ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Sunrgia with thanks Sweet Virgina!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ¿¿¿What do yo think about MEXICAN/LATIN ROCK??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th March 2007 09:59 PM
real wild child Here in Mexico we´re very proud of our rock bands,since the mid 80´s mexican rock has grown up so fast...bands like Caifanes,El Tri and Fobia opened for the Stones in ´95,´98 and ´06 but we have Cafe Tacuva,Ely Guerra,Maldita Vecindad,Rockdrigo,La Lupita,etc,etc...before the 80´s explotion we had nothing,well maybe Javier Batiz,Baby Batiz and the Dug Dugs...Latin America is plenty of kickass groups like Soda Stereo (awesome),Los Tres,Bersuit and many others...I like them so much,all of them have a personal sound,they don´t copy each other and don´t copy nothing from UK or USA bands,they have a defined identity...Have you ever heard them????

P.D. If you think Santana is latin rock I´ll kill you!!!
30th March 2007 10:21 PM
Egbert Funny - I was jamming on Santana (I) when I read your post!
30th March 2007 10:46 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here's me with some of the pioneers of Mexican Rock, survivors of the censorshit we had in the late 60s and early 70s.

Do you recognize one?

The picture was taken before opening for Mick Taylor when we brought him to rock Salón 21 in August 2001. Some are ex-band-mates and I was the art director for the opening act, next day some newpapers made great comments about the opening act.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
30th March 2007 11:23 PM
Violent_Femme I like Soda Stereo and Los Fabulosos Cadillacs. I don't understand everything that they are saying but they still rock.
30th March 2007 11:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is Mexican Rock from the times when Carlos Santana was playing bars in Tijuana, this is "Love Army" (during those days most of the bands used names in English) the song is "Caminata Cerebral" (Brain Walk) and I think is 1967 or 1968

30th March 2007 11:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This song was composed by the guy behind me in the above picture (co-written by Alex Lora)

30th March 2007 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rehearsing in 1976, we used to get so stoned that sometimes we just met to get high and not to play

30th March 2007 11:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL is this becoming the "Mexican Rock Appreciation Thread"?

This is rock babies, we don't fuck around (at all)
31st March 2007 12:02 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Same song, now live in the USA Californicating this Month in King City with special guest Brad Kava

31st March 2007 12:50 AM
Bloozehound Flaco man, Flaco!

31st March 2007 01:59 AM
Barney Fife
quote:
real wild child wrote:
Here in Mexico we´re very proud of our rock bands,since the mid 80´s mexican rock has grown up so fast...bands like Caifanes,El Tri and Fobia opened for the Stones in ´95,´98 and ´06 but we have Cafe Tacuva,Ely Guerra,Maldita Vecindad,Rockdrigo,La Lupita,etc,etc...before the 80´s explotion we had nothing,well maybe Javier Batiz,Baby Batiz and the Dug Dugs...Latin America is plenty of kickass groups like Soda Stereo (awesome),Los Tres,Bersuit and many others...I like them so much,all of them have a personal sound,they don´t copy each other and don´t copy nothing from UK or USA bands,they have a defined identity...Have you ever heard them????

Entonces, digame, esto es Latin Rock?

31st March 2007 02:10 AM
voodoopug This type of information is best presented by a "press conference in a tent"

Hail Joey
31st March 2007 01:25 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
real wild child wrote:

Santana started in Tijuana before moving to San Francisco and since the early days to the present he has mixed latin american music to rock, so probably is one of the best definition of "latin rock" end of story. Next is probably Botellita de Jerez in terms of mixing.
31st March 2007 01:33 PM
Starbuck
quote:
Santana started in Tijuana before moving to San Francisco

no....perish the thought!

31st March 2007 02:25 PM
GotToRollMe Santana were one of the greatest bands ever. Their first three albums should be part of everyone's Rock&Roll 101. And they were one of the hottest live bands I've ever seen.
Samba Pa Ti, indeed!
31st March 2007 02:41 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Rehearsing in 1976, we used to get so stoned that sometimes we just met to get high and not to play

Voodoo, usted era muy caliente, mi hermano!

31st March 2007 03:20 PM
fireontheplatter i think i prefer the salsa type of music campared to this.
31st March 2007 05:30 PM
GotToRollMe I think they were French, but Mano Negra kicked some serious Latino-flavored ass when I saw them open for Iggy in 1990.
31st March 2007 05:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL BTW all my post above are for rock bands not latin-rock bands, I mean "Rock Made in Mexico" with no influence from Latin Music or its roots.
31st March 2007 05:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Voodoo, usted era muy caliente, mi hermano!

¡Todavía lo soy!
31st March 2007 05:36 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LOL BTW all my post above are for rock bands not latin-rock bands, I mean "Rock Made in Mexico" with no influence from Latin Music or its roots.

LMAO...oops!
31st March 2007 05:41 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:

?Todaví¡ lo soy!

LOL...but of course!
31st March 2007 05:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Can you feel the fire?
1st April 2007 02:46 AM
Bloozehound va~sta dude y'all don't dig Flaco man

1st April 2007 09:46 AM
rogerriffin
quote:

¡Todavía lo soy!

jajaja, jajaja, esa mamada!!! jajaja jajaja
1st April 2007 09:51 AM
rogerriffin
quote:
Here's me with some of the pioneers of Mexican Rock, survivors of the censorshit we had in the late 60s and early 70s.

Do you recognize one?

The picture was taken before opening for Mick Taylor when we brought him to rock Salón 21 in August 2001. Some are ex-band-mates and I was the artistic director for the opening act, next day some newpapers made great comments about the opening act.

What´s the band´s name? You told me once, but i can´t remember...
1st April 2007 11:41 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I think you're asking about the band that opened for Mick Taylor, it was a "band with no name" just friends jamming some classic blues, we did not give the band a name, that was the first and last gig but they all have their own bands
1st April 2007 11:58 AM
Jumacfly Mano Negra are french but the band sings many (often great like "Mala Vida" or "Indios de Barcelona") tunes in spanish.
Anyway, the only Mexican band I ve ever heard and also seen live is Tito and Tarantula.
They rock hard (many Stones influences) and got a damn caliente bass player
5th April 2007 05:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other band I really like is Trolebús, the real working-class-mod-riff-raff-wild-bunch that were playing only on funky holes still Rodrigo de Oyarzabal made a very good production of his early stuff
5th April 2007 11:54 PM
Barney Fife
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)