ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Iggy & Stooges 4/9 NYC Ticket (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st April 2007 10:37 PM
GotToRollMe I know this isn't an Iggy forum, but I also know there are a few Stooges fans here. I have a ticket that I can't use for the April 9th show at The United Palace in New York City - 10th Row Center Orchestra. I'm asking face value ($70). PM me if interested.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
2nd April 2007 09:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm going to the 9:30 Club in DC on Thursday to see 'em.

I'm so excited that I'm typing this with my ass cheeks.
2nd April 2007 02:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I'm going to the 9:30 Club in DC on Thursday to see 'em.

I'm so excited that I'm typing this with my ass cheeks.

I expect:
Setlist, pics and review!
2nd April 2007 03:05 PM
Dan Anyone have an extra Wiltern ticket?
2nd April 2007 03:10 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Anyone have an extra Wiltern ticket?

Whyn't take the bus to nyc & buy GTRM's ticket? Kill 2 birdz...
2nd April 2007 03:20 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Whyn't take the bus to nyc & buy GTRM's ticket? Kill 2 birdz...

I want a GA ticket.
4th April 2007 08:38 AM
Bitch Thanks for offering the ticket, it sounds like fun but I can't make that date.
4th April 2007 02:28 PM
GotToRollMe Stooges Concert To Be Webcast Tomorrow

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_stooges/news/9670

Iggy Pop and the Stooges Live are to have their Washington D.C. concert broadcast live over the 'net tomorrow night (April 5) through US National Public Radio.

The show is part of the band's first worldwide tour with Iggy re-united with the Asheton brothers, and celebrating the Stooges first studio album since '73, "The Weirdness."

The band will play the intimate 9:30 Club venue in Washington D.C. - and the webcast will start from approximately 10.30pm (Eastern Time) - that's 5.50pm here in the UK.

The Stooges mark II features The Stooges' original guitarist Ron Asheton and his brother, drummer Scott Asheton. Steve Mackay plays saxophone the Minutemen's Mike Watt are also on board. Original Stooges' bassist Dave Alexander died in 1975.

The Stooge's webcast is part of National Public Radio's live concert series - previous artists featured include The White Stripes, James Brown and Wilco. These concerts are still available to view on the NPR website.

4th April 2007 02:29 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Stooges Concert To Be Webcast Tomorrow

http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/the_stooges/news/9670

Iggy Pop and the Stooges Live are to have their Washington D.C. concert broadcast live over the 'net tomorrow night (April 5) through US National Public Radio.

The show is part of the band's first worldwide tour with Iggy re-united with the Asheton brothers, and celebrating the Stooges first studio album since '73, "The Weirdness."

The band will play the intimate 9:30 Club venue in Washington D.C. - and the webcast will start from approximately 10.30pm (Eastern Time) - that's 5.50pm here in the UK.

The Stooges mark II features The Stooges' original guitarist Ron Asheton and his brother, drummer Scott Asheton. Steve Mackay plays saxophone the Minutemen's Mike Watt are also on board. Original Stooges' bassist Dave Alexander died in 1975.

The Stooge's webcast is part of National Public Radio's live concert series - previous artists featured include The White Stripes, James Brown and Wilco. These concerts are still available to view on the NPR website.

SS will be upfront!
4th April 2007 02:32 PM
GotToRollMe Oh shit, that's right! Maybe we'll catch a glimpse!

There's also a bunch of Stooges concert footage and interviews on Yahoo here (pretty good stuff too!):
http://music.yahoo.com/promo-31904706

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th April 2007 02:35 PM
pdog I hope PBS does a Stooges special, like they did for The Dolls on Soundstage!
4th April 2007 02:39 PM
GotToRollMe I'd love to see that. They're doing the Rollins show on May 4th, and they're bound to show up on Letterman soon.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
4th April 2007 02:49 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I'd love to see that. They're doing Rollins show soon, and they're bound to show up on Letterman.

Conan is in SF next week, but Iggy won't be here til the following week, too bad. It's literally two blocks between the theatres they'll both be in...
5th April 2007 09:57 AM
nanatod Since January, the only show that I have spent money for and bought tickets to, for me and my girlfriend, is the upcoming general admission Iggy and the Stooges show in Chicago next Sunday (we've been to a couple of free shows and in-stores). So what happens yesterday? Girlfriend wins two (more) tickets from a local radio station for the now sold-out show.

If a long-time Stooges fan who is a buddy doesn't want to go (and he should get back to me within a day or so), I'd like to know if any (local) Stooges fans on this board are interested?
[Edited by nanatod]
5th April 2007 02:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot Tonight.

Stooges.

9:30 Club in Wash DC.

9:30 door time.

I am so there.
5th April 2007 04:24 PM
GotToRollMe Have a blast, SS. And stay to the right ("Keith's side," as it were). He tends to aim for the left when he dives. Banzai!
6th April 2007 01:55 PM
nanatod
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Since January, the only show that I have spent money for and bought tickets to, for me and my girlfriend, is the upcoming general admission Iggy and the Stooges show in Chicago next Sunday (we've been to a couple of free shows and in-stores). So what happens yesterday? Girlfriend wins two (more) tickets from a local radio station for the now sold-out show.

If a long-time Stooges fan who is a buddy doesn't want to go (and he should get back to me within a day or so), I'd like to know if any (local) Stooges fans on this board are interested?
[Edited by nanatod]

My buddy can't make it. Anyone from this message board want to go?
6th April 2007 03:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot So....I went to the show last night.

How was it, you may ask?

I don't have adequate command of the english language to express a proper answer to that question.

Here, a pic is worth 1000 words...

That should pretty much sum things up...

Oh wait...I almost forgot. I got to sing "No Fun", ON STAGE, with the fuckin' Stooges.

Oh? You don't believe me? Here's a pic I took from on stage...notice the crowd in the background.

So that doesn't prove anything? Just a clever angle to make it look like I was really on the stage? How's this then....

Ig threw a arm around me right after that pic was snapped. Here's me and Iggy singing "No Fun" into the same mic, with The fuckin' STOOGES playing behind us. Boy am I glad that I wasn't too excited to remember the words...

The very first thing that I did when I got up there...iws I went and bowed at the feet of Ron Asheton. He cracked a big smile and gave me a pick. I was so excited that I forgot that I was holding a fucking camera. But I got plenty of good Ron pics. Here's one of 'em...

Look, if you are going to see The Stooges on this tour...go early, get up front, and get up on the stage when Iggy calls. I can't possibly describe what I was feeling like while up there...the adreneline rush is amazing...but now I can cross that offa my "Things to do Before I Die" list.
6th April 2007 03:06 PM
pdog That is the coolest fucking thing in the world SS....
FUCK!
6th April 2007 03:26 PM
mojoman right on man!!!
6th April 2007 04:37 PM
Sir Stonesalot You can listen to the show here...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9234325
6th April 2007 04:39 PM
GotToRollMe Holy shit. Outstanding, SS. I love the part about Ron Asheton giving you the pick. Great photos too. Hot damn! I salute you!

You can listen to the show on this page - I recorded it if ya want a copy on disc - as well as a slideshow (you're probably in there somewhere):

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
6th April 2007 05:43 PM
purrcafe I'm telling you, you gotta reconsider. The Stooges live have been nothing but awesome since they came back. You won't come away disappointed, I promise you! (You are 3/4 of the way at the show anyway. You already have a great seat!)
6th April 2007 05:44 PM
pdog Mary... you have to go!
6th April 2007 06:16 PM
LadyJane Out-fucking-standing SS.

Great pics.

What a memory!!

LJ.
6th April 2007 08:41 PM
GotToRollMe Here's our very own Sir Stonesalot in the NPR slideshow:

which can be found here:

6th April 2007 09:09 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here's our very own Sir Stonesalot in the NPR slideshow:

which can be found here:

Header material!!!!!
Great find GTRM

LJ.
6th April 2007 09:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot Whoa, cool.

I musta missed that when I was at the NPR site...
6th April 2007 09:48 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Here's our very own Sir Stonesalot in the NPR slideshow:

which can be found here:

Once again, I'm speechless from delight!
6th April 2007 10:45 PM
BONOISLOVE

I wouldn't advise to see those Stooges. Sometimes their physical brand of comedy can get a little too agressive for some of the little people. In fact, I don't advise to go to the movies or to turn on the tube anymore. I tried to watch one of those TV shows that the little people recommend... "Desperate House-wives", or something like that, and the total depravation made me want to scream and shout at everything!

Whatever happened to Captain Kangaroo?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)