ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Wellington Westpac Stadium, 18th April 2006
© Marty Melville with special thanks to Gyspy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help needed: the horrible three Return to archive Page: 1 2
12th April 2006 09:28 AM
albert On May 20th there will be a Stones-Cover Contest in our local (Noordwijk - NL) small concert venue called Join (adress: Weteringkade 2).
5 Bands will be performing their interpretation of Stones covers in the most original way (metal, accoustic, stoner-rock etc. etc.). All for a joke and a laugh, but: there will be a jury.
Besides that there will be dvd shown on a big screen and the d.j. will be playing only Stones records.

Here comes the part I want to ask for your help:
would you be so kind to send in your most bad, terrible, horrible top three of Stones songs to:
gruwelijkslecht at hotmail dot com

Of course you can reply to this topic too.

Thanx in advance!!

gr,
Albert
Holland
12th April 2006 09:47 AM
Gazza 1. Hold Back
2. Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
3. My Girl

Thank you please
12th April 2006 09:52 AM
albert Always that quick, Gazza?
thanx
12th April 2006 09:56 AM
gimmekeef Indian Girl
Indian Girl
Indian Girl
12th April 2006 09:57 AM
gimmekeef Gazza, hey I had My Girl played at my daughters wedding!
12th April 2006 10:12 AM
Throwaway Hold Back
How Can I Stop
Sing This All Together sucks equally as much as On With The Show
12th April 2006 10:58 AM
Break The Spell 1. Anyway You Look at It
2. Back To Zero
3. Indian Girl
12th April 2006 11:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man 1 Sing This Song All Together (See What Happens)
2 Back To Zero
3 Suck On The Jugular
12th April 2006 11:07 AM
Saint Sway Look What The Cat Dragged In
Sex Drive
Rain Fall Down
12th April 2006 11:21 AM
Jumacfly Winning Ugly
Back to zero
suck on the jugular
12th April 2006 11:23 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Back to zero

If that had Matt Clifford's keyboard wizardry on it, it could have been a msterpiece.
12th April 2006 11:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

If that had Matt Clifford's keyboard wizardry on it, it could have been a msterpiece.

Of course!!
Matt is a genious that only us, true fans,can idolize like a "real" Stones.
12th April 2006 11:28 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Of course!!
Matt is a genious that only us, true fans,can idolize like a "real" Stones.

He's a cult firgure like that which only increses the appeal. The way his synths meshes with the rawness of the guitars is total rock 'n roll.
12th April 2006 11:35 AM
Saint Sway The synths, the drum clicks, the sappy lyrics, his anchorman hair cut, his buttoned up pastel shirts and patterned vests.... yes indeed, Matt Clifford was destined to be a Rolling Stone!

his cowriting and playing on Alfie and GITD rivals anything ever put out by Jagger/Richards
12th April 2006 11:36 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

He's a cult figure like that which only increses the appeal. The way his synths meshes with the rawness of the guitars is total rock 'n roll.

Correct Sir!!

I was so sad he didn t play on ABB (he only inspired RFD, , the Stones best single since Start Me Up)that I listened to Goddess a trillion times and gave my ABB copy to a drunk guy in the street.
12th April 2006 11:37 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The synths, the drum clicks, the sappy lyrics, his anchorman hair cut, his buttoned up pastel shirts and patterned vests.... yes indeed, Matt Clifford was destined to be a Rolling Stone!

his cowriting and playing on Alfie and GITD rivals anything ever put out by Jagger/Richards

Yes, someone else also sees the light on good ol' Matt. Too bad he wasn't invited to play on ABB, imagine what he could have done on Back Of My Hand and Rough justice.
12th April 2006 11:39 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Correct Sir!!

I was so sad he didn t play on ABB (he only inspired RFD, , the Stones best single since Start Me Up)that I listened to Goddess a trillion times and gave my ABB copy to a drunk guy in the street.

After you wear out Goddess (which I have 4 times), there's always the Alfie soundtrack and boots of the Steel Wheels tour!! I always turn his synths way up in the mix and drown the guitars out.
12th April 2006 11:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

After you wear out Goddess (which I have 4 times), there's always the Alfie soundtrack and boots of the Steel Wheels tour!! I always turn his synths way up in the mix and drown the guitars out.

you are a true and loyal fan BTS!
89 was the Stones at their best!
I love Matt's synth riff on Street Fighting Men, which is really a crappy guitar song.
Same for Paint it Black or Brown Sugar.
The guy deserves the Hall of Fame like us, real fans!
12th April 2006 11:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Gazza, hey I had My Girl played at my daughters wedding!

I hope it was The Temptations version, which is a classic

The Stones' version is horrid.

Thankfully they made a better fist of the other two Temps' covers they recorded later on. (Aint too Proud to beg and Just My Imagination - both of which were superb)

Actually, maybe I'll change my mind. Under The Boardwalk is worse than My Girl. They should have left that particular gem well alone.
[Edited by Gazza]
12th April 2006 11:59 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

you are a true and loyal fan BTS!
89 was the Stones at their best!
I love Matt's synth riff on Street Fighting Men, which is really a crappy guitar song.
Same for Paint it Black or Brown Sugar.
The guy deserves the Hall of Fame like us, real fans!

We're just enlightened to see and accept true genius for what it is. A true genius is never fully understood in their lifetime anyway. For a great Matt Clifford showpiece, check out the live boots of "2000 Light years From Home" from 89, he's playing like a madman on it, and his synths are a lot better than the mellotron on the studio version.
12th April 2006 01:05 PM
stewed & Keefed 1. Fool to cry
2. Back To Zero
3. Emotional Rescue

and 95% of Keiths songs.
12th April 2006 01:30 PM
Saint Sway "Being Mick" gives all huge Clifford fans a wonderful behind-the-scenes glimpse into magical song writing process that goes on when Matt & Mick put their masterminds together.
12th April 2006 01:33 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"Being Mick" gives all huge Clifford fans a wonderful behind-the-scenes glimpse into magical song writing process that goes on when Matt & Mick put their masterminds together.

And look at the magic they created on Goddess and Alfie. Too bad Keith can't stand Matt, I'm left to ponder what he could have done on VL and ABB.
12th April 2006 01:40 PM
Egbert Back To Zero (sounds like WHAM!)
Suck On The Jugular (don't need to hear Stones try to do RHCP)
Anyway You Look At It (no comment needed)

[Edited by Egbert]
12th April 2006 04:53 PM
albert keep them coming!!!

mine three 'favourites:
Winning Ugly
Sing This All Together (part 2)
Just want to see his face

Albert
Holland
12th April 2006 04:55 PM
nanatod
quote:
albert wrote:
mine three 'favourites:
Winning Ugly
Sing This All Together (part 2)
Just want to see his face

Albert
Holland

Hey, I think "Just want to see his face" is a great gospel-ly, bluesy Stones song.
12th April 2006 05:02 PM
Some Guy Emotional rescue should not be mentioned in this thread.
12th April 2006 05:06 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Emotional rescue should not be mentioned in this thread.

Agreed. I also like Fool to Cry and almost all Keef songs.
13th April 2006 02:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Emotional rescue should not be mentioned in this thread.

ER is a masterpiece and a fuckin good song.
I ll defend this album till the end of my life, even if Im alone!!

gimme the pipe and baby please let me go !

ps: I m proud to see Saint Sway is, like BTS and I,a true and loyal fan of Matt Clifford.Matt should have produced ABB fot sure.
13th April 2006 03:26 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ER is a masterpiece and a fuckin good song.
I ll defend this album till the end of my life, even if Im alone!!

gimme the pipe and baby please let me go !

ps: I m proud to see Saint Sway is, like BTS and I,a true and loyal fan of Matt Clifford.Matt should have produced ABB fot sure.

May I just take this opportunity to say

Ju,

As long as you have the pipe, you will never be alone
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)