ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Press conference at Stadthalle in Bremen, Germany, March 1967
© Gunter Zint with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: L'Wren Scott doesn't want kids with Mick Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
27th March 2007 08:22 AM
moy L'Wren Scott doesn't want kids with Mick Jagger
- The celebrity stylist says she's fine looking after Mick's other children

L'Wren Scott will never have children with Mick Jagger.

The celebrity stylist, who has been dating Mick for six years, is happy looking after Mick's children from previous relationships and has no desire to have her own baby.

L'Wren told Style magazine: "I have inherited many children. I feel overwhelmed and lucky because I have all these fantastic children in my life, who all have incredible personalities and fun."

L'Wren, who is about to release her third fashion collection Under My Skin, remains tight-lipped over engagement rumours.

When asked about the enormous diamond ring on her engagement finger, she blushed and said: "It's a very beautiful ring and that's all I'm going to say about it."

The 40-year-old former model - who was chosen as the Pretty Polly girl in the iconic David Bailey advert where her 42ins legs formed the hands of a clock - says her modelling work made her uncomfortable.

L'Wren said: "I hated being objectified. I don't think I was very good at it. Because I was so tall, I just had people telling me what was wrong with me all day. It's pretty awful. You have to have a really great backbone and sense of self."
27th March 2007 08:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels That's wise I think. Having kids too late in life isn't quite fair to the kids. IMO. I realize there may be odd circumstances. Mick doesn't need any more kids. For him the grandchildren will be coming on rather shortly anyway. If for some reason in the future Mick and L'wren decided to adopt I think that would be cool.

27th March 2007 08:40 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
If for some reason in the future Mick and L'wren decided to adopt I think that would be cool.

If its done for the right reasons. But MJ has a tribe already.
27th March 2007 08:44 AM
Jumacfly I didn t know she had long legs...just long teeth!
27th March 2007 08:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

If its done for the right reasons.

Sure. I was thinking more for L'wren's sake. Most women want babies. But there are some that really don't.
27th March 2007 09:41 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I didn t know she had long legs...just long teeth!

Oh, she's got legs all right...

27th March 2007 10:20 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Oh, she's got legs all right...

I see "Dancing with the Stars" in her future...LOL
27th March 2007 10:24 AM
Saint Sway

Silly L'Wren!!
Chicks with dicks cant have kids!
27th March 2007 12:55 PM
jb Mick seems to have settled down quite a bit with her....looks like he found a strong woman who can handle all that comes with being Mick...
27th March 2007 01:01 PM
Honky Tonk Man That is absolotley the right decision. Mick is far too old to be a father. I actually think its a little selfish to have them at that age. It's very wrong when a father or mother outlives their children and thats what would happen here.
27th March 2007 01:08 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
That is absolotley the right decision. Mick is far too old to be a father. I actually think its a little selfish to have them at that age. It's very wrong when a father or mother outlives their children and thats what would happen here.

I agree..although I think Mick has great genes, and longevity runs in his family, at 63, it would be challenging to start over again. Of course unlike most, Mick has the resources to have 24/7 care for the infant. Having become a father again at 44, I often reflect whether I'll be there for my daughters wedding,graduations, etc. Everyday seemingly,middle age people, in the late 40's early 50's s are being diagnosed with horrible diseases like cancer, heart attacks, etc...Just look at Elizabeth Edwards and Tony Snow....unfortunately, we still have not come up with effective ways to cure some if these cancers/diseases ....it's very scary. When you put aside all of the everyday nonsense, we all want to live as long as possible without being diagnosed with some terminal illness. While the average lifespan has increased b/c of modern medicine, more people than ever are living with some terrible illness. Having lived with chronic pain for over 3yrs now, I can tell you firsthand how difficult it is some days. I have to take pain killers on a regular basis, and while I may not be addicted to them in the clinical sense, I am very much dependent on them to get through the day...the problem is that I have built up a tolerance to them, and you find yourself having to take more and more....Oxycodone helps relive my pain, and a small amount of methadone helps as well, but I would not reccomend it to anyone .
[Edited by jb]
27th March 2007 01:53 PM
texile
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick seems to have settled down quite a bit with her....looks like he found a strong woman who can handle all that comes with being Mick...

those are my impressions...
and she's private about her relationship with mick - very classy.
27th March 2007 02:14 PM
glencar
quote:
That's wise I think. Having kids too late in life isn't quite fair to the kids. IMO. I realize there may be odd circumstances. Mick doesn't need any more kids. For him the grandchildren will be coming on rather shortly anyway. If for some reason in the future Mick and L'wren decided to adopt I think that would be cool.

His already-here grandchildren will be of childbearing age within the next decade...
27th March 2007 02:22 PM
Jumping Jack Elizabeth Edwards has paid the the ultimate price for having children very late in life.

Edwards has no chance in the race and shows no class putting his personal ambitions ahead of his wife's needs. If he treats his wife like this how do you think he'll treat the American public?
27th March 2007 02:24 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
His already-here grandchildren will be of childbearing age within the next decade...

Jade's kids (and probably Karis') will be making Mick a great grandfather before we know it!

I know you always like any excuse to see a pic of Jade, Glenny.

27th March 2007 02:26 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Elizabeth Edwards has paid the the ultimate price for having children very late in life.

Edwards has no chance in the race and shows no class putting his personal ambitions ahead of his wife's needs. If he treats his wife like this how do you think he'll treat the American public?

I respectfully disagree..like them or not, that is a family that has dealt with tragedy before. There is no point for him to sit around and give up his campaign. His wife will receive treatment to keep the cancer in check, which hopefully can give her many years ahead.....Like most private citizens, he and his family are choosing not to surrender to this harsh diagnosis, but to go on as best as possible. I find it quite inspirational. Prays to Elizabeth Edwards and Tony Snow as well....
27th March 2007 02:26 PM
glencar
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Elizabeth Edwards has paid the the ultimate price for having children very late in life.

I actually don't have a problem with the Breck Girl running but I can't understand why she's planning on doing a campaign too. I watched the View this morning to see Beth Ostroski (I love her!) & Big Rosie was quite critical of the Edwards. The biggest problem I have with their decision is that it's not like he has a chance in Goreville anyway!
27th March 2007 02:27 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Jade's kids (and probably Karis') will be making Mick a great grandfather before we know it!

I know you always like any excuse to see a pic of Jade, Glenny.

My God, Jade is gorgeous! Thank you so much, SV! You are a definite credit to this board. Why, I'm tempted to start an SV Appreciation thread in yer honor...
27th March 2007 02:37 PM
Joey
quote:
That's wise I think.................................. isn't quite fair to the kids.

I will tell you what is not fair to the kids :

|
|
V

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

D.J. Jazzy Joe
27th March 2007 02:42 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
My God, Jade is gorgeous! Thank you so much, SV! You are a definite credit to this board. Why, I'm tempted to start an SV Appreciation thread in yer honor...

Oh, Dear God no.

27th March 2007 02:45 PM
glencar It is tacky, I guess. Sorry, I won't bring it up again. I just hope you're enjoying this beautiful NY Metro area day...
27th March 2007 02:50 PM
Jumping Jack Hormones = much, much higher probablility of breast cancer.

Regular check ups rather than campaigning means much higher probability of diagnosis before stage 4.

Edwards isn't alone, I am sure Hillary would do the same.
27th March 2007 03:02 PM
glencar Now Tony Snow's cancer is back. My prayers for him & his family...
27th March 2007 03:24 PM
texile i think it's brave of elizabeth edwards to soldier through a campaign - and this was most likely a joint decision as she has always been a big supporter.
to keep moving on and staying busy is the best medicine..
what is she supposed to do?
sit home and plan her own demise.
a campaign might be a great way to stay motivated and strong.
27th March 2007 03:33 PM
glencar
quote:
texile wrote:
i think it's brave of elizabeth edwards to soldier through a campaign - and this was most likely a joint decision as she has always been a big supporter.
to keep moving on and staying busy is the best medicine..
what is she supposed to do?
sit home and plan her own demise.
a campaign might be a great way to stay motivated and strong.

She has 2 children who are 6 & 8. Even Katie Couric was turned off by her.
27th March 2007 09:22 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
It is tacky, I guess. Sorry, I won't bring it up again. I just hope you're enjoying this beautiful NY Metro area day...

What a great day it was!

Oh, and Jumping Jack-- You are so right. When Elizabeth's original diagnosis was announced my doctor said, "no surprise
considering the massive estrogen doses necessary
to have those two younger kids."

I hope that despite the dismal odds that both Tony Snow
and Elizabeth Edwards will beat this awful disease.

28th March 2007 07:38 AM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

What a great day it was!

Oh, and Jumping Jack-- You are so right. When Elizabeth's original diagnosis was announced my doctor said, "no surprise
considering the massive estrogen doses necessary
to have those two younger kids."

I hope that despite the dismal odds that both Tony Snow
and Elizabeth Edwards will beat this awful disease.

Oh, I hadn't thought about that. I guess losing their older son led them on a possibly fatal quest to have a second son. I hope she lives a long time but it doesn't look good. It looks even more dire for Tony Snow...
28th March 2007 10:12 AM
Jumping Jack One of the reasons original cancers are usually treated very aggressively is because the survival odds on reoccurences drop dramatically.

I feel sorry for her because she has sacrificed everything for her family and husband.

Her odds of beating cancer the second time are better than her husband's of getting elected. The putz should put his personal ambitions aside and take care of his family.
28th March 2007 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Her odds of beating cancer the second time are better than her husband's of getting elected. The putz should put his personal ambitions aside and take care of his family.

Agreed !!!

The type of political hardball the Clintons play guarantee victory ---- EVERY single friggin time .

Sass & Boots ! ™

28th March 2007 10:26 AM
Jumping Jack

A toast to the Hildabeast!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)