ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

1969 - Baron Wolman
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dolly will not be forgotten Return to archive Page: 1 2
04-09-03 02:46 PM
nankerphelge She was created by biotechnicians, debated by theologians and finally put to sleep by veterinarians. Now Dolly the sheep has been stuffed by taxidermists and put on display before the public.

THE STUFFED REMAINS of Dolly � the first cloned adult mammal � were unveiled on Wednesday at the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
�She�s looking great,� said a spokeswoman for Edinburgh�s Royal Museum where she now stands. �She�s on all fours and her head is slightly tilted to one side.�
�She used to get a lot of human visitors,� she added. �And that�s the expression she always used to great them.�
Dolly�s birth in July 1996 was kept secret for months while her creators checked her lineage, but the eventual announcement, in February 1997, sent shockwaves around the world. Now cloning of farm animals has become almost routine.
Unlike her hardy mountain-dwelling cousins, Dolly � a breed called a Finn Dorset � was hand-fed and lived her life indoors until she was put down in February, aged six, after a severe chest infection.

The full result of her autopsy is expected later this week.
Dolly was made from a frozen cell taken from the mammary gland of her mother/twin who died several years before her birth. Creator Ian Wilmut said he named her after Dolly Parton, the American singer famous for her own mammaries.
While Dolly is best known for being an almost precise copy, she was in one way unique: she was the sole success of an experiment that tried to clone 276 sheep embryos.

The festival, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the discovery of DNA, will be fully opened to the public from Friday.

� 2003 Reuters Limited.
04-09-03 03:00 PM
gypsy OMG! Even in death that little hussy haunts mine and Joey's relationship. Last night, Joey was all like "Gypsy, I am going on a business trip this weekend. I need to fly out Friday morning." That lying sheeplovin' bastard.
04-09-03 03:08 PM
nankerphelge Wow, I'm really sorry I brought it up gypsy.
I didn't mean to rub salt in the wounds.
Must be hell when Joey returns from his "business" trips, smelling of cheap perfume, and pulling wool fibers from between his teeth.
04-09-03 03:17 PM
parmeda My condolences go out to you, Nanky.
I know how the whole Dolly story has entrapped you.
In Dolly's honor, I shall play "Far Away Eyes"....

...omg, what a waste of great music for a fucking sheep!
04-09-03 03:29 PM
Maxlugar Will they do that to Saddam Hussein?

Will there be enough left to stuff after the great American military has destroyed him in one of the greatest feats of war ever seen?

Will Joey still call it the next Vietnam? (Waaaa ha ha ha!!!)

Will I be forced to make sweet love to me, again, tonight?

So many questions.

Developing...........
04-09-03 03:50 PM
gypsy Calm down, Maxy. I don't know how many times I have told you that it is OKAY to make sweet love to yourself. Why I just made sweet love to myself a couple of nights ago. I was awesome, if I do say so myself.
04-09-03 04:29 PM
Joey Gypsy.....................Sheep Lie !

" Will Joey still call it the next Vietnam ? "

<------ Ah , yeah ........I believe putting the men into the country is easy , it's getting them out that is tough .
Remember Beirut in the 80's ???????? Enough said .

You raise an interesting point little fella .........Bob McNamara once said that even , " Jesus Christ can't control one of these things once they get started " .

Oh , and in the meantime , I see North Korea is now a major nuclear power -- Great job , we couldn't even cut a deal with them , now could we ????

Shiver ................

Developing ............

" Shall I put on ' Tattoo You ' this afternoon while we break in these brand new purple Satin Sheets ? ' Gypsy , Come to Joey ' I said to her Ronnie "

Snaggle Joe

04-09-03 04:34 PM
egon

dolly 1996 - 2003
04-09-03 04:42 PM
Joey Bless You Egon .......................

Dolly rolling around on flannel sheets was a sight to behold ......................I can't begin to tell you how many times her wool burned off -- not to mention all the " Salt Licks " I went through .................

YES !!!!!!

" Shall I put on Dirty Work this afternoon she purred ? And she made love to herself that day Ronnie "

H.R. Puffin Joe !

04-09-03 05:01 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I vote we save up and get Joey some mammary cells for some sheep of his own.

Then he can keep usin' em and Gypsy can go into a fit of rage and kill 'em in a healthy cycle.

"Shall I put on some 'Dirty Work?" she purred, and I stole the cells from her taxidermed teats away, Ronnie.

-tSYX --- SInce when have you been forty-four around the get on with the song!
04-09-03 05:15 PM
MarthaMyDear Christ... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought Dolly Parton had died!!! JESUS CHRIST, you guys!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was all sad!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVERMIND!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOHHH!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

*** Martha ***
04-09-03 05:23 PM
Joey " Then he can keep using them and Gypsy can go into a fit of rage and kill him in a healthy cycle "

< --------- TSYX , sometimes you are akin to the off- yellow , sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat : Hardly ever seen and disturbing when discovered .

Hey little fella , take it easy .....Man , who pee peed in your Wheaties ????????? Xyzzy is only joking -- Besides , and I really really mean this , anyone , I am talking ANYONE who likes the Stones is cool with me ...................

Now , where is my dope ?

JACKY !!!!!!

04-09-03 05:37 PM
steel driving hammer Which one shall we clone next?

Or

But definitely not the...

Cheers.
04-09-03 05:43 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:
<------ Ah , yeah ........I believe putting the men into the country is easy , it's getting them out that is tough .
Remember Beirut in the 80's ???????? Enough said .

Oh that's right! Now that I think of it, there's still troops in Germany, Japan and Korea. Damn WWII was another Vietnam! Thank god for your keen insight into these matters!

"Oh , and in the meantime , I see North Korea is now a major nuclear power -- Great job"

Thank your buddies Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter. Great job indeed.

mac-KY!
04-09-03 05:50 PM
Joey " Thank Your Buddies Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter . Great job indeed . "

You make Joey say , Huh ?????????????????

That deal those two brokered kept the peace these past ten years .........................North Korea's army is five milion strong and they have powerful friends ( Chinese Army now at ten million strong ) .

Don't cry to me if they strike first ...........

Oh Hell , I promise you , eighteen months from now you will wrap your arms around the Democratic Party and embrace a " Nationalized Health Care System !

Hilary Clinton in '04 !

Bet on it !!!!!!

JACKY BOY !!!!!!!!

04-09-03 09:13 PM
gypsy Dolly was a dirty dirty whore...and I don't miss her one bit.
04-09-03 10:30 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Herbie wrote:
" Then he can keep using them and Gypsy can go into a fit of rage and kill him in a healthy cycle "

TSYX , sometimes you are akin to the off- yellow , sticky film of weeks old urine that collects under the toilet seat : Hardly ever seen and disturbing when discovered .

Hey, Herbie, coooooooooooooooooooool out. It was a typo, I meant "kill the sheep." Not that it makes any difference, since it was indeed a joke.

quote:
Joey wrote:
Hey little fella , take it easy .....Man , who pee peed in your Wheaties ????????? Xyzzy is only joking -- Besides , and I really really mean this , anyone , I am talking ANYONE who likes the Stones is cool with me ...................

Now , where is my dope ?

JACKY !!!!!!

I dunno where your dope is. But when you find it, could you trade for a ciggie with the RonnieCake?

And if Hillary runs in '04, she'll just be another worthless no-name Democrat running for President.

"Shall I put on some CNN?" she purred, and I said "Current Democratic candidates include everyone and their mothers along with Larry King", Ronnie!

-tSYX --- Left shoe shuffle, right shoe muffle...
[Edited by TheSavageYoungXyzzy]
04-10-03 10:36 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

Oh Hell , I promise you , eighteen months from now you will wrap your arms around the Democratic Party and embrace a " Nationalized Health Care System !

Hilary Clinton in '04 !

Bet on it !!!!!!

JACKY BOY !!!!!!!!

You make Maxy Sniggle and the snot spew forth and wiggle!

MC MACKY MACK!

04-10-03 10:53 AM
Scot Rocks This is a great reason to come to Glasgow this September to see the Stones!!!!!!!

Stones and Sheep what more could you want????

Cheers "From the Sheep cloning country"

Mark
04-10-03 11:05 AM
nankerphelge Yeah buddy -- I was in Ireland a few years ago and I was dizzy from the all the wool! Would love to see Scotland!!

Damn I gotta get over there for a show....
04-10-03 11:14 AM
Maxlugar Nanky,

I've been seeing more and more sheep in Iraq on Fox News.

Those demure wooley cuddle monkey's feel safe enough to come out and bat their come hither eyelashes again.

Iraq (the 51st state) will be a good place to visit soon.

It's got a great climate and no man on sheep restrictions on the books yet. YET!

"Ali babba that wooley wooley mama, Ronnie baba!"

Ma-aa-aa-aa-aa-cky!

Ma-aa-aa-aa-aa-cky!

04-10-03 11:17 AM
nankerphelge Sheep liberation was one of the Administration's key goals -- although they would never say so publicly!

Persian wool - mmmmmmmm!
04-10-03 11:58 AM
Joey Sheep are cute , some are quite beautiful , and so very demure ............... not to mention that insouciant air of aristocracy and self confidence the all have .

Glasgow in the summer is precious as the sheep congregate on the edge of the cliffs .............ready and willing ...............and getting more and more MOIST !

" Why is that so important Joey ? " someone asked ;

Because the cloven hoofed bit##es PUSH BACK !!!!!

THAT is why ?

JACKY !!!!!!

04-10-03 04:13 PM
gypsy They "PUSH BACK."
Those cloven-hoofed whores...I hate them.
Their eyes still can't compare with those of the llama.
04-10-03 04:16 PM
Joey Gypsy ....................................

Going out drinking with my " Man - Friends " tonight ......................please wait up and keep your paws off the Chiba ..................

" Shall I put on some " Let It Bleed " she purred so softly and sweetly ? ' Come to Joey ' I said to her Ronnie "

JACKY !!!!!!!!
04-10-03 07:12 PM
gypsy Oh...doing a little cockdancing tonight, Joey?
I promise to keep my paws off of your chiba...but you didn't mention the blow...
04-11-03 03:32 AM
egon for joey.

dolly with her "father" in the good old days
(I.e. when she was still alive)

SHE'S BACK!

[Edited by egon]
04-11-03 10:03 AM
nankerphelge See that!
He's glowing.

And how could he not.
Look at her.
That cute pink snout.
Those soft cuddly ears.

Ah but look at those eyes.
The emptiness!
Where is her soul?

Cloven-hooved wench -- you just know she did him wrong!
04-11-03 10:48 AM
Zeeta Shit, Dolly has evolved into a small child!!!

04-11-03 11:08 AM
Joey " Evolved into a small child ................"

Yeah , I thought it was just me and my raging paranoia again ( Joesy sees Viet Cong Everywhere he goes .................and you ? )

Developing ................

Shudder ..................

JOESY !

Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003