ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Amsterdam May 1976
© 1976 Peter Mazel with thanks Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman Says Mandy Smith Romance Was His Mid-Life Crisis Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th April 2007 09:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Bill Wyman Says Mandy Smith Romance Was His Mid-Life Crisis
StarPlus.com
4/4/04

Rocker Bill Wyman has called his romance with teenager Mandy Smith part of an "emotional mid-life crisis" he couldn't avoid. The former Rolling Stones star wed Smith in 1989 when she was 18 and he was 52, but the odd couple had already become headline material in the UK after the model/pop singer revealed she'd been dating Wyman since she was 13.

The marriage lasted two years and Wyman and Smith were divorced in 1991. The famously private Wyman hated becoming a press target during the marriage, but fears that if he lived his life over again, he'd still fall for Smith - and marry her. He says, "That was something from the heart, I couldn't change things. That was something that was an emotional thing that I don't think I could have avoided another time. It was a mistake and it was probably my midlife crisis but I'm joyously happy now with my wife (Suzanne Accosta) and my family. Things have never been happier.”

"We've all got skeletons in our closet, the trouble is if you're in the public eye your skeleton gets shown. If I lived in Halifax and I drove a taxi you would have never have heard about it."
5th April 2007 10:16 AM
Jumacfly another Emotional Rescue fan

come back old fart pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!
5th April 2007 10:16 AM
Wikipedia Boy Mandy Smith?

Let's learn about her!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandy_Smith
5th April 2007 10:26 AM
_Boomy_
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
another Emotional Rescue fan

come back old fart pleeeeeeeeeeease!!!

I strongly concur.
5th April 2007 10:37 AM
glencar I just can't get past the fact that he's another Gary Glitter.
5th April 2007 11:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Bill Wyman is one big mid life crisis.
5th April 2007 11:32 AM
gustavobala charlie watts says this in 1989!

please bill, start to listen charlie!
5th April 2007 12:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man Sleeping with a 13 year old is one hell of a way to have a mid-life crisis! Most do daft things they'd of done 20 years earlier, but maybe Bill actually wanted to go back to high school years?
5th April 2007 01:24 PM
Philip You never know, he may have waited till she was legal to do the dirty deed! That's 16 in the uk by the way.

But anyway, Bill WTF were you doing!?!?!?!

Another anyway, I think it's VERY likely that most of the band have bedded under-age girls in their time on the road. They even wrote a song about it!!! :-()

[Edited by Philip]
5th April 2007 03:20 PM
gimmekeef Now he passes his time on the beach with a metal detector...Longing for the days of sniffing lil girls bicycle seats.....
5th April 2007 04:01 PM
Nellcote Another Gary Glitter?
That guy is doing three hots & a cot in Vietnam for child molestation.
His songs have been banned in all NFL stadiums.
I don't see Hound Dog Wyman like that, unless he has other priors....
5th April 2007 04:09 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Another Gary Glitter?
That guy is doing three hots & a cot in Vietnam for child molestation.
His songs have been banned in all NFL stadiums.
I don't see Hound Dog Wyman like that, unless he has other priors....

No hes clean...and thank god.."In Another Land"....is not being played at NFL stadiums!
5th April 2007 04:21 PM
Saint Sway as far as mid-life crisis' go... banging a hottie like Mandy Smith sure beats the piss out of those guys wearing toupee's and driving around in Porsche's

(no offense, JB)
5th April 2007 04:37 PM
pdog Who is Bill Wyman?
5th April 2007 04:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Who is Bill Wyman?

"The Posting Around Here Really Sucks Of Late"
5th April 2007 04:53 PM
fireontheplatter all i can say is....WAY TO GO BILL.
she was a hottie.........
5th April 2007 06:15 PM
luxury1 He has now marketed his very own metal detector. Hmmmmm, sumthin's not right with this man...
5th April 2007 07:16 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
all i can say is....WAY TO GO BILL.
she was a hottie.........

No she wasnt. She was an anorexic child.
5th April 2007 07:31 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No she wasnt. She was an anorexic child.

sorry boss man...
we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

she was a hottie......PERIOD.
5th April 2007 07:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

sorry boss man...
we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

she was a hottie......PERIOD.

if barely pubescent girls with an allergy that see them end up weighing about 70 pounds is your thing, then fair enough...

Personally, having watched that tabloid car-crash unfold over a period of about 4-5 years, I find nothing really to admire in 13 year old girls being exploited by an over ambitious mother and being deflowered by a man old enough to be her grandfather.

Wyman was lucky he didnt go to jail. The fact that he was a member of the Stones doesnt make it cool in any way.
[Edited by Gazza]
5th April 2007 09:41 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just can't get past the fact that he's another Gary Glitter.

What!?? Was Uncle Gary going through a mid-life crisis as well?

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
5th April 2007 10:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Bill Wyman Says Mandy Smith Romance Was His Mid-Life Crisis
StarPlus.com
4/4/04

Rocker Bill Wyman has called his romance with teenager Mandy Smith part of an "emotional mid-life crisis" he couldn't avoid. The former Rolling Stones star wed Smith in 1989 when she was 18 and he was 52, but the odd couple had already become headline material in the UK after the model/pop singer revealed she'd been dating Wyman since she was 13.

The marriage lasted two years and Wyman and Smith were divorced in 1991. The famously private Wyman hated becoming a press target during the marriage, but fears that if he lived his life over again, he'd still fall for Smith - and marry her. He says, "That was something from the heart, I couldn't change things. That was something that was an emotional thing that I don't think I could have avoided another time. It was a mistake and it was probably my midlife crisis but I'm joyously happy now with my wife (Suzanne Accosta) and my family. Things have never been happier.”

"We've all got skeletons in our closet, the trouble is if you're in the public eye your skeleton gets shown. If I lived in Halifax and I drove a taxi you would have never have heard about it."

Some call it pedophelia, some call it a mid-life crisis.......
6th April 2007 03:13 AM
Poplar
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
In Another Land"....is not being played at NFL stadiums!

just imagine that for a moment... hysterical.

6th April 2007 07:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
"The Posting Around Here Really Sucks Of Late"

-
6th April 2007 08:50 AM
Philip
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Personally, having watched that tabloid car-crash unfold over a period of about 4-5 years, I find nothing really to admire in 13 year old girls being exploited by an over ambitious mother and being deflowered by a man old enough to be her grandfather.

Wyman was lucky he didnt go to jail. The fact that he was a member of the Stones doesnt make it cool in any way.

Were there any police investigations about the relationship? Has Mandy said that they had sex before the legal age of consent?

Anyway, even just showing an interest and following up on it is bad enough, 13!?!?! Fucking hell if that were an average citizen they'd get crucified!!!

6th April 2007 09:18 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Philip wrote:

Were there any police investigations about the relationship? Has Mandy said that they had sex before the legal age of consent?

Anyway, even just showing an interest and following up on it is bad enough, 13!?!?! Fucking hell if that were an average citizen they'd get crucified!!!

Well at least he didnt snort his Dad.......
6th April 2007 09:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Philip wrote:

Wyman admitted years later that their relationship had in fact been consummated while she was still under age - although not when she was as young as 13. Smith was unhappy at him doing so as both of them had (presumably mutually) long stated that it hadnt been - obviously in order to make the whole thing appear less sensational than it was.

The police did investigate it as I recall, but didnt pursue the matter as there hadnt been a complaint from Smith or her family.
6th April 2007 10:54 AM
Saint Sway Wyman's been out of the band for FIFTEEN years!!!!

still hard to believe
6th April 2007 11:09 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Wyman's been out of the band for FIFTEEN years!!!!

still hard to believe

And Chucks been in...longer than that........
6th April 2007 12:32 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Woman figure skaters must be an incredible fuck....

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)