teeth, but it looks great!!

In a few weeks I'll be getting a wrap-around on my right arm (around the whole arm -- bicep, tricep, everything). Pretty good size, too.

Are you saying the inside part of the bicep is a pain? It does seem to be a little more tender. The outside didn't hurt much when I got a tattoo on my left arm.
11th April 2007 03:00 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

In a few weeks I'll be getting a wrap-around on my right arm (around the whole arm -- bicep, tricep, everything). Pretty good size, too.

Are you saying the inside part of the bicep is a pain? It does seem to be a little more tender. The outside didn't hurt much when I got a tattoo on my left arm.

Yeah that inside part is pretty bad.. They will probably try and get as much of that part done early. Although they kind of told me that most people's pain threashold with tattoos is around 3-3.5 hours. Now ten people are going to post how I am a wuss and they have done 9 hr sessions, no problem man. My tatty is a little infected right now, but I think in a week it is going to be a big hit..
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)