ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympic Sound or Pye Studios, London - November 1966
© The Conway Picture Library
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Tattoo's? Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 16th, 2005 05:22 PM
Honky Tonk Man Anyone here have one?

Was going to get the tounge logo today. Not prepared to pay £60 at the moment though.
March 16th, 2005 05:38 PM
glencar Nope. No tats of any kind.
March 16th, 2005 05:51 PM
kath yuppers. got a tongue tattoo on my right calf....
March 16th, 2005 05:52 PM
glencar Pain?
March 16th, 2005 06:20 PM
kath well, yeah. it was more irritating than painful, but i'll never do it again. if it had been even a smidge bigger i couldn't have stood it. now with this disease, i am not inviting any more pain than i already have....

but it's a cool tattoo, even if it IS backwards!!!

i got it for my 50th birthday....

[Edited by kath]
March 16th, 2005 07:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Anyone here have one?

Was going to get the tounge logo today. Not prepared to pay £60 at the moment though.

thats how much it is?

I've toyed with the idea for years and years to be honest. I was gonna get it done for my 40th just under 2 years ago, but never got around to it.

The wife doesnt like them, though, although I doubt that would sway my choice too much...lol. A small one on the upper arm or somewhere like that would be all I wanted. (A tattoo, that is, not a wife)
March 16th, 2005 07:22 PM
JumpingKentFlash I have Jagger on my cock........No really.
March 16th, 2005 07:25 PM
Gazza rumour has it you might not be the first!
March 16th, 2005 07:26 PM
JumpingKentFlash Yeah. I bet. I know Keith Richards has one.

LOL!!!!!!
March 16th, 2005 08:02 PM
corgi37 Got the tongue on my hip. It was my 1st tatt.
March 16th, 2005 10:02 PM
Soldatti Nope, I don't like tattoo's. A close friend got a tongue tattoo on the arm.
March 17th, 2005 04:18 AM
Irresistible-Lady I have a tattoo,but it's not Stonestattoo..
March 17th, 2005 04:41 AM
Jumacfly got a blue tongue too, I will soon send you a pic
March 17th, 2005 05:53 AM
magicwoman i really want to have a stones tattoo.But i have my doubt about taking a tattoo so maybe ill have to wait with it
March 17th, 2005 06:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

thats how much it is?

Yep. I took the patch that MarthamyDear gave me a couple of years ago and too have it that size and coloured in, that's the sort of price your looking at. Just don't have a spare £60 at the moment. The place I went too is known to be quite pricey, but I'd rather pay more than pay a tenner for it at a little back street tattoo parlour.
March 17th, 2005 07:04 AM
Monkeytonkman Yeah man, I got the tongue on the top of my right arm.
got it about ten years ago at my local tat parlor in Rugby, didn't hurt that much really, not that I can remember anyhoo.

Reckon when I got my left nip pierced that was more harrowing, but in a psychological sense - not really painful and it only lasts seconds.

Then again, maybe i'm just nails and can take it!
March 17th, 2005 08:00 AM
Phog I've got the tongue on my right shoulder blade. It wasn't that painful, but I won't be going back to the tattoo parlor. One is enough for me.
March 17th, 2005 08:14 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Phog wrote:
I've got the tongue on my right shoulder blade. It wasn't that painful, but I won't be going back to the tattoo parlor. One is enough for me.

hi phog hope everything 's ok for you bro! got a tongue tatooed too, great with my pixies tee shirt today !!
cheers
Ju
March 17th, 2005 09:09 AM
Jair I have that "recycle" logo in my right wrist, its cute and the girls always like it.

When I die you can recycle all my body, I mean, if you still find something good
March 17th, 2005 06:51 PM
corgi37 I had an old badge with the classic tongue on it. Took it to the ink man, and boom-bang-bing, i got it forever.

Tatts must be cheap here. Only cost me $50. I have a old style zodiac thingy on my arm that cost me $70 or so, and a rose on my shoulder (wifey has matching one) that was $60.

Next is the family crest, but i just cant afford it right now.
March 17th, 2005 10:10 PM
JumpingKentFlash I hate that tattoos are so effin' expensive in Denmark. We have to pay like 1500 or 2000 Dkr to get one. That's 300$. It's crazy. And that's what you pay for a shoulder tattoo. A small one.

I'd like to have one tat. Just one. Somewhere hidden and not very big. A tongue or a Les Paul. Would be nice.

You seen that guy that owns the website www.stonesfanatic.com (Or something)? He has a place on his leg that has different tour tattoos. I don't think that it looks good. It's too much in a way. But this dude really must be breathing and living Stones day in day out.
March 18th, 2005 05:23 AM
Irresistible-Lady In Holland,Tattto's are expansive to for a tongue i think you pay E100,-
March 18th, 2005 05:36 AM
Jumacfly here's mine, not a great pic but ....
March 18th, 2005 06:43 AM
JumpingKentFlash Hey Jumac. could you please post a pic where you take the pants down more??? Please honey.......
March 18th, 2005 07:02 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
Hey Jumac. could you please post a pic where you take the pants down more??? Please honey.......

ok darling, more soon !!!
March 18th, 2005 07:06 AM
JumpingKentFlash I Kent even wait for it.
March 18th, 2005 07:08 AM
corgi37 Thats a nice color! I have a pic of an audience member from the SARS show who had matching tatts on each shoulder blade. I was thinking of getting the date i saw the band above my tatt, thinking i'd never see them again.

Then they came back!!!

When they croak i might get the dates added.

P.S. Imagine if i was Gazza! I'd be more dates than tongue tatt! Oh, well, price ya pay for living with Elle McPherson and Jennifer Hawkins.
March 18th, 2005 07:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Thats a nice color! I have a pic of an audience member from the SARS show who had matching tatts on each shoulder blade. I was thinking of getting the date i saw the band above my tatt, thinking i'd never see them again.

Then they came back!!!

When they croak i might get the dates added.

P.S. Imagine if i was Gazza! I'd be more dates than tongue tatt! Oh, well, price ya pay for living with Elle McPherson and Jennifer Hawkins.

thanks Corgi
post yours, i d like to see it (or them)!!
and do you plan having Britney's nice feet tattooed too???

cheers
JU
March 18th, 2005 07:25 AM
egon since everyone seems to have a tattoo these days, i've decided to be different.
March 18th, 2005 07:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
since everyone seems to have a tattoo these days, i've decided to be different.

we all know that YOU ARE DIFFERENT bro that s why we love you
have a nice week end, is it spring too in Marseille??
24 degrees here this afternoon!!
Ju
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood